Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Woooo~ we won, good game town! I'm actually just glad that I've finally played a game as scum that's been at least half-decent. I might actually be getting better at this! D:

The Epist kill had no explanation (not even framing, as lord had not yet claimed) when they could have gone for a kill on a confirmed townie instead. Lorde would have had at least a 90% chance of being scum after she claimed that.
If I recall correctly, we were not going to kill quaking that Night since we thought that he might shoot someone (and most likely not one of us). That gamble turned out well! The Epist kill was chosen because he had some suspicion towards me, so getting rid of that was ideal, and if we killed HW, we were a bit worried that the town would turn on me.

I'm not sure you saw this, but Quaking was killproof that night from having killed Bowser curse you, Clockwork Castle and your night skipping antics.
Aah, so that was the way for town to win. I was super worried there was a Superstat Ability or something! I think that the best play here would have actually been to kill morda, since his role had been wiped, but HW was a close second, since seers tend to not have deathproofs.

@bbninjas Well played my dude
Well played HW! Your playstyle was very different to what I've been used to, which was a nice experience, even if it meant I was in your sights for some time.

Also, after talking with lord in the chat, she gets player of the game. If she hadn't targeted me that night, I would've outed bb and left her to be swept with the mass claim.
The idea there was to literally nullify most of the town. I was supposed to block Prof P (which failed), morda had his role wiped and lorde was to psuedo-block HW, and Epist was killed. That left literallly Celever and quaking left; quaking was pretty much vanilla and we weren't too worried about Celever's Abilities

Thank you! :) I really thought BB and I would get called out for that, but it seems Prof and I were paired, and BB "thought" Prof would be a better lynch.
Ah man, I had to think hard for an excuse there. The night skip messed up my maths, and so whereas with the nightkill we could have won upon a no lynch that would have occured on lynching lorde, without the nightkill, lorde would just be lynched the next day. I was fingers crossed hoping that noone found any holes in my "thoughts" there. Dx'

It definitely would have been reason enough to lynch me.
Honestly, I don't think it would be. Scum honestly did not need to kill Epist being on the list, and even then, there was no need for you to actually claim the real spellcast list, lorde, since the only player that had to be on there was scattered mind.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Gg everyone.. conratulation to lorde and bb for winning the game. Its not often i got scum and be on the winning side.

. Celever what are the odds of you picking 2 scums as your chat buddy

I pretty much hope atleast tsm would have chatted more in our qt even though if he suspect i was scum from the beginning.
(Future host, please dont consitenly give mason chat to a scum and town. Especially if the townie has an ability to have possible scum names)

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Gg everyone.. conratulation to lorde and bb for winning the game. Its not often i got scum and be on the winning side.

. Celever what are the odds of you picking 2 scums as your chat buddy

I pretty much hope atleast tsm would have chatted more in our qt even though if he suspect i was scum from the beginning.
(Future host, please dont consitenly give mason chat to a scum and town. Especially if the townie has an ability to have possible scum names)
To be fair to him, there was no reason to trust or talk to you when he had a good idea that you were scum. :U

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Aaand here's Part Two!

Thanks for the game @NinjaPenguin and @Blakers! It was interesting to see a particularly high power game again, since I think we'd been slipping from that. It's not the easiest to balance, but I think they can be most fun if pulled of right! The coins mechanic worked pretty well; I think the secret bonuses were cool, and there was a number of roles that interacted with the mechanic quitie nicely.

I did really like the Spellcasting Ability - it was very fun (at least for me!), and it was a nice way to psuedo-block yet keep night actions in play. The risk with using traditional blocks is that often, especially late-game, very little actions will occur during the Night, which I personally like to stay away from as a host due to personal taste (I find it boring! xD). On scum, I feel like it was quite balanced, as there's this risk vs reward thing in that you could clear someone else if you're not careful - which made using the action more strategic and skill-based.

Something I did notice with your hosting style, NP, was the vagueness in our action updates. For example, when I was told my blocked had 'failed', I had absolutely no clue why: Did I get blocked? Was Prof P unblockable? Did Prof P have nothing to block? Did my block fail because my role was wiped first? I personally found this a bit annoying/unfun, just because the vagueness meant that I got negligable information from my actions, meaning that effectively my Night action got wasted, and I couldn't really prevent the same scenario happening again if it was something I had influence over, because I didn't know what happened in the first place.

To be fair to him, there was no reason to trust or talk to you when he had a good idea that you were scum. :U
Actually if he played it right he could actually use anything he learned from our conversation to his advantage.
That shot on GM Drac was a bit of a random and wild guess, especially considering there was (technically) a 1-in-7 chance of actually shooting him. I reckon GM Drac was playing pretty consistently and townie while he was around, so the vig-shot on him came as a big surprise for me, and put us under pressure for the rest of the game. I'm not sure if having a vig shot on the town in a game of this size tips the game into the town's favour or not, although it probably does, as it took away a third of our number so spontaneously. Also since our ways of combating it was limited to a drive or block, which isn't a useful defense against vig shots early-game.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
For some reason I don't think I've mentioned this; @Lord o da rings played really well in my opinion, and thought through things quite well in the scumchat. I was actually super happy with the scum team that we rolled this time, even though I really wasn't keen on playing as scum again. I think @mirdo and @Epist did really well too; those posts were starting to get onto some good scumhunts and both of you went on my lynch/nightkill radar throughout the game. I hope to see both of you in future games! ^.^

Celever said:
To that effect, the other person I have a QT with is bb. My hunch is simply that you messaged me when I was silenced, but bb didn't at all. It implies that he knew my silencing meant that I wouldn't be able to talk in QTs either.

And usually on this site you can talk in QTs even when silenced.
In the HW/Celever QT.

Wait, this was your link between not posting in the QT while you were silenced and that being a scumtell? I thought that it'd be scummy because it showed that I didn't care as much (which was sorta true; school was taking priority, but I was still posting elsewhere), and I quickly regreted not spending the time. I actually haven't experienced a silence while having a QT, so I wouldn't know, and actually just assumed that it was the norm to be silenced in-thread and in QTs; so it's funny that this was what made the situation a scumtell for you. Dx' On that note, @Haunted Water, why did you end up trusting Celever so quickly? I'm just curious; I tend to be paranoid with him because I find him hard to read. It also means I end up defending him early on because I don't want to lose him to stupid lynches. xD

Ninja Penguin said:
If you ask me, your lynch was obviously scummy. The scum were planning to kill you early in the day, and just became opportunistic with your lynch. I hope people really examine your wagon, because you did nothing but question Celever for gaining in sarcasm by a large degree. His lynch wasn't great, but it made a lot more sense than yours.
simsands' lynch was definitely better than Celever's! *crosses arms*

Both were pretty bad, though. We actually had nothing to gain in lynching simsands (although the fact that he was killproof made it super good for us).

Ninja Penguin said:
P.S. A scum has basically already slipped one of their buddies, if you look closely. Can you guess who this is (and which buddy was slipped)?
Curious, what was the slip? Lorde's hammer?

scattered mind said:
Also, please future hosts, never do a silencing ability of any sort. Even a vig role is dangerous in our inactive meta. It's like shooting your own foot.
I second this. Jabber and I had some really great ideas for silencers flavourfully for Pirates (Davy Jone's Locker, anyone?), but they aren't fun and are terrible for improving activity. Vigs have to be carefully balanced else they're very swingy and can get rid of active players quicker than the game is built for.

Ninja Penguin said:
RIP Town. These last minute lynches always chose the worst (or one of the worst) candidates that were floating around, because the scum can control them so easily.
I think there was a couple of reasons for this. The first would be that a lot of us were in busy periods, so at least for me, I could only write up cases at certain points in the game, which often were half-way through the Day. The second thing is that we think we have a lot of time, but we end up wasting that time fluffing around and end up cramming cases into the final 48 hours.

Ninja Penguin said:
Why do scum never prepare for claiming? If one of them claims, they've contradicted what they've said.
What do you mean by this? I contradicted myself once, although it wasn't exactly a contradiction (more just weird to do as town); I said that I had a drive but ended up claiming both a drive and a block.

Ninja Penguin said:
If anyone follows this stupid Prof. P lynch, I will die. bb should be pushed for pushing a lynch that's based on something that I'm sure everyone has done this game.
Why was the Prof P push stupid? His reason for finding me scum - leading the town - was absurd. In fact, most of the time when people were finding me scum, it was because I was 'leading the town', which is not my issue. Every single post that I made regarding this was 100% my true feelings; no scum play there. :p

Ninja Penguin said:
This lord vs bb conflict looks like a bus gone horribly wrong. They are both exposing themselves as scum with good points about how the other one is scummy, but badly defending themselves.
Again, why would you say this? Remember, this was a show for people who did not know our alignments - it would have looked painfully awful to anyone who knew we were both scum. Lorde actually brought up a couple of good points on me because of how I pushed on her, which was my bad, but otherwise, I don't think she actually had much actual evidence on me. In fact, lorde made a few 'slips' that made her 'buddying' with Prof P look more evident, which is exactly what she needed to do. :p

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Curious, what was the slip? Lorde's hammer?
When you voted for simsands (with less than 12 hours remaining in the day) "because Celever has already put a three vote-weight start on lorde." If you see two lynches as equal with less than 12 hours remaining, you should always go with the more achievable one.
What do you mean by this? I contradicted myself once, although it wasn't exactly a contradiction (more just weird to do as town); I said that I had a drive but ended up claiming both a drive and a block.
If lorde claimed her Superstar ability, she was doomed. Obviously, she didn't, which surprised me in a positive manner.
Why was the Prof P push stupid? His reason for finding me scum - leading the town - was absurd. In fact, most of the time when people were finding me scum, it was because I was 'leading the town', which is not my issue. Every single post that I made regarding this was 100% my true feelings; no scum play there. :p
This is D4 Prof. P lynch, when you pushed him for dodging a question. D5 had much better of a case.
Again, why would you say this? Remember, this was a show for people who did not know our alignments - it would have looked painfully awful to anyone who knew we were both scum. Lorde actually brought up a couple of good points on me because of how I pushed on her, which was my bad, but otherwise, I don't think she actually had much actual evidence on me. In fact, lorde made a few 'slips' that made her 'buddying' with Prof P look more evident, which is exactly what she needed to do. :p
The horribly wrong part was the fact that you cleared 3 townies to do it. If the kill was prevented, (not like you knew about that) you put yourself into a terrible position.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Wow, gg guys, you played really well, but it was really frustrating that I couldn't use my abilities. Exactly when I had 20 coins to use my superstar ability. Also, to the hosts, I think this game was interesting, but a little bit unbalanced. I think 2 more town in this game would make ot more balanced. Because we had 2 good lynches and 1 vigilante kill, but still were in mylo really fast.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
When you voted for simsands (with less than 12 hours remaining in the day) "because Celever has already put a three vote-weight start on lorde." If you see two lynches as equal with less than 12 hours remaining, you should always go with the more achievable one.
That's not a slip; it's just a vague buddying scumtell that would be evident only if lorde or I flipped, or if a scumbuddying scenario was being speculated similarly to how I did with lorde and Prof P, and even then, someone would have to look back and find it. In fact, I was very aware during the simsands push that I was shifting attention away from lorde and voting with Drac, and that this could have dangerous implications in the future if I'm not careful.

