News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
That raticate will do 90 dmg without any energy attachment with a choice band, don't know if thats good or not?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Omg I LOVE Alolan Muk-GX! Throw in some Raichus and Salazzles and it oneshots easy! DEFINITELY can't wait to try it out :D

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Quite imppressive!!
Marshadow deck Here I come
it is ike a mew EX only you can attach strong energies!

Malavok

Aspiring Trainer
Love the art in this set. I was annoyed that they had yet another Gardevoir card, but at least it's really nice artwork.

Charizard looks pretty cool (similar to Ho-oh, not amazing but good). Noivern and Muk look fantastic; can't wait to see the rainbow rare Noivern. Golisopod is great. Marshadow is nice.

I'm a little bothered by the number of secret rares again (too many FA supporters and items, even more than GR if you count the ones they'll likely include from SM2+). Seems like they were trying to shove in all the SR energies that were remaining.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow looks like a mega bomberman in the 2nd art. Isn't it supposed to be darkness type?

Why do folks still call one GX full art? They're both full art, one is just a more secret rare version.

Kingdra is the dark horse in this set from what I can see after update 2 of the page.

Androsidy

Aspiring Trainer
The stadium card that adds 3 damage counters every evolution is a pain. I really wanted to see an encouragement of stage 2 evolutions not something that makes them less viable.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
The stadium card that adds 3 damage counters every evolution is a pain. I really wanted to see an encouragement of stage 2 evolutions not something that makes them less viable.
Don't worry it won't be played much due to the fact that it's passive and you can field blower or replace it b4 evolving

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Marshadow looks like a mega bomberman in the 2nd art. Isn't it supposed to be darkness type?

Why do folks still call one GX full art? They're both full art, one is just a more secret rare version.

Kingdra is the dark horse in this set from what I can see after update 2 of the page.
Marshadow is Fighting/Ghost. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a Darkness type.

As for why people call one full art and not the other, it's to differentiate between them. Rainbow, Full Art, Regular Art. It's easier that way, plain and simple.

Also, Marshadow looks wiiiiiiiicked. Strongly considering whipping up a Night March list for this bad boy. Night Marshadow. B)

SkylonBellows

This deck was always good
I like seeing alolan Muk getting love. That GX attack does wonders when you need it, since it can power up the first attack and before you know it, after poison and burn, the Pokémon has taken 130 with a buff from choice band. Next turn you can hit again for 100 with choice band (they won't be moving next turn) without taking any damage. I look forward to playing it.

Marshadow: night march just got better

Vileplume might as well be a clunkier carbink after rotation (not a big fan of vileplume anyway)

Mount Lanakila is aqua's secret base, and I can't see much playability coming out of it.

Po town means I don't have to spend 45 dollars for 3 magma base

Other notes on Pokémon: status is a big piece in this set. Also, porygon z and mudsdale are missing from the crew, while mudbray and the other polygons are there. Could this mean Porygon-Z GX and Mudsdale GX? That's something I like the sound of.

Note on blinged up cards: I expected fire, but fairy's a shocker. Scoop up looks nice, and gardevoir just looks majestic. Noivern looks battle ready, golisopod is either using first impression or liquidation (I like the animations for those moves in game) muk looks ready to swamp you, and charizard looks like an ordinary charizard full art (ugh). Plumeria does look serious, which is fitting.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Now they are taking free attacks to a whole new level. I was wondering when it could happen.
Free GX Attack is Awesome and that Raticate with Eeveelutions + Choice/Muscle Band. Also with 120, a Max Potion could be a useful possibility!

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Salazzle also exists, 180 with a Choice Band isn't bad.

Once you put on the Choice Band it's 210 because you have to account for the poison and burn damage, so I think it's more than just "not bad". It's downright lethal. Is there anything in the meta that can confuse from the hand or bench? Add that in and you're slapping Metagross too.