News Palossand-GX, Latias, Hydreigon, Regigigas, Hiker Promos!

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Hydreigon looks like it could be good that ability can discard Leles a Shaymins but Shaymin is getting rotated. I could see it as a energy denial deck but it's a stage 2 and that's a problem. Also Regigigas and Pallosand GX are garbage. But with Regigigas' ability we can pretty much confirm the regi trio will be in the set.

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Hydreigon looks like it could be good that ability can discard Leles a Shaymins but Shaymin is getting rotated. I could see it as a energy denial deck but it's a stage 2 and that's a problem. Also Regigigas and Pallosand GX are garbage. But with Regigigas' ability we can pretty much confirm the regi trio will be in the set.
Let use hope that some how there Abilitys boosted this Regigigas.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Hydreigon looks like a very nice support card. I do wish the Latias was a more playable card but I have no idea what Latios does but I'm sure it won't be good either.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Regigigas is actually a pretty revolutionary card! It boosts the maximum HP of non-EX Basic Pokémon to what used to be the maximum HP of, well, Pokémon-EX, back when they were first introduced. It's an increase of 30 HP compared to Zygarde BUS, which not too long ago set the record itself.

And another cool thing! As I mentioned in the Discord chat, you can Level-Up this Gigas to Regigigas LV.X SF100 and lose 30 HP in doing so––which, I believe, is the most it is currently possible to lose upon a forward-shifting change (evolution, level-up, etc), beating out the previous record holder of Kabuto's 80 -> Kabutops' 60. (You can further this somewhat by attaching a Fighting Fury Belt to Regigigas, causing it to lose 70 HP upon Level-Up.)

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Pollosand's GX seems kind of fun, but I hate that you need so much energy to use it. You might as well just use Charizard's GX and discard 10 cards period.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Unleashing the Gimmicks early, are they now? :D

Superderp Sandcastle-Mon GX: I guess you could try pairing it with Carbing-BREAK for energy acceleration, but even then... Not that worth it. It's GX attack is quite hilarious - drain all the decked Pokemon to the discard pile, and potentially KO the active Pokemon at the same time! The issue is that it would only be worthwhile to do it near the start of the game, and it is so slow to get out. Even then, Rescue Stretcher is kind of popular, so the effect can't completely shut opponents down.

Despite that, it could make a goofy fun rogue deck!

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
And another cool thing! As I mentioned in the Discord chat, you can Level-Up this Gigas to Regigigas LV.X SF100 and lose 30 HP in doing so––which, I believe, is the most it is currently possible to lose upon a forward-shifting change (evolution, level-up, etc), beating out the previous record holder of Kabuto's 80 -> Kabutops' 60. (You can further this somewhat by attaching a Fighting Fury Belt to Regigigas, causing it to lose 70 HP upon Level-Up.)
Ohhh, that's what you were talkin' about. I missed the context. Neat.

Pallosand's GX move is ridiculous. I love it. (I would never play the card, except maybe at pre-release, but I still love how goofy it is)

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer

Stage 2 is not a problem after rotation so much

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Not even the TCG is safe from the memey-ness that is Hiker David. Not sure how he stacks up in the TCG other than trying to top deck what you need or messing up your opponent's next draw.

MasterBidoof123

Pokemon Master!
The HP is Just going up every new gen. i mean, LOOK AT REGIGIGAS and how about we Put Fighting Fury Belt on it, BOOM- 220 HP and he's not even a GX. Blissey gets Less HP Than THAT in the TCG
EDIT:Oh, Its Ability...

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Regigigas would make a good early-game stall, 220HP with FFB and only 1 prize. If you wanted to attack with it, instead of having all 3 Regi in play you could have 1 Garbodor BKT which lets it attack without them by making the ability useless

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
regigas ability is bad but can be negated with alolan muk, so the question becomes is that attack strong enough to justify attaching 5 energy to and can we attach it quickly enough before its KOed.

well we can attach 1 energy and 2 DCE to it, not ideal but doable, can use magnezone or vikavolt for the quick attach, can use shining legends venusaur to double grass so we only need 3 grass attached, can use metagross gx to attach metal/psychic from discard. finally we have yveltal, rayquaza and shining legends raikou that can attach from discard as part of an attack.

so there's options but is 160 (190 with choice) and stadium discard worth it, I say maybe we'll need to see what the other regis are, and frankly i'm leaning towards magnezone/vikavolt combined with raikou or rayquaza.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Regigigas should have an ability that allows him to attack for free or one [C] less for each Regi on the bench

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
regigas ability is bad but can be negated with alolan muk, so the question becomes is that attack strong enough to justify attaching 5 energy to and can we attach it quickly enough before its KOed.

well we can attach 1 energy and 2 DCE to it, not ideal but doable, can use magnezone or vikavolt for the quick attach, can use shining legends venusaur to double grass so we only need 3 grass attached, can use metagross gx to attach metal/psychic from discard. finally we have yveltal, rayquaza and shining legends raikou that can attach from discard as part of an attack.

so there's options but is 160 (190 with choice) and stadium discard worth it, I say maybe we'll need to see what the other regis are, and frankly i'm leaning towards magnezone/vikavolt combined with raikou or rayquaza.
You can Kiawe on to it also