From a town perspective, that vote can be justifed as to keep pressure on both players, since neither lynch had actually been developed. You just couldn't really determine whether a lynch is better than the other at this point. It's not exactly a pro-town action being so late in the Day, but if a townie thought that Celever was town, there wasn't a particularly pro-town option anyway, because the Celever push was also late in the Day. Although Celever's vote was worth 3, it is still only a single vote that is much easier to move than three votes by three different individuals, so the action I took wasn't particularly anti-town either.

This is D4 Prof. P lynch, when you pushed him for dodging a question. D5 had much better of a case.
Ah okay. Most cases do start off using much weaker evidence, which was the idea behind the push; there was more evidence for that case (the D5 case used evidence from D3 and D4), I was just too busy to actually scrape it together.

The horribly wrong part was the fact that you cleared 3 townies to do it. If the kill was prevented, (not like you knew about that) you put yourself into a terrible position.
Oh, I see. Any town could have figured out that those three players were townie quite easily, so me bringing it up wouldn't have changed much; in fact, brining it up probably gave me some townie points in some people's eyes. This past Day was an all-or-nothing - if either of us got lynched regardless of how we played, there was no way the other was going to live until the end of the game. There would be too many clears, and even then, the power roles would probably have gotten the better of us.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wow, gg guys, you played really well, but it was really frustrating that I couldn't use my abilities. Exactly when I had 20 coins to use my superstar ability. Also, to the hosts, I think this game was interesting, but a little bit unbalanced. I think 2 more town in this game would make ot more balanced. Because we had 2 good lynches and 1 vigilante kill, but still were in mylo really fast.

I actually think that the town was unbalanced, mainly due to the vig, but also because there was multiple killproofs and a number of powerful Superstar Abilities, plus about three ways to seer or psuedo-players (Epist's role, HW's role and Celever's role). We got a bit lucky with things like getting a mislynch on simsands (a killproof) Day 1, blocking the seer Night 3, and quaking shooting town the second time. Even losing the Night phases helped, because it meant there was less opportunity for seers and similar roles to fire. If any of these things did not happen as they did, we could have easily lost just because of the amount of confos. MYLO happening sooner is more because of the game size than anything else; remember that if scum play optimally, they shouldn't get themselves lynched at all.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Sorry about that! That superstar ability was an interesting one but I wanted to use it. I regret using it on you now that's for sure. Would have made pushing you A LOT easier.

As for the balancing, I agree with BB, town was super OP this time around. I think the sheer amount of abilities the town had were enough to easily take the game. Like, the scum win was very situational, and required lots and lots of luck and little things to occur down the road. Losing Drac so early on made it really difficult for us, and loss of communications did the same thing as well. I think this was the first time where scum had the odds stacked against them. We just had luck on our side.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I want to make a more complete post, but I think an important lesson can be learned from the balance in this game. If you ever have to cut roles because your game doesn't reach the signups wanted, it's important to cut roles based on balance, and not the most interesting ones. Though it would suck to cut an indie, having two of them wasn't good for scum, especially because both could win with the town easier than with the scum. Editing roles is also important, such as making one of the indies more scum-aligned.

NinjaPenguin

Postgame Part 1- Role and Player Analysis

1. @Celever- Donkey Kong
-q6tpHzW64ZLX3KlE7GKiSDy-3Ine1TcumvKGN-hKUUPSGb4D-qlURkKsrCRiISCWrCW7WOQ1kzkOQUXl2FFqX2PWiGbHjhfIdUh2c7EExqkn3a5nWxQmf5z58oT4cLNJ79sE6B2

You are Donkey Kong, and you are aligned with yourself. You were originally a villain, but once Bowser appeared, you shifted alliances to helping Mario. Although you were at first a playable character, you decided against that life and have had diminishing roles in every Mario Party game since that, going to a space on the board and finally becoming just a board host. You wish to be able to retire to a quiet life, but first, you want to become a hero.

Active Ability: Currency Exchange
You love bananas. They function as your method of sustenance, and some of your greatest enjoyment. You love them so much that you’ve always been willing to give away coins for bananas, even at a bad conversion rate. In all honesty, you cannot even retire without a plentiful supply of bananas. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts Exchange: 1-1. You will have your coins converted into bananas at a rate of one banana per coin. In addition, once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts Exchange: 1-1.5. You will have your coins converted into bananas at a rate of one banana per 1.5 coins (rounded up). Bananas are separate from coins, in that they cannot be effected by any abilities. (If you have no uses of this ability remaining and you need more bananas to fulfill your win condition, you will win when you collect 3 coins for each banana remaining.)
No Action Bonus: 1 Coin

Active Ability: Connections
You have many friends amongst the group, who you have met and bonded with across the years. Now, you must decide to trust some of them in this conflict. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts Connect: [Player 1], [Player 2], and [Player 3]. You will gain a QT with all of them. Your vote weight will be 1 for each of those players that are still alive. As long as all the players you have a QT with are alive, you will be protected from the first kill attempted on you during the night. If all the players you have a QT with are alive and a second kill has been attempted on you, a random player you have a QT with will be killed in your place. If a player you have a QT with attempts to kill you during the night, you will convince them not to kill you.
No Action Bonus: N/A

Active Ability: Special Gifts
From Mario Party 5 to Mario Party 8, you used to give possessions away at your DK Space, as an act of goodwill. Now, you will give them away in your effort to downsize. You’ve found six items that you are willing to give away: a Reverse Mushroom, Cannon, Barrel, Statue, Star, and Vine. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Gift: [Item] to [Player], where [Item] is one of those six aforementioned items and [Player] is a player you do not have a QT with. You will ask that player if they wish to purchase that item for 5 coins. If they say yes, they will receive that item, and the effect that goes along with it (every item has a positive effect). You may only give away each item once.
What the members of Bowser’s Minions do not know, however, is that the first time a member of Bowser’s Minions accepts a gift, their role PM will be posted in the next day update. Also, if you offer a gift to Bowser, you will punch him so hard that he will permanently lose all of his abilities, no matter if he accepts or declines the the offer.
No Action Bonus: 4 Coins

Superstar Ability: Barrel Cannon
You were never very good at jumping high distances, so you created a special DK minigame to have a player do just that for you. One of your strategies was having players use your barrel cannon to reach bananas high in the air, in return for compensation on your end. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Barrel: [Player]. You will give them your Superstar in exchange for them giving you a random number between 18 and 25 bananas.

Win Condition: Reveal a member of Bowser’s Minions with Special Gifts and have 35 stored bananas.
Secondary Win Condition: Survive until the end of a Mushroom Kingdom victory while having 50 stored bananas.

Effects of Each Gift:
Reverse Mushroom: That player gets abilities used on them (including kills) lighting rodded to someone else of their choice.
Cannon: Can target two people next night
Barrel: Random number between 3 and 8 coins
Statue: Double vote weight next day
Star: Self-watch (Revealed in Day update)
Vine: One time tracker

Safeclaim:
l0E5DKH6W4OzwzQmumVQC_-gb-UtMz_sQYDSwBo-f5XjtF6ODARuDB4EjX9x9hdSDO40hQdhG-XtMfIip_NnvsTogJ8k20lxmZGR0LJbhbh3Jg593Jx8Exq0iUfrDM1M0CSZLPHu

You are Donkey Kong, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. As a classic character, you have become a staple in every Mario Party game. Although you were at first a playable character, you decided against that life and have had diminishing roles in every Mario Party game since that, going to a space on the board and finally becoming just a board host. You are also now an enforcer of justice, there to stop Bowser whenever he gets out of control. Him stealing the Dazzling Star certainly counts as one of those situations.

Active Ability: Friendships
You have many friends amongst the group, who you have met and bonded with across the years. Now, you must decide to trust some of them in this conflict. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts Befriend: [Player 1], [Player 2], and [Player 3]. You will gain a QT with all of them. Your vote weight will be 1 for each of those players that are still alive.

Active Ability: Special Gifts
From Mario Party 5 to Mario Party 8, you used to give possessions away at your DK Space, as an act of goodwill. Now, you will give them away in your effort to downsize. You’ve found six items that you are willing to give away: a Reverse Mushroom, Cannon, Barrel, Statue, Star, and Vine. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Gift: [Item] to [Player], where [Item] is one of those six aforementioned items and [Player] is a player you do not have a QT with. You will ask that player if they wish to purchase that item for 5 coins. If they say yes, they will receive that item, and the effect that goes along with it (every item has a positive effect). You may only give away each item once.

Superstar Ability: Star Giveaway
The most exciting of your DK events are those in which you give away free stars, from DK Roulette in Mario Party 5 to defeating you in a minigame in Mario Party 7 to finding creative ways to give away stars in Mario Party 8. The excitement on peoples’ faces when they receive a star makes everything worth it. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Giveaway: [Player]. You will give them a Superstar. In return, they will praise you so much that nobody will kill you the next night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.
Role Analysis:
It was fun to see that Celever rolled an indie, but I very quickly realized that he was doomed. The wincon required way too many bananas to ever possibly achieve in a 14 player game, and a very tough number to achieve in an 18 player game. In addition, the number of QTs he had should have been decreased by one, so it was impossible for him to have a QT with all of the scum (thus eliminating his first wincon).
Besides being close to impossible, the role was pretty good. It had a strange optional seer element, and a way to increase that amount of Superstar Abilities floating around. It was a true pro-town indie, which I consider a refreshing change of pace for this site. From a role design POV, the only thing special was that the safeclaim was not a seer. This was done because scum like to kill seers, and it would be very bad for Celever to be nightkilled as this role.

Player Analysis:
In this game, you never scumhunted like you normally do, which quickly brought a lot of suspicion to you. Your constant OMGUS did not help your cause at all. The nail in the coffin, however, was being silenced, which threw off your play for the rest of the game. Though you were dead, you gave a lot of feedback, which I appreciate.
Best Play:
Your QT play was great. You managed to convince HW that you were a townie, and did well in your QT with bb too. In addition, even though people suspected you for it, your "come to the scumchat" comment showed just how good of a player you can be.
Worst Play:
OMGUS after OMGUS. It was obviously scummy, and pretty bad play in general, considering you still want to help the town.

2. @mirdo- Tumble
feF0KgIols1lEXGWPv0GXt7kvZvw8VF5y-oOaVVjIIDvG3aUnTAbTQKG-u6RF_s3PEUzFXESI-jTChshWXneaA24ufAmGMfw5b7kRfSRTfeMwu0B_kArjLGUmHtISbWXNlxldSvF

You are Tumble, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are a strange concoction consisting of a die with a body. You hosted Mario Party 3, and have been known as a beloved guide. You are a patient and responsive explainer, but many don’t even seem to care and hate you by your looks alone. You wish to prove them wrong by finding the location of the Dazzling Star and save them grief, so they can finally see you for who you are.

