News 'Team Skull Pin Collection Box' in October!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Salazzle-GX could prove to be pretty powerful and I could be wrong, but I think a lot of players might get too caught up by the hype of a seemingly-broken attack to realize it's actually just ok. Heat Blast is nice because you hit Shaymin (which will undoubtedly rotate so this doesn't matter) for 110 and you can OHKO Lurantis-GX and Golisopod-GX with it. With a Choice Band, you upgrade to OHKOing Decidueye-GX and Solgaleo-GX. (Who knows how relevant these will be in the next format.) Unfortunately, there isn't much else you're taking Knock Outs with early on in the game for you to really make use of Wicked Claw. In addition, you need to take three Prizes to go 150 + 30 with Choice Band, which may be a bit of a hike if you're forced to swing for only 110 for a while. We'll see what pairs best with this card in the future.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Salazzle-GX could prove to be pretty powerful and I could be wrong, but I think a lot of players might get too caught up by the hype of a seemingly-broken attack to realize it's actually just ok. Heat Blast is nice because you hit Shaymin (which will undoubtedly rotate so this doesn't matter) for 110 and you can OHKO Lurantis-GX and Golisopod-GX with it. With a Choice Band, you upgrade to OHKOing Decidueye-GX and Solgaleo-GX. (Who knows how relevant these will be in the next format.) Unfortunately, there isn't much else you're taking Knock Outs with early on in the game for you to really make use of Wicked Claw. In addition, you need to take three Prizes to go 150 + 30 with Choice Band, which may be a bit of a hike if you're forced to swing for only 110 for a while. We'll see what pairs best with this card in the future.
And lurantis promo boosts damage output

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
That's actually a good point. 110 becomes 140, which becomes 170 with Choice Band. You're not hitting every GX, but it's still a significant number.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Wow! I love these new promos, hype tho! Well, Salazzle GX, I just give it 4? Geodudes because the attacks are too cheap and that's where I like it.

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
YES!!!!! fire is comin back! i miss my old zard/pyroar/reshiram deck. plenty of cards now that work quite the same as the old deck too. lele for the supporter that puts down 4 fires. ultraball+letter+lele+kiawe(or whatever his name is) the new reshiram etc... cant wait to mess around with fire mons again. some of my faves

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
Excited for this! Skull was a highlight of the game for me. Knowing TPCi in recent months, it wouldn't surprise me if all of these boxes retain the art of their set counterparts. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Remember that time when GX cards were more common than reverse holo rares??

I think you mean EXs. BreakThrough - Evolutions (minus Steam Siege) all had absurd pull rates, but they're more steady with the release of SM expansion sets.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
I'm dissapointed that Golisopod dosen't have an ability that forces it and all its attachment cards to fall back into its deck after your opponents turn...

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
YES!!!!! fire is comin back! i miss my old zard/pyroar/reshiram deck. plenty of cards now that work quite the same as the old deck too. lele for the supporter that puts down 4 fires. ultraball+letter+lele+kiawe(or whatever his name is) the new reshiram etc... cant wait to mess around with fire mons again. some of my faves
Exactly my strategy for my Flareon EX deck

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
How awesome I'm very happy on the new quality in pokemon card products have increased. I'm hopping it's not a 40-50$ product thought...

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
Salazzle is nice, but i'd rather trust my pack luck with these tbh. I have been having amazing luck lately.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Gotta love the design of the box - Deffo grabbing this for the Salazzle-GX and Golisopod-GX cards!