News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

Zeno

The Wanderer
How so? Quite the opposite in my opinion. Black & White had awful art, X & Y decent but these Sun & Moon cards look gorgeous for the most part. Although the Hyper Rares are overkill that's for sure.. I care more about the art however ;)
That's fair enough, the cards look absolutely amazing! But the sheer amount of Ultra Rares (/Full arts/Hyper Rares) makes them so difficult and more expensive to complete, especially since every Pokemon gets a Full Art and Hyper Rare variant now! And I'm not crazy about the art on most Full Arts and Hyper Rares.

EDIT: Basically what @that_one_venasaur said :D

TheRealBro..

That's fair enough, the cards look absolutely amazing! But the sheer amount of Ultra Rares (/Full arts/Hyper Rares) makes them so difficult and more expensive to complete, especially since every Pokemon gets a Full Art and Hyper Rare variant now! And I'm not crazy about the art on most Full Arts and Hyper Rares.

Exactly, agreed then. They did go overboard with the ''search cards'' this gen. About 6 is ideal in my opinion. Sets in X & Y had to little.. The dosing seems to be a difficult thing at TPCI :p

Malavok

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder which full art supporters will be in the English set?

If there are only 6, they're leaving 1 out.
There were 3 in "Facing a New Trial" (Olivia, Sophocles, Acerola) and 4 in SM3 (Kiawe, Wicke, Guzma, Plumeria).

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

There were 3 in "Facing a New Trial" (Olivia, Sophocles, Acerola) and 4 in SM3 (Kiawe, Wicke, Guzma, Plumeria).
Team Skull is highlighted in the set’s official description, so we’ll at least see Guzma and Plumeria as 2 of the 6.

Malavok

Aspiring Trainer
Team Skull is highlighted in the set’s official description, so we’ll at least see Guzma and Plumeria as 2 of the 6.

That's good. Guzma and Acerola (if included) are the two I'm looking forward to the most.

I'm guessing they'd leave out either Sophocles (since he was originally in a separate set) or Wicke (if censored).

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug

I dunno which will be left out, but maybe...Wicke??

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor

plz sophocles no one likes him.
but kiawe wicke guzma plumeria acerola and olivia would be better. plus kiawe and guzma cant be left out cuz theyre playable. kiawe plus incineroar :)

you said 7 of 12 confirmed gx. what about muk i thought that was part of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

WastedSkyPirate

Will be Olivia, I think. Her FA is the only one that was a promo and not pulled from the sets.

I really hope it's not Olivia that's getting left out but, I do admit, that it makes the most sense that it's her.

I expect Tapu Bulu-GX and Lycanroc-GX (both Full Art) to be included in this set, in the same way that Rainbow evolved starters-GX were included in Guardians Rising (which was weird).

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
I really hope it's not Olivia that's getting left out but, I do admit, that it makes the most sense that it's her.
i think sophocles will stay even though everyone hates him but honestly if kiawe or guzma get taken out im quitting the tcg lol. theyre good for the deck im thinking of

Will be Olivia, I think. Her FA is the only one that was a promo and not pulled from the sets.
you have a good point there but i can live without her as long as kiawe and guzma stay

xxwishxx92

Aspiring Trainer

I guess should be Wicke since SM4 will be more focus on Ultra Beast and Wicke is belong to Aether Foundation.

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
I guess should be Wicke since SM4 will be more focus on Ultra Beast and Wicke is belong to Aether Foundation.
that would make sense but who can wait she is op. but if i had to choose based on design bye sophocles

im liking the lucario coins but why cosmog and meowth. triple blisters i expect more from lol. why not persian and cosmoem atleast

TorchicTrainer19

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, just noticed that Necrozma GX, GX attack calls out EX Pokemon as well. Which would mean that rotation will NOT exclude XY sets. Seems safe to say rotation will be BKT on! Pretty good news IMO!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Tapu-Fini-GX/Ninetales-GX anyone? Hydro Shot and Ice Blade hit for a combined 170 on ANY of your opponent's Pokemon. Not to mention Blizzard Edge and Hydro Shot can be spammed with Aqua Patch. Will be great to test :)