Passive Ability: Despised
Hidden: Revealed if you are at L-3

Active Ability: Trusted Host
Like Blakers and NinjaPenguin You are a high-quality host. You often explain the details of maps and modes to people, so they can get the best possible experience. This leads everyone, including Bowser’s Minions, to put high amounts of trust in you. Once a game, you may PM the hosts Confidant: [Player]. Every night, that player will tell you who they targeted and what ability they used on that player. If that player is not aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom, the names of abilities will be their safeclaim equivalent. If that player dies, you may choose another player.
No Action Bonus: 5 Coins

Superstar Ability: Slice and Dice
You strangely do not have limbs that are attached to your body. This allows to to fling them in any direction you choose. You can use those limbs to repel any potential attacker. The impact of your die allows you to finish those attackers. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Slice. You will be informed of all players who attempted to use an ability with any negative effect on you. You must then kill one of them. The next night, you will be PM’d one of the abilities that the player/s used on you.

Win Condition: Eliminate all obstacles to the Mushroom Kingdom regaining the Dazzling Star.

Despised reveals to:
Passive Ability: Despised
You replaced Toad in Mario Party 3, and have been despised ever since. Not only were you no true replacement for Toad; Toad wasn’t even a player in that game! Everyone takes out their anger on you, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Because of this, you will be at L-1. This will stop working in LYLO.
Role Analysis:
This was the game's only full Tracker, but given both an enhancement (knowing which abilities are used) and debuff (you cannot switch targets until one dies). It also has the capability to kill players with negative roles, which gives it an increased chance of hitting scum. Originally, the hated modifier would stop if Toad was killed, but since there was no Toad, that aspect was disabled. All together, this role was fairly balanced and low powered, which made it worthwhile. Trusted Host is certainly an ability I recommend to hosts in the future.

Player Analysis:
Even now, I can't quite tell why you were lynched. You were playing fairly pro-town, getting reads and using them. You didn't lie or WIFOM your way out of your lynch, but you got pushed mostly by the lottery. One thing I'll note is that you shouldn't always trust someone because they defended you, or suspect them because they attacked you. Try to develop your reads with interactions with other players, and they'll be more accurate.
Best Play:
You truly fought to not be lynched, which I applaud. Keep up that grit in future games.
Worst Play:
Humor is great, but there were times where I could clearly tell your jokes distracted players from your content. Be sure to differentiate your jokes and you game thoughts in the future.

3. @simsands- Koopa
A4LeSunvvhVMZjFbesnO2N-nlzywaqPuzj7-Fh5aQdQBGxntlL7fgxvU3bXLBzuAZPGRIAEWdMWmU5IwqbZvFdJwmYrPek54nA32yJSumlPfZ6HX02Rp4_0sNT5mteeGNKXSPDJq

You are Koopa Troopa and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. Although you were formerly one of Bowser’s lowest-ranking grunts, you've decided to give up that life- at least while Mario Partying is around!

Passive Ability: Tough Shell
Unless it's with the help of a Fire Flower or Star, it takes two hits to put you out of commission. Bowser especially learned it the hard way when he constantly failed to kill you in the cutscenes at the end of Mario Party 2 games. If Bowser attempts to kill you, you will hide in your shell, and that kill will be prevented. This Ability will then become locked.

Passive Ability: Hotelier
In Mario Party 8, you were the host of the board Koopa’s Tycoon Town, where players invested in your hotels. If you are targeted by any Abilities overnight, the person who targeted you will give you 1 Coin. This number will go up by one for every person who targets you. Every third person who targets you will gain a Superstar.

Superstar Ability: Warning
In Mario Party 2, you were the one who warned everyone of Bowser's attack. And this time around, you were also the one to warn everyone. So you've got a good instinct in knowing when Bowser will show up. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Warn. In the day update, you will tell everyone who Bowser targeted that night.

Role Analysis:
This was a simple role, combining aspects of other ones into one role. It is the only role which can stop itself from being killed by Bowser's Superstar Ability. Finally, it increases the general Bowser hate with it's Superstar Ability. Overall, however, it's not too exceptional unless it gets constantly targeted.

Player Analysis:
Overall, you played just fine. You believed in your convictions, but weren't online enough in the middle of the one day you were alive. Still, you asked questions when you were online and clarified your role with the hosts, which is all I can ask for. In the end, however, you were lynched because scum didn't want to be.
Best Play:
All around consistency. Every post you made contributed to the discussion, and gave players a different viewpoint.
Worst Play:
Accusing Celever of playing counter to his meta without giving examples. If you gave examples, you probably wouldn't have been lynched.

4. @rainyman123- Shy Guy
qDg_9jap0A_vnw7ThG9rsbftjxcE8y3WmE6IiKvvm3hV89pcISimzdV502dJSPg1Onv7Aoq-WN6rHJ0QwDvrGW5XNvvoNqXtJJFYdsJqZiF71fZeSBmk2vYMhhgDHiPFoYfaR2_4

You are Shy Guy, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are said to be shy, but in reality, you’re a friendly guy. You have many friends, and have amassed a great amount of affluence over the years. You sold insurance for the Dazzling Star to all of Mario and his friends, knowing nothing bad could ever happen to it. When it did, you were driven into a frenzy. You need to get it back, so you don’t have to cover that insane payout.

Passive Ability: Tourist
You have appeared in a surprisingly large number of locations throughout the Mario Party universe. In fact, some people believe you are omnipresent. Although you are not actually omnipresent, you are witness to many events. Once every even numbered night, you will be PM’d “[Role 1] targeted [Role 2].” That night, the player with Role 1 as their role targeted the player with Role 2 as their role (or Role 2 as their safeclaim).

Active Ability: Artificial Jungle
Over the years, you’ve used your money to create and use many stages. You’ve hosted Shy Guy’s Perplex Express and Shy Guy’s Shuffle City. But the most extravagant of your projects was Shy Guy’s Jungle Jam, a fake jungle you created because you were too scared to go to a real one. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Jungle: [Player]. You will send that player to your jungle, preventing them from using any actions (besides those used on you) or having any actions used on them that night. The next day, they will be silenced. After that, however, they will pray to one of your Shy Guy Wells and receive a permanent buff to their role.

Superstar Ability: Shy Guy Says
Your signature game is Shy Guys Says, where you hold up flags that the players have to match. Although this game is mostly fair in Mario Party 1, in Mario Party 2 it becomes broken, as you can switch between the correct flag twice. Now, you will use your flags to convince people to follow you. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts ShyGuySays: [Player 1], [Player 2], [Player 3], and [Player 4]. The next day, those players must vote with you or they’ll be roleblocked the next night for not following your flags.

Role Analysis:
Seriously, we need to stop using silencers. I thought the buff would make the role different, but it doesn't. It hurts the activity too much, and hosts needs to buckle down and accept it. I take full responsibility for this mistake, and I hope future hosts can learn from it. Shy Guys Says is equally scummy and counterproductive, so don't copy that either.
Tourist was stolen from Mafia XXXIV, with one important change to stop it from becoming a seer. It is a good investigative role for the town, and should totally be used again.

Player Analysis:
You keep getting better every game, and I can see how far you've come from Duck Hunt to now. You still certainly still have some work to be done, but you defense was much better than in the past and I could see some signs of scumhunting.
Best Play:
You never backed down from what you thought due to pressure. Keep believing in your convictions.
Worst Play:
You need to quote posts and analyze them to convince others of what you think. You can say that someone is scummy, but nobody will believe you unless you show it in their posts.

5. @scattered mind- Captain Goomba
yOhhmfvSEPZWLG1EUeLVmDzkw--wU-fhfUqfkfEGXp-VzHqD9Ckbi-OCVp02YngEmlCffOYvsgRBdas_jP8bvvuYrG8k5fBZ23XBKf7zUbm6HTi04ZufGUHHGz8qmHf0tcmYw7G9

You are Captain Goomba, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You have assembled on overseas empire that includes gambling, piracy, and appearances in many minigames. One of your gambling props involved the Dazzling Star. If Bowser ends up keeping it, it will be a large large loss for the casino, one which you can’t afford. Therefore, you must align yourself with the Mushroom Kingdom.

Passive Ability: House Always Wins
One of the lessons you have learned from your casino is that when under pressure, you can always come through, whether it is economical stability or a personal game of poker. If any player dares to push you against the wall by voting you, your vote weight will be doubled.

Active Ability: Philanthropist
Although you are a cold-hearted gambler on the outside, you are secretly a wealthy philanthropist. In fact, you gave away stars for free in Mario Party 8! You don’t have any stars to give away, but you can give away plenty of coins to anyone who impresses you. Once a night, you must PM the hosts Gift: [Player]. You will give that player 10 coins. If a member of Bowser’s Minions was hammered the last day, you must chose a players who voted for them at the end of that day. If a Mushroom Kingdom resident was hammered the last day, you may not chose any players who voted for them at the end of that day.

Superstar Ability: Referee
You serves as a referee in Mario Party 4’s volleyball mode, one of the most underrated Mario Party modes of all time. This has allowed you to become skilled at making many decisions, and players will always respect what you decide. If you have a Superstar during the day, you may PM the hosts Referee: [Player]. That player will be immediately lynched, no matter what modifiers are affecting them.

Role Analysis:
Philanthropist was a way to add more coins to the mix, which is why it was such a shame that scattered had to die Night 1. Maybe, we could have gotten more than three Superstar Abilities successfully used in this game with this role surviving longer?
Besides this, it has the obligatory vote modifier that basically any game on this site has. It's somewhat creative, which at least sets it apart from most vote modifiers.

Player Analysis:
You played like a high-quality townie, asking your questions, considering every lynch, and critically looking at every post. The suspicion on you was mostly unwarranted, but I was surprised to see the scum kill you with all the doubt cast on your alignment. When you flipped to simsands, it wasn't that great; otherwise, you played very well.
Best Play:
Examining every player. I can't tell you how often people latch on to a couple people as scum and ignore everything else.
Worst Play:
You didn't always follow up on your questions, which caused you to be more shaky with your reads, and by extension, more easily influenced.

6. @Jadethepokemontrainer/@double o squirtle/@Professor Palutena- Luigi
51sk-T-G5gkUX3ra-1Hx9WDjm6fKd6Led86XeUTfk6xvHjCH8jH9nrYiWmQpeAhzvv4LJs5dr5IjqFQUZt646E9dWX6dIoEr_T25X_kRp4Xt4gsK75NIsn4RmSlWymqyztISw5RQ

You are Luigi,and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. As Mario’s younger brother, people often overlook you, and your awkward personality doesn't help much. Occasionally you do help Mario with rescuing the Princess, but you don't get nearly as much recognition for anything, even though you've saved Mario’s life a few times.

