News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

JDA

Aspiring Trainer
This is an amazing set and the prime reason why I returned to play the game on a competitive level again. I can't even write down how happy I am!

Escape Rope and the other wonderful full art Item cards make this game a real skill tester. Add in the GX's who are on the (in my opinion) perfect spot of powerful but not 'broken' and great slew of Supporters who really allow for many kinds of decks to excist and continue.

I am very happy with this slightly slower but technical format!

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
Wow this was super unexpected, atleast to me. Tapu Bulu, and Lycanroc GX(midday) is gonna be in the set?! And secret rare rescue stretcher and secret rare choice band, this made burning shadows from being an ok set to a pretty good one(not as good as guardians rising). Super hyped for this set

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
well, we're missing Dive Ball as well
Well, they didn't need to reprint it since it was already in standard. Chances are we'll see that again too. There are plenty of SR's we're missing in the next standard format, I just think we'll see them come back before the season ends.

Dave Summers

Aspiring Trainer
Well, they didn't need to reprint it since it was already in standard. Chances are we'll see that again too. There are plenty of SR's we're missing in the next standard format, I just think we'll see them come back before the season ends.

Isn't the point of rotation to change the way the game is played from season to season? Why does everyone want to play the same game over and over again? Staples cards like Junk Arm and Broken Time Space never saw any reprints, so why does every card on XY must be reprinted?

If you want a format with the old staples, Expanded is right for you. Let the game change and evolve.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Isn't the point of rotation to change the way the game is played from season to season? Why does everyone want to play the same game over and over again? Staples cards like Junk Arm and Broken Time Space never saw any reprints, so why does every card on XY must be reprinted?

If you want a format with the old staples, Expanded is right for you. Let the game change and evolve.
It's just because a lot of people didn't play pre-Seeker ;) It also makes deck building much more tedious

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I've come to be certain about this:
VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail will get reprints

If you've noticed, just about every single secret rare item has been reprinted to be in the standard format, except for Rocky Helmet. Weakness Policy is potential evidence for this, as I made this theory months ago, and I think I made a comment for this in some forum, but if any of you have noticed this, I want to hear some thoughts.

That is pretty clearly just coincidence. Weakness Policy and Random Receiver are the only ones to be somewhat unexpected to begin with (the rest being pretty basic, staple-ish cards that have been printed in the BW era, XY era AND Sun/Moon era), and as you said, Rocky Helmet hasn't seen a reprint.

I doubt Trainer's Mail or Dive Ball will ever see reprints honestly. (I also don't think a few of the Sun/Moon ones will ever see reprints beyond the Sun/Moon era, incidentally, like Rotom Dex, Dumbells or Aqua Patch.) VS Seeker MIGHT at some point, though I doubt it will be during the Sun/Moon era.

Dave Summers

Aspiring Trainer
It's just because a lot of people didn't play pre-Seeker ;) It also makes deck building much more tedious

Ah yes, the joys of not even looking at your supporter count, just putting whatever and not getting punished.

Well, if people didn't play pre-Seeker, now it's their time.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
>Sees Tapu Bulu-GX full art/rainbow rare
Figured we'd get them here. I didn't think it was gonna be exclusively in the tins and that's it as it was implied given the FAs existed, so having them here alongside the other SM2+ cards make sense rather than shoving them into a promo product or not giving them to us at all.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I would buy a booster box because as a collector I wouldn't mind adding a few of these to my collection, but the pull rates from the Base Set and (especially) Guardians Rising were so god awful I'll just buy the singles.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
Valuable bench space in a seismitoad deck? Besides Crobats and some Shaymin-EX what exactly do you need on the bench in a seismitoad deck? Throwing it in as a one of makes perfect sense for Seismatoad. Some decks have bench space to spare... you'd think that if a deck came out that relied on poison then maybe it'd be able to provide space for Pokémon... that help poison? :rolleyes:

And as far as I can tell this seviper isn't getting much hype... and neither did toxapex-GX for that matter :p

Why on earth would you bench a seviper when you could bench a Crobat line instead?
And literally half the comments on the prerelease promo article mentioned that seviper is the "best one". Sounds like hype to me.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
WOW. The fact Bulu and Lycanroc are being printed in this set makes me LIVID.
I wasted 60 dollars on bulu tins and another 60 on Lycanroc boxes thinking it would be the only way I could ever get them.