News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
I'm betting the 'Core Punisher' attack on Zygarde will become 'Core Enforcer' on the English card.

Also. Wow that Seviper.

Baldnitrome2

Data Error
The promos look good, but they leave a little to be desired...
I Think Seviper and Bewear are the best promos to play.

(Hope I get an Necrozma-GX)

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
I wish they made Heracross one of the promos. I suppose it could've been a bit overpowered in the prerelease setting, but still.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Well, one of those is a good Promo. If you don't get Seviper, I hope you like the artwork on the other three, I guess. =|

GlakeGG

Aspiring Trainer
Does Serviper's ability stack? If not. still very solid but if it does it'll be freaking godlike.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
Does Serviper's ability stack? If not. still very solid but if it does it'll be freaking godlike.
It almost certainly stacks, and no it isn't "godlike". What poisoning attacker would you even pair it up with?

And I can't believe how bad you all are if you think seviper is the best or even the only good promo here. Crabominable is infinitely better. It hits 110 with a Choice Band and hits darkrai, Zoroark, drampa, Tauros, and Vikavolt for weakness, for ONE ENERGY, making it an amazing tech attacker in any deck that can use it.

And you guys think adding one damage counter to POISON of all things is better, when poison is completely irrelevant in the meta.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
that zygarde promo not only looks sick, but will rek prereleases. 80 damage for 3 colorless energy?!?! Thats so good. The other ones are good, finally pokemon is giving some love to seviper. The other 2 promos, i dont see getting much love, bewear seems to be the milling card of burning shadows, and crabominable, its just bad. Really excited for the Zygarde though

I think the seviper and bewear are best otherwise hope to get something decent in packs. I was hoping for alolan ninetales as the ability promo.

I know Tapu Fini gx is on packs and is in burning shadows; However i don't see it listed with all the other cards?
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/06/sm...ting-rainbow-light-consuming-darkness-leaking

its not there because tapu fini was in sm2 plus, that link had everything that was in japans sm3 set

It almost certainly stacks, and no it isn't "godlike". What poisoning attacker would you even pair it up with?

And I can't believe how bad you all are if you think seviper is the best or even the only good promo here. Crabominable is infinitely better. It hits 110 with a Choice Band and hits darkrai, Zoroark, drampa, Tauros, and Vikavolt for weakness, for ONE ENERGY, making it an amazing tech attacker in any deck that can use it.

And you guys think adding one damage counter to POISON of all things is better, when poison is completely irrelevant in the meta.

ok first why are u spreading the hate man, my opinion is that seviper is good, ur opinion is that its bad, and with toxapex gx as an attacker and seviper as support, its gonna be pretty god, with toxapex already putting 10 damage counters in between turns, and seviper adding even more, and if u play expanded, and put in virbank city gym, its gonna be an amazing card. Other then that, zygarde will be awesome for prereleases, crabominable will also be ok, and bewear, will be the milling card of burning shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
Zygarde looks amazing and Serviper is the best prerelease kit card.

For prerelease strategy, hope to pull a Kiawe and a high-damage Colorless/Fire energy attacker.

GlakeGG

Aspiring Trainer

I think there are definitely some creative way's to utilize the mon that can definitely make it godlike. It's only good for it's ability imo, especially if it stacks.

ok first why are u spreading the hate man, my opinion is that seviper is good, ur opinion is that its bad, and with toxapex gx as an attacker and seviper as support, its gonna be pretty god, with toxapex already putting 10 damage counters in between turns, and seviper adding even more, and if u play expanded, and put in virbank city gym, its gonna be an amazing card. Other then that, zygarde will be awesome for prereleases, crabominable will also be ok, and bewear, will be the milling card of burning shadows.

This. It's going to be even better in expanded, especially with Virbank, and let's not forget laser as well. Maybe I'm just overhyping the card, but I'm definitely hype to see how people utilize it.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, the good old "it's not bad, you just need a special strategy" thing.

Seviper just isn't good. It's best with salazzle, but salazzle is best used with muk, who already hits the damage numbers you need.

When you're going that far out of your way for seviper to only deal 10 extra damage, it's not great.

Someone's going to add seviper to their donk deck in expanded and it'll be cute, but in 10 extra damage on poison is only good in decks that are really strapped for damage, which isn't most of them.

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
I think Seviper would do well in a fun/budget deck if its Ability indeed stacks up.
The potential of extra 4 damage counters between turns isn't something to just ignore, but Sevipers on bench means they'll take up Bench space. That and this GX era means we're back to evolution-oriented decks, so it's easier to get rid of Special Conditions.

*Unless* if there'll be an upcoming speedy poison-dealing attacker. Something like the Über-Unused SM1 Crobat, but hopefully not a Stage 2 Pokémon. But then again, there's Comfey from GRi, which protects Fairy energy-holding Pokémon from any Special Condition. :p

126927_200w.jpg

Poison won't be a metagame-changing mechanic, but additional damage is always welcome.

Suuselientje

Aspiring Trainer
Awhh yeasss, I really really hope that I pull the Bewear promo <3 Attanding two diffrent pre-releases for Burning Shadows