Passive Ability: Cowardice
It's no secret that you're scared of a lot. So imagine how frightened you would be if Bowser or one of his minions tried to kill you in the middle of the night! If you are targeted by a Nightkill, you will flee in terror, and there will be no Nightkill.

Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Hidden: Revealed on Night 2

Active Ability: Courting
Unlocks: If Daisy (or the player with Daisy as a safeclaim) sends a letter to you. You may not claim or hint at this ability in-thread until it unlocks.

Superstar Ability: Boiling Engine
You are the proud creator of the Mario Party 1 stage Luigi’s Engine Room, one of the most complicated stages in the original Mario Party. This stage is home to the memorable credit sequence where the last place player gets burned by a steam generator. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Scald: [Player]. That player will have all their abilities permanently removed.

Extreme Phobia reveals to:
Passive Ability: Extreme Phobia
Unfortunately, you also have an extreme fear of Boos, which is even worse than your fear of Bowser’s Minions. When you see a Boo, you just freeze in place, unable to defend yourself. Just imagine what would happen if you were targeted by an even larger Boo! If King Boo targets you, you will die.

Courting unlocks to:
Active Ability: Courting
You have fallen in love with Princess Daisy, and based on her recent letter, it appears that she loves you too. Now, you must find her. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Court: [Player]. If that player is Daisy (or the player with Daisy as a safeclaim), you will gain new abilities.

Courting Abilities:
Combined vote weight of 3
QT (Luigi knows Daisy is town, Daisy does not)
As long as Daisy is alive, Extreme Phobia is disabled
Role Analysis:
Luigi was one of the coolest townies in the setup. He has a BPV, but also is vulnerable to being targeted by a townie. This makes his role very swingy in MYLO, but certainly interesting to watch. He also has a "searching for a partner" role that does more than just create a QT, which adds a level of depth to his role.
The reason I did not modkill Prof. P for revealing the role was the fact that I was going to allow claiming once Daisy was dead, but I simply forgot to add it to the role. In the end, modkilling Luigi probably would have helped the town, so it's fine.

Player Analysis:
Jade and DoS never played much, to the point that I forgot about jade and all I can say about DoS is that I was generally impressed with your play. Therefore, this will be focused on Prof. P. Although you subbed in, you were an important member of the town, and certainly helped the scumhunt. You didn't fight your lynch enough, but you still played very well.
Best Play:
Subbing in and immediately correctly guessing three of the four scum still alive. It really demonstrates just how good your reads are.
Worst Play:
You never properly explained your thought process (using quotes for examples), causing the town to be unable to understand your thoughts. Along these lines, you occasionally messed up terminology (e.g. crumbing vs crumbling), making your posts even harder for some townies to understand.

7. @PikaMasterJesi- Dry Bones
TgfBLSIEOmm9cT5e4oqt-K_pTVqRfRWtrUwemyWJKKdeDmuTfj3yKCJuNcvN_C_TNs9udcKMiLwY_uVL9QIUVmRwjJOwpsNpClrPJuBo8uvCa5PpOhwiKuGVtH3iZrexRIHvxKhW

You are Dry Bones, and you are aligned with yourself. A rattling mass of bones with allegiance to Bowser, you were originally recruited by Bowser to help out his minions. As time went on, however, you realised that he might be taking advantage of you. As much as you want to work with him, you’re not sure if it’s the best choice for yourself…

Active Ability: Tough Decisions
Although Bowser recruited you to join his two other minions, you’re not sure if working with him is the best decision for you. On Night 0, you must PM the host Play for Self or Play with Bowser. If you chose to Play for Self, you will receive a win condition (and role) that is not affected by the performance of the main factions. If you chose to Play with Bowser, you will receive a win condition (and role) that is becomes more achievable the better Bowser’s Minions is performing (you will still be an independent).

Superstar Ability: ???
Unlocks: When you make your decision.

Win Condition: ???

If Play for Self is chosen:
TgfBLSIEOmm9cT5e4oqt-K_pTVqRfRWtrUwemyWJKKdeDmuTfj3yKCJuNcvN_C_TNs9udcKMiLwY_uVL9QIUVmRwjJOwpsNpClrPJuBo8uvCa5PpOhwiKuGVtH3iZrexRIHvxKhW

You are Dry Bones, and you are aligned with yourself. A rattling mass of bones with allegiance to Bowser, you were originally recruited by Bowser to help out his minions. As time went on, however, you realised that he might be taking advantage of you, and decided it is best to play for yourself. Because of this, all you want to do is go home, back to your old life.

Passive Ability: Horrific Rattle
As a pile of bones, you can make many strange sounds. These are effective at scaring of your enemies, if they don’t have enough mettle. Every other time you are targeted by a negative ability, it will be prevented.

Passive Ability: Home Stage
To get into this conflict in the first place, you were forced to leave behind your fiance Dry Betty. Now, you wish to get back there, but secretly, so Bowser doesn’t get angry with you. The only way you believe this can be accomplished is by naturally getting banished by the Mushroom Kingdom. Because of this, you wish to be banished in your home stage. Unfortunately, this won’t be easy. Bowser wiped all knowledge of your home stage, to keep you loyal to him. Every night, you will begin to regain memories of your home stage, and gain a new ability based on what you remembered. The first thing you know is that you will certainly recognize your home stage if it gets picked. If the stage for the day is your home stage, you will alerted.

Passive Ability: Stronger Will
Unlocks: Night 6

Active Ability: Stage Choice
Unlocks: Night 2

Active Ability: Magic Glass
Unlocks: Night 3

Active Ability: World Atlas
Unlocks: Night 4

Active Ability: Sound it Out
Unlocks: Night 5

Locked.

Superstar Ability: Message from Betty
It is very difficult for you to even contact your beloved, seeing as you don’t know where she is even located. Luckily, a Superstar can help by allowing Dry Betty to know just where you are. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Message. Dry Betty will send you a message with half of the Mario Party stage names. Any name not on that list will not be your home stage. Every consecutive use of this ability will eliminate half of the remaining stages.

Win Condition: Get banished in your home stage.

Stage Choice unlocks to:
If you are to find Dry Betty, you must first influence the random spinner. The best way you can do that is by placing one of your bones in the spinner, forcing it to stop wherever you chose. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Stage: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. The next day, that stage will be the stage for the day.

Magic Glass unlocks to:
You have convinced Bowser to give you this magic glass, which allows you to look into stages. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Glass: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. You will see that stage in your glass, learning a basic summary of that stage’s effect and whether or not it is your home stage.
No Action Bonus: 2 Coins

World Atlas unlocks to:
Active Ability: World Atlas
You have recently learned about the categorization of stages into individual Mario Parties, and bought yourself a world atlas to understand more about them. Now, you believe you might know what party Dry Betty is in. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Atlas: [Party], where [Party] is a Mario party from 1-10. You will learn if your home stage is in that Mario Party game. If Dry Betty is in an adjacent Mario Party, there is a 50% chance you will be informed she is in the game you chose.
No Action Bonus: 3 Coins

Sound it Out unlocks to:
Active Ability: Sound it Out
You’ve began to remember more about how your home stage sounds. You can now attempt to sound out the name of the stage. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Sound: [Letter]. You will try to sound out the name of the stage, learning if your home stage has that letter.
No Action Bonus: 3 Coins

Stronger Will unlocks to:
Passive Ability: Stronger Will
You are running out of time! This has given you the effort to use your skills more than ever. Now, you may use Magic Glass, World Atlas, or Sound it Out twice per night phase.

If Play with Bowser is chosen:

You are Dry Bones, and you are aligned with yourself. A rattling mass of bones with allegiance to Bowser, you were originally recruited by Bowser to help out his minions. As time went on, however, you thought that he might be taking advantage of you. Now, you’ve decided that it is best to trust him, although you are still looking out for yourself.

Passive Ability: Horrific Rattle
As a pile of bones, you can make many strange sounds. These are effective at scaring of your enemies, if they don’t have enough mettle. Every other time you are targeted by a negative ability, it will be prevented. If someone is prevented twice in this way, you will learn their identity and alignment.

Locked.

If you are to help Bowser’s Minions, you must first influence the random stage spinner. The best way you can do that is by placing one of your bones in the spinner, forcing it to stop wherever you chose. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Stage: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. The next day, that stage will be the stage for the day.

You decided to bring ancient relics with you, including this magic glass, which allows you to look into stages. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Glass: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. You will see that stage in your glass, learning a basic summary of that stage’s effect.

Superstar Ability: Minions’ Secrets
The member of Bowser’s Minions have began to fully trust you, even allowing you to learn their fake identities. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Identity. You will learn the identity of a safeclaim for one of the members of Bowser’s Minions.

Win Condition: Survive to the end of a Bowser’s Minions victory.

Safeclaim:
YzqTCJhzQ554UvtQEZsb89BrMslar4OrBDCMgqv3EIxRmsWQmw5RpMioTCQ7RMogspE0MrFokKihp8Mx5_nq7MoeY3NLnMh7urt2B0M7Th0PPqT4EcKerxtgVffpv-91OaJNar2o

You are Yoshi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. Also known as T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas, you are everyone’s favorite dinosaur. You have appeared in every Mario Party game, including Mario Party Advance. Ir hurt you to see Mario, who you have known since he was a baby, become so sad over the loss of the Dazzling Star. You hope to flutter jump your way to regaining it, to bring a smile to his face.

Passive Ability: Speedy Tongue
One of your signature characteristics is your fast tongue, with can repel (or eat, if you are in a bad mood) any of your enemies. Now, you’ll push those bad guys away! Every other time you are targeted by a negative ability, it will be prevented.

Active Ability: Trained Tongue
Unlocks: When Speedy Tongue is used twice.

You found this shiny glass off the ground, and it looks really cool! You can use it to see places you’ve never been to. Twice during the game, you may PM the hosts Glass: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. You will see that stage in your glass, learning a basic summary of that stage’s effect.
No Action Bonus: 1 Coin

Superstar Ability: Warp Block
In Mario Parties 3 and 4, your favorite item was the Warp Block. The Warp Block is best suited for switching people’s position, which is great if you’re the target of a kill. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Warp: [Player]. If you would be killed that night, that player will take your place.

Trained Tongue “unlocks” to:
Active Ability: Trained Tongue
You tongue has gotten stronger after using it to stop these enemies. Maybe you can now stop the spinner? Once a night, you may PM the hosts Tongue: [Stage], where [Stage] is a stage from Mario Party 1-10. The next day, you will stop the spinner on that stage, making it the stage for the day. Unfortunately, you are not perfect at this, and will fail 50% of the time. From now on, every time you use Speedy Tongue, that chance will decrease by 10%.
Role Analysis:
This role is insane. Twisty and strange, this is by far my favorite role in the setup. Providing the services of pro-scum indie (creating a mislynch or siding with the scum the whole game), it provides balance while not being too OP. To accommodate for the smaller player size, Stronger Will should have been unlocked first thing, but other than that, it is a very achievable role.
That being said, please never use a jester for at least a year or two. Just the mere threat of a jester causes the town to doubt themselves when scumhunting, potentially bringing down the entire setup. IIRC, it has been 27 games and 4.5 years since this role was used, which gave it the element of surprise. Now that it no longer has that, it is dangerous, and should never be used until it has been forgotten from our memory.

