News 2018 Rotation Announced!

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
I would of perfered a change to expanded like BCR-on or XY-on but I guess this is okay too.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Hoopa-EX hasn't rotated! The promo number is #71. :O

Stardust Jirachi is sticking around as well, along with AT Celebi.

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hahahahahaha! I told ya! BKT-on! BKT was the first set ft. BREAK Pokémon. BKP was the second set in the rotation was out of print. It does makes sense, just like Roaring Skies before.
EDIT : I made some changes, because I'm a noob, never notice something. Lol
Salute to the cards who were gives competitive impact:
  • Primal Clash
  1. Wailord EX
  2. Hippowdon
  3. Primal Groudon EX
  4. Camerupt EX
  5. Medicham AT
  6. Archie's Ace in the Hole
  7. Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  8. Swampert AT
  9. Teammates
  10. Shrine of Memories
  11. Silent Lab
  12. Rough Seas
  13. Birch??!
  14. Shield Energy
  • Double Crisis
  1. Team Aqua's Muk
  2. Team Magma's Camerupt
  3. Team Magma/Aqua's Secret Base
  • Roaring Skies
  1. Shaymin EX
  2. Double Dragon Energy
  3. M-Rayquaza EX (Both)
  4. Reshiram
  5. Artucuno AT
  6. Trainers' Mail
  7. Mega Turbo
  8. SR VS Seeker
  9. Steven
  10. Absol
  • Ancient Origins
  1. Regice
  2. Giratina EX
  3. Kanto Eeveelutions
  4. M Sceptile EX
  5. Faded Town
  6. Forest of Giant Plants
  7. Lysandre
  8. Hex Maniac
  9. Ace Trainer
  10. Eco Arm
  11. Entei AT
  12. Gyarados AT
  • Promos
  1. Regirock AT

Last edited:

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
Quite relieved to see this! Still love playing around with my (outdated) Keldeo deck, and since it retains all of it's card pieces, I still have a deck to rest back on in Expanded!

As for standard, we're losing only a few sets, where Vileplume, Shaymin, and Forest of Giant Plants will be the most missed (and I suppose the people still playing Rayquaza). Enjoying the fact that Gallade/Octillery is still a deck, albeit a very under-powered one.

What kind of cards are y'all happy to see go or make the cut for the next year?

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
I had a feeling it was gonna be this way. Is there a list of Black and White Promos that are standard format 2018?

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Sooo many critical trainer cards survived the rotation: float stone, brigette, super rod, heavy ball, level ball, parallel city, professor's letter, town map, judge, fisherman. They were really going to be nearly impossible to replace.

Notable pokemon cards that stay in the format are: Zoroark and its break, gallade, rainbow road xerneas, octillery, stardust jirachi, and Hoopa Ex (I guess Mega Exs will have a last chance to shine)

Great news, very satisfied with this rotation.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
tfw you were right the entire time
tfw the only relevant promo we lose is Regirock but Yveltal, Hoopa, and Mew-EX are all still legal
tfw Sycamore is the dominant draw supporter for another year while Z-tier cards like Hau fall to the wayside
tfw Flare Grunt and Plumeria are going to be legal in the same format

EfB83H6.png

BKT-on. As if there was any doubt.

@crystal_pidgeot

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Phew! Zoroark Drampa survives, and no Float Stone-less decks! Octillery in a slower format without Shaymin to be seen anywhere sounds much more appealing then now-maybe Octillery will re enter the meta a bit? Can't wait to see what happens when rotation hits :)

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I would of perfered a change to expanded like BCR-on or XY-on but I guess this is okay too.
XY-on would had been the most likely change. With how late changes to expanded would be, any shifts to Expanded's set rotation would likely go by Generation.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
tfw you were right the entire time
tfw the only relevant promo we lose is Regirock but Yveltal, Hoopa, and Mew-EX are all still legal
tfw Sycamore is the dominant draw supporter for another year while Z-tier cards like Hau fall to the wayside
tfw Flare Grunt and Plumeria are going to be legal in the same format

EfB83H6.png

BKT-on. As if there was any doubt.

@crystal_pidgeot

I've always accepted Breakthrough-On for the rotation. Just for the sake of changing the game, it should have been Evolutions-On.