• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Toxapex-GX with Shining Mew and Seviper

Draskk

Blast From The Past
So, I pulled a Rainbow Toxapex the other day, and since then I've been trying to think of a way it could possibly work. So far this is what I've come up with, the idea is to accelerate to Toxapex with Ancient Mew and to increase Poison damage further with Seviper. Here's a list:

Pokemon (16):

3x Toxapex-GX
3x Mareanie
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
3x Seviper
3x Ancient Mew
1x Alolan Dugtrio (You DO NOT want things retreating out of the Poison lock.)
1x Alolan Diglett

Trainers (32):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
1x Brigette
1x Hex Maniac (Helps against the odd Comfey or Magearna-EX)
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
1x Super Rod
3x Wish Baton
2x Float Stone
4x Team Aqua's Secret Base

Energy (12):

12x Basic Psychic Energy

Shining Mew, for those who haven't seen it:

Basic Shining Mew HP30[P]

[P] Legendary Guidance
Search your deck for two Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

[P] Beam 10

Weakness: [P]x2 Resistance: Retreat: 0? (Translation says one, but I don't see a [C] looking at where retreat cost is on the card.)

Also, here's Seviper:

Basic Seviper HP100[P]

Ability Poison Up
As long as this Pokemon is in play, put an additional damage counter on your opponent's Poisoned Pokemon in between turns.

[P][C][C] Poison Fang 30
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: [P]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]

Let me know what you guys think of the idea :)

I like the idea! But Mew only has 30 HP :( Thats not very good, thats the only downside.

Love Wish Baton in this! :D

Just for clarification, which Mareanie is it?

Also do we know if Shining Mew is coming to English yet?

I like the idea! But Mew only has 30 HP :( Thats not very good, thats the only downside.

Love Wish Baton in this! :D

Just for clarification, which Mareanie is it?

Also do we know if Shining Mew is coming to English yet?
I'm honestly not sure if Shining Mew is coming to English, but I'm sure it will because it looks like it may have a significant impact in Japan. And as to the Mareanie, I think I'd run the SM one so you could attack with Poison Sting if you had no choice. Although, Bail Out could potentially be very useful late game. Maybe a 2/1 split of Mareanie? Thanks :)

If you don't want people retreating, I would replace the Dugtrio line (which won't do much good and is relatively clunky) with another Mareanie and a baby Toxapex from SUM. Sure, it only provides regular Poison plus the Sevipers, but its still a more efficient discouragement from Retreating.

That's all I really have to say: nice deck! I especially like Wish Baton: the energy requirements of Toxapex make it seem tailor-made!

If you don't want people retreating, I would replace the Dugtrio line (which won't do much good and is relatively clunky) with another Mareanie and a baby Toxapex from SUM. Sure, it only provides regular Poison plus the Sevipers, but its still a more efficient discouragement from Retreating.

That's all I really have to say: nice deck! I especially like Wish Baton: the energy requirements of Toxapex make it seem tailor-made!
Thanks! I originally thought of baby Toxapex, maybe that could work, but I'm not too sure. Even with every Seviper benched, they would only be taking 40 per turn. The Dugtrio probably does clunk things up a bit though. I'll test both. Also, yeah, it is kind of funny how many things Wish Baton made a little bit more viable! Can't wait to see if the card is as good as I think it is :)

In Expanded play Dragalge from Flashfire . Your opponent can't retreat if posioned. Would work very well over Dugtrio, baby toxapex, and Team Aquas.

In Expanded play Dragalge from Flashfire . Your opponent can't retreat if posioned. Would work very well over Dugtrio, baby toxapex, and Team Aquas.
Definitely. This would be much better in expanded with Virbank and Dragalge. But in Standard, I think Dugtrio is ok. I've been contemplating just running Aqua'a Base but I dont think it does enough. Thanks :)

Back