Player Analysis:
At the beginning of the game, you played like normal Jesi (that point on you for italics was ridiculous). As the game wore on, your activity dipped, and so did the number of players who read you as town. Still, you were kind and excited in the PM, which is always nice. When you knew you couldn't win due to time constraints, you did the classy move and let yourself get lynched. Good job.
Best Play:
Your Day 1 play was perfectly like town Jesi, just more calm. It looked a lot like you were improving from the past, which was great.
Worst Play:
When you disagreed a bit with DoS over lorde. As an indie, your goal is to survive, which meant you didn't want to make any enemies or have any conflicts if possible. Instigating that didn't help you with the making no enemies.

8. @Lord o da rings- Kamek
L_0qPIohPRsssWKtExKKdGYB9whlSou_2GCQ5ivajpeunjNIA0Xa1oX7HKNEtr7bgif0q4AVcl8E9fDiUYlTINwPlcuyku1HkUDJa6P4ZxCh0fp-8L5ImbdEaFmiBf-L6owfsVmK

You are Kamek, and you are aligned with Bowser’s Minions. Over your time serving Bowser, you’ve been one of his most useful minions, and have always found a way to make things more difficult for Mario and his friends using your magic.

Passive Ability: Bowser's Minion
You are one of Bowser’s closest minions, and as such, you have the power to talk to him and your fellow minion. You may talk to your fellow Bowser’s Minions in this QT: [Link]

Passive Ability: Broom Escape
As a Magikoopa, you have the ability to fly on broomsticks. It's something you resort to quite frequently when kidnapping Peach, but there's no reason you can't use it here, too! If you would be lynched, this Ability will activate. You will fly away on your broomstick, and there will be no lynch. This Ability will then become locked. This Ability will also become locked if you are the last living member of Bowser’s Minions.
Hidden Aspect:
Unknown

Active Ability: Spellcasting
Whenever you cast a spell, it turns what it hits into something random. It's quite useful sometimes, although it only takes the random object from a few possible outcomes. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts a list of five players not aligned with Bowser’s Minions.Each Night Phase after Night 0, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Any Active Abilities used by that player that night will be randomly replaced by an Active Ability from one of the five players you selected on Night 0 (excluding Superstar Abilities).

Superstar Ability: Book Seal
In Mario Party DS, the entire premise of your stage was that you had trapped Koopa Troopa’s grandfather inside of a book. If you have a Superstar, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will become trapped inside a book, and will only be allowed to make 5 posts per day, and will not have access to any Abilities. This effect continues until you are killed.

Win Condition: Eliminate every player who wishes to regain possession of the Dazzling Star.

Hidden Aspect for Broom Escape:
If you are lynched within the first 48 hours of the day, you will be unable to escape, and die.

Safeclaim:
6H_NbbdHX6np9_U1HjbtbJHk0x3CrEXj3o1nioA9Jb1bz3EddjlTqL1F3SdZCUuSDyawbMn_EX0Lw75lggJoJxf7yPuju37Jmn3lJPfxn0esRhHz6DOzOGg_H9jUZo8H_ltmThn3

You are Rosalina, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You're somewhat of a newcomer, only having first appeared in Mario Party 9, but nobody would question your place. After all, you’ve been helping the crew and your family of Lumas for a lot longer than that!

Passive Ability: Launch Star
Luma has the ability to create what's called a Launch Star, which can send anyone flying to even other planets! And if you're in a bind, using one of these to escape isn't a bad idea. If you would be lynched, you will flee using a Launch Star, and there will be no lynch. This Ability will then become locked.

Active Ability: Magical Manipulation
The amount of things you can do with your magical abilities is seemingly endless. You can even switch up what other people do when you want to! On Night 0, you must PM the hosts a list of five players. Each Night Phase after Night 0, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Any Active Abilities used by that player that night will be randomly replaced by an Active Ability from one of the five players you selected on Night 0 (excluding Superstar Abilities).

Superstar Ability: Storybook Seal
Aside from your family of Lumas, you've got two very noteworthy things: magic, and a storybook that you read to the Lumas. Put them together, and you can use magic to trap whoever you'd like in the book. If you have a Superstar, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will become trapped inside a book, causing them to be able to make only 5 posts a day. What they don’t know is that if they try to kill you, you will shut the book and suffocate them. This effect continues until you are killed.

Role Analysis:
As people have said, Spellcasting was a cool new way for scum to block actions, and deserves to be used again. It should probably, however, be used in a game with more abilities where only players are targeted, as it had very little copyable abilities in this game. Storybook Seal was the scum counter to Luigi and Shy Guy, and was fairly fine (though it would have been better with a less than 10 posts a day requirement).
The big note about this role is that we should stop including lynchproof scum in small setups, where town already has a small number of mislynches. It allows the scum to bus for the game in LYLO, and forces townies to consider the second best option in MYLO. The Hidden Aspect was there to allow Kamek to be turbo lynched if shown as scum by a seer, but it was certainly not enough.

Player Analysis:
When you started the game with your Echoing WoT of Doom™, I thought that you were doomed. As the game went on, you kept getting better and better, and the number of people townreading you skyrocketed. The soap opera at the end was also good, though a bit overdone.
Best Play:
You had great communication to bb when he couldn't communicate to you, allowing you to seal the game.
Worst Play:
You ended up on every wagon. That should have rung alarm bells in every townie, though you luckily stayed away from that. In the future, you need to push lynches that you know will be unsuccessful at garnering votes to get you some more towncred when the actual lynch flips town.

9. @Little Cherrim/@Epist- Daisy
cn_VKDd2CQqAkypmlnLUCmBA4036MH_pCgS_CqeixSr4f4mUYYrdouRIizswk8sMuSGWA6SS4EpbiaDVaq1nVmJ_Jb548bqcn7jAgjfOYlrqIFwKi6YtfY45e-rbF4CTJ8vB2RqA

You are Daisy and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. Crown princess of Sarasaland, you epitomize beauty and power. You have appeared in almost any sport with your signature flowers and smile. You wish to regain the Dazzling Star for your best friend and fellow princess, Peach. It’s only fair after all she’s done to you.

Passive Ability: Crown Princess
Peach may be a princess, but you are one step higher, being the crown princess of your domain. You are therefore entitled to all of the tax revenue you want. For this trip, you decided to pack 50 coins, which you will start with. These will be the only coins you can earn this game by your own means.

Active Ability: Heavy Shopper
You love to buy things. Your parents always considered this a bad quality, but why should you care? After all, many items you come across are too cute to pass up. Every night, you will be PM’d 3 items you can buy and their costs. You may buy as many of those items as you want, permitted you have the coins to pay for them.

Superstar Ability: Rodeo Master
In Mario Party e, you had the signature game Daisy’s Rodeo, where players must quickly push buttons to avoid being thrown off by a Bowser Bull. This game, however, is practically impossible for any normal human. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Rodeo: [Player]. That player will attempt the ride the chomp. If they are a human, they will fail. If they are not a human, they will succeed 50% of the time. If they are Bowser, they will succeed no matter what.

Possible Items:
Stationary-10 Coins-Sends a message (up to 75 words) to Luigi.
Flower Orb-35 Coins-Become an inno child
Paper-5 Coins-1 time Announcer
Cellular Shopper-25 Coins-Starts QT with player of choice
Flutter Orb-45 Coins-1 time Role Seer
Koopa Card-15 Coins-50% off one item (rounded up)
Mushroom-10 Coins- Leave town for one night
Bullet Bill Orb-10 Coins- Name seer (sees safeclaims)
Megaphone-10 Coins-Everyone can talk during next night
Telescope-15 Coins-1 time watcher-tracker
Lakitu Orb-15 Coins-Learns an ability in the game (takes scum abilities from safeclaims)
Bubble Orb-5 Coins-Forces two players to act on eachother

Courting:
Combined vote weight of 3
QT with Luigi
Luigi can fund purchases
Role Analysis:
This was the JOAT in this game, who constantly got forced into the strange decision: should Daisy buy what she sees, or wait until a better option comes along? This role was one that I was intrigued to see how it would be used, depending one the possessor's playstyle. It also had a fun side effect that would have made one of the more useless abilities (the letter) more worthwhile.
The Superstar Ability could only catch scum, and only once they claimed. Even then, however, it was probably a bit too powerful.
This role caused the one large host mistake in the game. On Night 3, Epist bought the Megaphone. I can't remember if I decided it should be canceled thanks to Clockwork Castle, or just forgot about it, but my ruling on Quaking's role meant that it should have certainly been there on the last night (not that it would have mattered much, as lorde locked in the scum kill very quickly into the night).

Player Analysis:
I certainly saw some improvement in LC before you were lynched, which was nice to see. Since Epist played most of the game, the rest of this will be addressed to him. Although you were new, you showed a large amount of potential. You caught on to scummy actions, and demonstrated a desire to get better. IMO, you are certainly a newbie with potential. In the future, be sure to look at everyone, rather than a select few. When you have tunnel vision, you can't see the big picture.
Best Play:
Your night actions were consistently well thought out. Role usage is 50% of the game, and your 50% of the game was on pointe.
Worst Play:
You didn't pressure bb for redirecting him to the nightkill victim. Although in reality, you didn't actually do anything, it was certainly something very suspicious that you should have pushed him more for.

10. @bbninjas- Blooper
gNy7RhFqpK48U3Q6bNSE3bS9ou00ol9c7P7u7yDC3n1ueth6qs8gz_fi_PuAljjMpa1LMesUwzm7ZfhOIXZ-xtmmIEmPZ2YYE7Wj4Peq6AfhC-mGa6mVWGuOzHdClkM_NNxp3-C2

You are Blooper, and you are aligned with Bowser’s Minions. You worked your way up to playable character in Mario Party 8 before being sent back down to being just a boss in the next two games. When Bowser wanted you to join his group of rejects, you easily accepted. The first thing in your mind is getting revenge against those who scorned you.

Passive Ability: Many Tentacles
You have many limbs to allow you to grasp your foes and defeat them by brutally strangling them. This can also easily apply to this voting. Because you may reach many players, you may vote for two people at once. If you unvote while having two votes cast, you must specify in-thread who you are unvoting.

Active Ability: Mommy
In Mario Party 3, you became the focus of the stage Deep Blooper Sea, where landing on a ? Space would cause to call your mommy to move them across the stage. Although you’ve matured since then, you still can use your mommy for help. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Mommy: [Player 1] to [Player 2]. You will call on your mommy to redirect all of Player 1’s actions that night to Player 2. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Blooper Barrage.

Active Ability: Blooper Barrage
In Mario Party 9, after you were relegated to becoming just a boss, your boss minigame was called Blooper Barrage, where you threw urchins at players, stunning them. Now, it’s time to stun some more members of the Mushroom Kingdom. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Barrage: [Player]. That player will be hit by an urchin, preventing them from using any abilities (excluding Superstar Abilities) that night. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Mommy.

Superstar Ability: Ink Attack
You have ink that can disguise anything and prevent the vision of anyone (except in Mario Kart, but that doesn’t count here). Better yet, it’s almost impossible to clean up. You can now use this ink for your own goals. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Ink. That night, you will perform the Nightkill. After you have killed the victim, you will spray so much ink on the nightkill victim that they will become unrecognizable, causing their role to not be shown to anyone except for the members of Bowser’s Minions.

Win Condition: Eliminate every player who wishes to regain possession of the Dazzling Star.

Safeclaim:
a089KcCMY2Dounu2EusglioadJzIO2xJK0V-zw9Z7E_t3ELlDO86tZnrQDUR2U-oSG4UihbSK4p7S1480hvtNwjMni68KRnzpjJClSRhG7LdXPTu2CawP7y5ikh_wskVaotbAByV

You are Waluigi, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. A mischievous man, you do whatever you want to. You used to hate the Mario Brothers, but have warmed up to them over the years, currently just being friendly rivals. You would have joined Bowser’s Minions, but Bowser didn’t promise any reward to you if you won. At least the Mushroom Kingdom promised you a fresh cake from Peach.

Passive Ability: Rigged Votes
You have no desire to be constrained by the normal rules of voting, so you messed with the vote counting machine to give you an advantage when it comes to voting. Now, the machine will allow you to vote for two players at once. If you unvote while having two votes cast, you must specify in-thread who you are unvoting.

Active Ability: Mischief Maker
You are a master at causing trouble. In fact, you are such a master that you needed to be fought in Mario Party 3 if the player wanted the Mischief Star Stamp. You’ve decided that it would be fun to cause some chaos, so you will play a trick on some players. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Mischief: [Player 1] to [Player 2]. You will play a trick on Player 1, redirecting all of their actions that night to Player 2. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Waluigi’s Reign.

Active Ability: Waluigi’s Reign
Luigi may have had a year named after him, but you had an entire reign named after you in Mario Party e. In the game Waluigi’s Reign, you tried to drop hammers on top of the unsuspecting Mario. Now, you’ll reuse your hammers for another purpose: disabling your foes. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Hammer: [Player]. That player will be hit by an hammer, preventing them from using any abilities (excluding Superstar Abilities) that night. You may not use this ability on the same night you use Mischief Maker.

Superstar Ability: Rose Gift
In Mario Party 8, you always displayed a rose when you won a minigame, as a symbol of how suave you are. Now, you can use your rose to win over your enemies. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Rose. That night, if any player would attempt to kill you, you will give them a Rose, causing them to not kill you. In fact, they will fall in love with you instead! You will gain and QT with that player and they will become one-sided lovers with you (If you die, they will die with you. If they die, you will still survive.).

Role Analysis:
The role combined everything a normal scumteam tends to have: a redirector, roleblocker, and janitor. The choice between the two, however, made this role into something much more strategic than most scum have, as it forced them to actively scout out the town PRs and decide what to do with them. Many Tentacles was there because on this site, we tend to give it to town, even though it never really helps them. When it is given to the scum, this role becomes much more useful.

Player Analysis:
You certainly played one of your better games as scum. At the beginning, you ran into struggles, being inactive and suspected, but you did great near the end. You did well when you role was removed, and used your role to the best of your advantage when you still had it. Somehow, you always managed to find a scapegoat for potential wagons on you, which was certainly impressive.
Best Play:
Your theory on the lorde+Prof. P scumteam was convincing and well thought out, distracting people from the real scumteam and giving you the game.
Worst Play:
When you were active, you tried to shift the lynch a fair amount, even when it wasn't necessary. IMO, it brought unnecessary attention to you.

11. @GM DracLord- Bowser
A97zMTyB1iRw4WRGSxr15A9IPoiEtrTzD5j_jcJ5LfsoDOnVKcUrbtTIXNJ9Z-wU2DuGWzcNkJ8cl0ytEhx5LEvbdSQPkwJoOH-IGtYuYjdkai8ULD9gJjq310eEOr4ijDrEbweJ

You are Bowser, and you are aligned with Bowser’s Minions. You are known as the enemy of Mario, but you feel that it does not encompass your true self. You have a life, from being a lover of Peach to a fan of Toad Force V. You stole the Dazzling Star because you thought it would be nice in your collection. After all, you are a patron of fine arts.

Passive Ability: Bowser's Minion
You are the founder and leader of Bowser’s Minions, and as such, you have the power to talk to them. You may talk to your fellow Bowser’s Minions in this QT: [Link]

Passive Ability: Kidnapping True Love
When you stole the Dazzling Star, you knew that Peach would come to get it back. When she came to your castle in search of the Dazzling Star, you got to spend some quality (at least in your opinion) time with her. Now that she’s with you, she’s become the perfect disguise. If anyone seers your name, alignment, or role, they will see you as Peach, aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom.

Passive Ability: Walkie-Talkie
When Peach came to your castle, she brought a mushroom-shaped communication device with her, which she uses to communicate with Mario. As much as you hate him, you think that Peach could be used to manipulate him to do your bidding. You can speak with Mario (or the person with Mario as a safeclaim) in this QT: [Link]

Passive Ability: Scammer
You will use any opportunity to get money, since you are in desperate need of funding for your personal projects. The marble busts and elegant topiaries would be fine on their own, but your castle has a lot of upkeep and your private army is not cheap. Luckily, you’ve come up with the best way to solve it, scams. If anyone not aligned with Bowser’s Minions attempts to target you during the Night, you will sell them a fake Superstar, and steal three coins from them in the process.

Active Ability: Bowser Roulette
Throughout the years, you have often appeared on Bowser Spaces, using your roulette to hand out all sorts of punishments. Now, you can use it for evil. Once a night, you must PM the hosts Roulette: [Player]. That player will have a random effect placed on them.

Active Ability: Seer Terror
Strangely enough, you are the host of a game in Mario Party 6 named Seer Terror, where you predict the fortunes of players. Now, it’s your turn to terrorize the seer. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Terrorize: [Player]. If that player attempts to use any seering abilities that night, they will be blocked and the role PM of the player they attempted to seer will be sent to you.

Active Ability: Bowser Revolution
Unlocks: When you are the last member of Bowser’s Minions remaining.

Active Ability: Bowser Party
Unlocks: If a member of Bowser’s Minions was lynched the last day.

Active Ability: Unstoppable Claws
Unlocks: If you were voted by a Mushroom Kingdom member at the end of the last day.

Superstar Ability: Bowser Games
You have hosted many torturous games in the past, from Cage-in Cookin’ to Bowser’s Bogus Bingo. Now, you can use these games to torture your opponents into submission. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Torture: [Player]. That player will be subjected to constant Bowser Games, causing them to be silenced for the rest of the game, along with having a 4% chance of dying immediately. Every subsequent night, they will have the chance of them surviving halved.

Effects of Bowser Roulette:
Player’s role is buffed next night
Player’s role is permanently nerfed
Player’s role is blocked that night
Player has a double vote weight the next day
Player’s role is redirected to a random player that night
Player gains a Superstar
Player is silenced the next day
Player loses all of their coins
Player gets list of 4 living players. At least one of them is aligned with Bowser’s Minions.
Player is protected from all kills the next night

Bowser Revolution unlocks to:
Active Ability: Bowser Revolution
Now that you’re the last member of Bowser’s Minions remaining, you’re so desperate that you might have to make your classic move, the Bowser Revolution. In the Bowser Revolution, you shake up the game by equalizing everyone's coin total, completely throwing off the balance of power. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts Revolution. At the beginning of the day, the thread will announce that a Bowser Revolution has occurred, and everyone’s coin totals will be equalized. You may not use Bowser Roulette on the same night that you use this ability.

Bowser Party unlocks to:
Active Ability: Bowser Party
In Mario Party 10, you gained the ability to host a Bowser Party. In this party, you attempt to kill Mario and his allies before they can get the Superstar. After the death of your comrade, you have decided to host a Bowser Party, to get revenge on Mario’s comrades. During this night, you may PM the hosts Party. The stage the next day will automatically be pro-Bowser’s Minions. Due to the time-intensive nature of the set-up, you may only use this ability once per game.

Unstoppable Claws unlocks to:
Active Ability: Unstoppable Claws
This vote casted upon you has unlocked your full rage. Now, you will consume anything in your path. Once during the game, when a player aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom voted for you at the end of the last day, you may PM the hosts Unstoppable. You will perform the Nightkill, killing the victim no matter what protection they may have. You may not use this ability in LYLO.

Safeclaim:
tNTSoiPp4V6bVnc-sFr2Wa_B7l6pj0E2ghfXxcOMs0AwrZmd_vLO2Hm6BXqz5naxPnnzacGqFKA6YcqT7Fzim7pHxZgaED0__m9PjuxByOS8MTINq2ntZcYy01__kaU3aMjYtb5_

You are Princess Peach, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are the heart and soul of the Mushroom Kingdom, who inspires everyone around you to better things. You are also a master baker, whose cakes are worth hundreds of coins. You believe the Dazzling Star belongs in your personal museum, and you will fight Bowser to the end for it.

Passive Ability: Toad Communication
After Mario has saved you from Bowser multiple times, you and Mario have an unbreakable bond. When you split up to find the Dazzling Star, you were sure to both bring your mushroom-shaped communication devices. Now, you can speak to Mario (or the person with Mario as a safeclaim) in this QT: [Link]

Passive Ability: Royalty Surcharge
You, along with the rest of the royal family, are desperately in need of money. Your castle is expensive, and the upkeep of Toad servants is through the roof. Luckily, since you are a royal, you can charge anyone for admission to the palace. If anyone attempts to target you during the Night, they will be charged two coins, which you will get to keep.

Active Ability: Master Baker
You have spent much of your life baking. From your huge birthday cake in Mario Party 1 to the cakes you give to Mario when he saves you, your have learned many different recipes. Now, it’s time to put your baking experience to good use. Once a night, you must PM the hosts Cake: [Player]. That player will try one of your unique cakes and have a random effect placed on them.

Active Ability: Royal Authority
You are at the top of your government, and as such, have extreme power in investigations. You even have hired a detective, Mr. E, to work for the royal family. Now, you may send him to assist your subjects in their investigations. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Assist: [Player]. If that player attempts to use any seering abilities that night, Mr. E will take control of the investigation and send the role PM of the player they attempted to seer to you. However, because he took control of the investigation, the player that attempted to use the seering ability will be blocked.

Active Ability: Loved
You have everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom wrapped around your finger, including Bowser. In this circumstance, you can make use of that to your advantage by manipulating him into your doing your will. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Manipulate: [Player 1] to [Player 2], where Player 1 and Player 2 are different players. If Player 1 is Bowser, you will convince him to make his minions kill Player 2, regardless of who they were intending to kill.

Superstar Ability: Execution
When you need to dispose of your enemies, you throw them into your family prison and use the Toad Guard to execute them. Now, you can use that prison to defeat Bowser’s Minions. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Execute: [Player]. If that player is aligned with Bowser’s Minions, they will be silenced for one day, and then be executed the next night by the Toad Guard. If that player is aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom, they will be silenced for the rest of the game, along with having a 50% chance of being executed the next night. Every subsequent night, they will have the chance of them not being executed halved.

Role Analysis:
Bowser was a very powerful role, that was therefore countered by an extreme amount of hate from all of the other players. It was a godfather and had the opportunity for an extra kill, but was specifically countered by both Mario and Koopa. My intention to help this role sneak by Mario was the ability Loved in the safeclaim. In theory, Bowser would claim and using Mario's list, "work together" to eliminate who could be Bowser. Then, Bowser could coax Mario into using the vig on the last player other than him and kill Mario in the night, allowing him to be golden. Unfortunately, this was way too complicated of a play to expect from anyone, and it was obviously never pulled off.
IMO, Seer Terror was the best ability I invented for this game. When reading on the Mario Wiki, I found that Bowser had hosted a game called Seer Terror and immediately knew it needed to be included in this game. How better to terrorize a seer than to use their powers to help the scum, right? This ability provides an immense check to seers, and completely prevents any form of FtC. All together, it is an ability that I strongly suggest using if you ever decide include a seer in your game.

Player Analysis:
Like normal D1 Drac, you weren't in the main thread very much, but you always advanced your wincon when you were there. You were nice and active in the QTs, and gathered good info for your scumbuddies. While you had to die early, you played just fine when you were there.
Best Play:
Helping flip the lynch to simsands, saving your team for another day.
Worst Play:
In one post, it was clear your were trying to shut down scattered's questioning. There's not much besides that.

12. @TheSceptileMaster /@quakingpunch73- Mario
jLRIg8HLui_57x8W5CCN0gr9yN9DbzPrJklC8P9Lr2i-c1AukIcVEkXIEae-5RfXvPvwt1d9JN5AZbgpQFrgkXxvN139_oBISRuZ0lSoardctUormduZTiBW0jQdQzuktRlcoYA7

You are Mario,and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. Throughout the Kingdom, you are known and revered for your ability to save Peach, or pretty much anyone, from Bowser. That is, when you aren't kart racing, golfing, playing tennis, or hosting parties.

Passive Ability: Toad Communication
After you’ve saved Peach from Bowser multiple times, you and Princess Peach have an unbreakable bond. When you split up to find the Dazzling Star, you were sure to both bring your mushroom-shaped communication devices. Now, you can speak to Peach (or the person with Peach as a safeclaim) in this QT: [Link]

Passive Ability: Arch Enemy
You and Bowser constantly get in fights. Although you win every one of those fights, you are still wary of him. Now, you’ve used surveillance to track Bowser’s location, and have narrowed his identity down to nine suspects. At the beginning of Day 1, you will be PM’d a list of seven players. One of them will be Bowser.

Active Ability: Fireball Orb
In Mario Party 7, you and Luigi had the signature item of the Fireball Orb, which allows you to shoot Fireballs. And those Fireballs always get the job done; they're great for killing whoever you choose. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts Fireball: [Player]. That player will be killed, and this ability will become locked. If you kill Bowser with this ability, you will gain an extra use of this ability, and will be unable to be Nightkilled during the next two nights.

Superstar Ability: Golden Mushroom
One of your favorite items is the golden mushroom, which allows you to zip around at record speeds. This obviously can cause a distraction to anyone. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Mushroom. Every ability (besides the Nightkill) will be redirected to you, but you will zoom by your fellow players so quickly that you will be immune to all harmful abilities that night.

Role Analysis:
Everyone was right that a vig, let alone one that could shoot multiple times in a game, was completely unbalanced for a 14 player setup. The suspect list, helping Mario get multiple uses of the ability, was just the icing on the Piranha Plant covered cake. The Golden Mushroom probably hurt the town more than help it, as it couldn't even Lightning Rod the Nightkill. Overall, we don't need to ever use this role again in so small of a setup.

Player Analysis:
TSM's play was very boring besides killing Drac, so I'll ignore him. Quaking, I think you've realized what you did well and badly already, but I'll still reiterate it. You built good cases and asked good questions, but you never took the time to suspect everyone (instead ending up in tunnel vision). In the end, that led to your downfall.
Best Play:
You always asked me detailed questions in our PM, to suss out the scum. You were clearly always thinking about catching them in slips, which was great.
Worst Play:
Not fully claiming. It allowed lorde to get away with it without suspicion, which hurt the town a lot.

13. @mordacazir- King Boo
i_Hm76SSDp9sVjiChMsJA9U3xnB_PukA19K4xv4qbQ_J4FMK8PPkhzJv7VUA6t3AiS-4HSnfVJRZkWF6EDJ_WnTT0W2KBpFVYQWxUmr3DWWJxC16RetV2tYQrv105eLtWeF15K7-

You are King Boo, and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. You are a master at thievery and deception, and have many times tricked Mario and his friends down a fake path. Your whole business is based around stealing, so it disturbed you to find out that Bowser successfully took the Dazzling Star for himself. Now, you want it back, if only to prove your superiority.

Active Ability: Haunting
Unlocks: When you die.

Active Ability: Steal Coins
Your signature move is stealing coins from players. In Mario Party 1, you could do it for free, but gained the ability to get many more coins in later games, albeit for a price. Unfortunately, in this game you will be nerfed to your Mario Party 1 standards. Once a night, you may PM the hosts CoinSteal: [Player]. You will steal a number from 2 to 9 of their coins. If that player has less than 10 coins, you will steal between 20% and 90% of their coins (rounded down). You may not use Steal a Star on the same night that you use this ability.

Active Ability: Steal a Star
The more damaging of your skills is stealing a star, which can throw of the balance of an entire party. Although you normally charge people for this exhausting service, you don’t have to pay yourself. Once per game during the night, you may PM the hosts StarSteal: [Player]. If that player has a Superstar, you will steal it from them. You may not use Steal Coins on the same night that you use this ability.
No Action Bonus: 0 Coins

Superstar Ability: Haunted Hideaway
In Mario Party 8, you were the host of Boo’s Haunted Hideaway, where you surprise guests with your makeover mojo and pitfalls. Now, you will surprise Bowser’s Minions. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Makeover. That Night, everyone will be lost, causing every lethal ability (including the Nightkill) to randomly redirect to someone else (besides the user of the lethal ability). In addition, you will carefully watch over the players, protecting you from any kills that night.

Haunting unlocks to:
Active Ability: Haunting
You may be dead, but you were a ghost in the first place; what truly prevents you from messing with the players and giving them scary visions? Once a night, you may PM the hosts Haunt: [Player]. That player will be haunted, causing them to be at L-1 the next day. You may not use this ability in LYLO.
Role Analysis:
This role was a way of hoarding coins, to unleash chaos on the scum's Nightkill and possibly on Mario's vig shots or Bowser's prison too. It was also the only post death ability in the game, which made it sad that morda could never die. It's not very exciting, and doesn't have any particular argument to be used or to not be used again.

Player Analysis:
Morda, you played well while you were in the game. You made long and thought out posts, and really tried to find those scum. The post restriction and role removal hurt you, but you bounced back just fine and were admirable at the end. The only role mistake you made was trying to steal a Superstar N1, when there were none in play. Other than that, you chose well.
Best Play:
You were the one player (other than Prof. P himself) that never voted for Prof. P in MYLO.
Worst Play:
You never pressured the people you thought were scum. That's how you truly get them to crack and/or be lynched. If you don't pressure a player, they'll never crack.

14. @Cypher333/@Haunted Water- Birdo
-foqQI1wUKgHyRJM7ChHJfqpP8RVk3pmsJZPBOqEHuQPbr24Q1xCbuU2DRhTHtQCoLFMklXcF_toFr5CQZHJAbBTxMen-Mj4GxA92neJekqWrju0goKUHlY98RbXUzJ97nqUnZQW

You are Birdo and you are aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom. A good friend of Yoshi, you were added to the cast in Mario Party 7. Although flirtatious and charismatic on the outside, you are conflicted on the inside. Depending on your region, you are either male or female, dominating much of the discussion about you. Here in America, however, you are 100% female, so we’re going with that for the purposes of this game.

Active Ability: Kiss
You are such a good flirter that you can get the truth out of anyone just by giving them a single kiss on the cheek. Unfortunately, you don’t really know what to do with that information. Yoshi, however, told you that you should ask for their alignment, so you’ll listen to him. Once a night, you may PM the hosts Kiss: [Player]. You will receive that player’s alignment. Every night you use this ability, however, you’ll begin to get confused. The first night you use this ability (and any times you are sane thereafter), you will have a 50% chance of becoming insane. If you use this ability while insane, you will have a 50% chance of becoming paranoid. If you use this ability while paranoid, you will have a 50% chance of becoming sane.
No Action Bonus: 6 Coins

Superstar Ability: Collected Thoughts
Being as hyper as you are, you need extreme powers to calm down. In fact, a superstar is the only chance of you calming down and reflecting back on yourself. You must use a moment of calm, however, to help you through this moment. If you have a Superstar during the night, you may PM the hosts Reflect: [Night], where [Night] was a night when you used Kiss. You will think back on that night and learn what state you were in when you judged that player’s alignment.

Role Analysis:
This was the one and only full on seer, and it sure was psychotic. Although it could never get enoguh coins to be sure of the accuracy of all of its results, Birdo could still get a fair amount of accurate results by Collecting Thoughts on N2. Here's why:
If Birdo gets sane on N2, the last two results were sane.
If Birdo gets insane on N2, you know that result was insane (you can't be sure on N1). In addition, if someone is shown to be town on your next seer, you know they are scum.
If Birdo gets paranoid on N2, N1's result must be insane. In addition, if someone is shown to be town on your next seer, you know they are town.
Perhaps this is too powerful for a 14 player game (receiving the alignments of 1/7) of the players, but with Seer Terror to counter it, it wasn't too broken. I certainly recommend using not always correct seers in the future.
Fun Fact: The last two sentences of the role PM were there because there was going to be a gender seer in the setup. With the lack of roles, however, it got scrapped, but the flavor still remained there.

Player Analysis:
Cypher never posted so I'll ignore him. HW, you clearly got caught a bit by a "generation gap," but still managed to preform admirably. You may have been confused by the new standards, but your old fashioned methods truly worked to get pressure. You never managed to be confident enough in your reads, but otherwise, you did very well.
Best Play:
You were always there with your opinion, helping yourself get better reads and find those scum. It also helped activity, which was very good.
Worst Play:
Claiming seer. Claiming seer is just asking to be useless role-wise for the rest of the game. Roleblock was a good choice for a fake claim, but IMO, hider is an even better one (and probably would have allowed the town to block the kill). No matter what, claiming seer was certainly the worst option out there.

Last edited:

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
The only role mistake you made was trying to steal a Superstar N1, when there were none in play. Other than that, you chose well.
BB was my top scum read N1 because of the lynch changing to Simsands for no reason, so I was like Why not? Maybe he starts with a Superstar because of an ability, or there is an ability that gives Stars away. I already regretted that decision day 2 because of these 3 points:
1. Only 1 day has passed, so a scumread on someone isn't always good.
2. No one probably has enough coins.
3. The reasons why I thought why not are pure role speculation.
You never pressured the people you thought were scum. That's how you truly get them to crack and/or be lynched. If you don't pressure a player, they'll never crack.
On Day 4 and 5, I wanted to pressure BB, but was scared because of my post restriction, because BB would probably start pressuring me and I couldn't answer all of the posts he would make because of the restriction. And I didn't know how to pressure him or anyone.

NinjaPenguin

And I didn't know how to pressure him or anyone.
It's hard to explain, but I'll give it my best try. To effectively pressure someone, you need to constantly ask them questions about why they did what they did/their opinions, and not calm down until you have enough material to make a decision about their alignment. If they seem scummy, make a case on them. Once you make a case, you must try to debunk all of their responses, and dig them into an even deeper hole. If they respond perfectly, you should give up and move the pressure to someone else.
If BB had pressured you back for no good reason, you could easily call OMGUS on him.
I want to make a more complete post, but I think an important lesson can be learned from the balance in this game. If you ever have to cut roles because your game doesn't reach the signups wanted, it's important to cut roles based on balance, and not the most interesting ones.
That's not why the actual roles were chosen. Those 14 roles were the ones fully complete (balanced and with flavor and everything), while the other ones were just mostly finished ideas for the roles without any flavor. To get the game out as quickly as possible, we changed the roles around a fair amount (some changes included Luigi and Daisy being possible masons, nerfing Daisy's Superstar ability, and changing Koopa from all scum kills to Bowser), and finished them. In fact, Toad and Koopa Kid would probably have been more interesting than many of the roles in this game.
Though it would suck to cut an indie, having two of them wasn't good for scum, especially because both could win with the town easier than with the scum. Editing roles is also important, such as making one of the indies more scum-aligned.
Jesi was pro-scum no matter what. She provided a mislynch or wanted to survive to the end with them.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This has to be most role revolving game of mafia I have ever seen. This is insane, and the fact that there were 4 more roles just like this blows my mind. Absolutely amazing @NinjaPenguin and @Blakers for making a game as complex as this one simpler for all of us.

When you started the game with your Echoing WoT of Doom™, I thought that you were doomed. As the game went on, you kept getting better and better, and the number of people townreading you skyrocketed. The soap opera at the end was also good, though a bit overdone.
I was blown away by the sheer amount of town reads on me. For example, I noticed mord had me as his primary town read for most of the game.
You had great communication to bb when he couldn't communicate to you, allowing you to seal the game.
The thing about our communication was I figured he'd know what to do. During the soap opera we both knew the goal was to paint me as scummy as possible which would get Prof lynched because he was scummy by association.
You ended up on every wagon. That should have rung alarm bells in every townie, though you luckily stayed away from that. In the future, you need to push lynches that you know will be unsuccessful at garnering votes to get you some more towncred when the actual lynch flips town.
I figured that would be my worst play. I'd been called out for it, and that's an obvious scumtell. I had tried to make valid reasoning for most of them, and it worked with some people but not most. Definitely something I'll avoid in the future as any alignment.

As for the luck part, the whole reason we won was a lot of luck. Luck targeting Haunted N3, luck killing Haunted not Quaking, luck Quaking didn't slip his SS ability (so that I couldn't as well) etc. Our odds had been super slim since Drac died and somehow we pulled it off. Why? Lots of little luck in certain places that added up to a lot of luck and the win.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Not fully claiming. It allowed lorde to get away with it without suspicion, which hurt the town a lot.
I feel the need to say that I didn't have to fully claim because I was basically a cleared town, and I wanted to get the scum to kill me during the last night because I'd be immune. Claiming would have told them that there was a chance to save myself and town, which would have always lead to a loss, as I'd never be killed.

Nyora

A Cat
The last 4 posts, not including this one, make it seem like we are still playing. How do we not know if Blakers is scum? :0

NinjaPenguin

Postgame Part 2- Mechanics, Hosting, Balancing, and Tips for the Future

Mechanics:
The two mechanics, Superstar Abilities and Stages, clearly had mixed results. Superstar Abilities, I believe, were by far the more successful of the two, providing more potential role interactions and helping us incorporate some important roles (janitor, town redirector, extra scum kills, help for the indies, etc.), while not making them overused. Importantly, Superstar Abilities were unblockable, causing some important functions to never be stopped. Unfortunately, the coin flow simply wasn't enough. Goomba may have helped if it was around, but otherwise, Superstar Abilities were very hard to pay for (only three were used the whole game, and no player made it to 20 coins earned throughout the game). The No Action Bonus, which I hoped would change actions, was almost never used, since actions were consistently too valuable to be squandered for the measly coin bonuses that were given. In the future, No Action Bonuses would need to be at least double what they were in this game. Finally, coins earned in the day were way too low in quantity/hard to achieve to make a difference. The Correctness Award should have been 50% higher, and every other award besides the Competence Award should have been easier to achieve and at least 2 coins when achieved.
Stages, however, had many more problems. First, they added a lot of unnecessary swing to the game, mostly based completely on RNG. This is obviously bad from a hosts' perspective, but what makes it even worse was the fact that only two roles (less than 15%) could interact with them in any way (this is why they weren't in the OP). Stages were important for the role of Dry Bones, but almost useless otherwise, which made it a terrible idea. Clockwork Castle, however, was not as bad as it seemed. Consider that there was a less than 8% chance for it to be chosen once in five days, let alone twice! Still, it was something we should have considered more, and I apologize for that.
Overall, the mechanics were interesting ideas, but not designed well enough to return without some major changes.

Hosting:
I think we need to give hosts more credit in the future, because being a good host is really hard. Not only do you have to create and attempt to balance high amounts of roles, you have to be there as much as you can, to try to catch potential hammers, update the thread, and answer questions players have for you. This requires you to not interfere too much, but still tell people what they want to know about. The two hardest parts, however, must be votecounts and vagueness. Votecounts are constantly hard because you need to carefully scan the thread and then release an accurate report at the same time every day. It is an extreme challenge to try to be online at 8:00 AM EST (or any time, for that matter) every day to post that votecount. It's also always a challenge when you never planned for something in your preparation. For example, the Correctness Award said that "Final wagon is scum" awarded four coins. When Jesi was lynched, I had to wonder what an indie counted as, based on what I had written (because "Final wagon is town" was the other option, I decided that indies counted as scum). These tiny decisions (even if there is a very obvious choice) really pressure the host, and you don't know how to solve them without causing bias. This was by far the worst part of hosting for me. Future hosts, be sure you really have the time to host, because it's much more time consuming than most think.

Balancing:
First, I want to note that when balancing this game, I wanted it to lean slightly pro-town, as town wins a lot less than scum on here. Contrary to popular belief, I think that the balancing was actually very close to being great. If Bowser was not in the death trap QT with Mario (and Mario's list was lowered to 4 players to accommodate for this), I think the scumteam would have almost had an advantage role wise, as they could add extra kills and use seers to their own advantage with Seer Terror (every day Bowser stayed alive, the scum would be boosted a ton). As it ended up, however, the trap Bowser was put in gave the scum a great chance of being down a player early on, which was very bad for them.

Tips for the Future:
Finally, I want to give a couple of tips that I believe could help us get much better as townies. Here they are:

Look Back at the Past:
This seems relatively self-explanatory, but it's a lot harder to do than it looks. When we look at the past, we can see interactions with players whose roles we know for sure. Seeing how people interact with confo-scum and confo-townies and how those townies and scum interact with people can give us great leads. For example, if a player pushed a lot of townie lynches Day 1, there is a good chance that they are a scum. To the contrary, if a scum role fished somebody, that player is most likely a townie. Along the same line, you can often find bread crumbs you never would have expected that can give you extra information on actions. This is why ISOs are so helpful: they let us look at a player's interactions now that we know more than before.

Breadcrumbing:
If you have an investigative role, try to breadcrumb your info in a way that it can be discovered once you die, but not before. This gives the town more info if you are nightkilled. Another note along this is that town announcers should always write a note as if it is a last message for the town, so they can hear your thoughts.

Discount Defense:
Let's be honest; a player like bb or Camo can talk their way out of anything short of a seer result. Don't let them. If you have a very good case on someone, focus on everything they can't properly respond to and refute what you can. If you suspect someone and their defense seems bad but you don't have the skill to prove it, don't be afraid of getting suspected for it. If you are feeling threatened for suspecting someone, that's a huge red flag that they're scum. That being said, don't lynch someone for no reason or have so much tunnel vision you don't even listen to defense; just take defense with a large grain of salt.
In addition, never trust anyone who uses the defense "Why would I ever do that as scum? It's way too obvious." That's complete WIFOM (generally preformed by scum), and is the worst kind of defense. Same goes for analyzing your own meta. If you can't defend yourself from a point, just admit it.
When it comes to defending someone else, be sure to never to defend a player before they defend themselves. Someone's defense can often let you see a lot more into someone's alignment than their attack, as scum won't actually know a good defense for their own actions, which leaves them vulnerable to being caught. If someone steps up to defend someone else prematurely, look for them as scumbuddies. If a player has already defended themselves, it's fine to defend them.

Contribute Early and Often:

If you are viewing the thread and you are not the most recent poster, you should always post. I don't care if you have nothing to respond to; start a new conversation on a suspect. Don't be afraid to lead a lynch of your own if you think it's the best one. ISOing someone to draw a conclusion (town or scum) can also start conversation. When you start multiple cases early in the day, you have plenty of time for debating the value of them and have time for claiming. Last minute lynches like the simands lynch often end in the worst result (the top vote earners besides sim, lorde, bb, and Celever, were all scum). Also, the more interactions every player has with every wagon and other player, the easier it is to find scum. Finally, if you disagree with a case, propose someone else to be lynched. Just saying "no" shuts down conversation, which can only help scum.

Speak to the Hosts:
Asking hosts potential questions about roles, whether yours or others', can help you learn a lot of information. For example, it's always good to learn what potential trick plays you could make with a role. A good question for asking about other people is quoting their role and asking, "Would this hypothetical role cause [effect]?" As a host, you can't answer questions that you would easily answer if they were asked towards you. As a player, you need to ask those questions to the hosts to get the hosts to confirm/deny as much as possible, giving yourself as much of an information advantage as possible. Depending on if the info being shown in thread would help or hurt scum, decide whether to ask the hosts via PM or in thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.