News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

TheRealBro..

Nice, look at that boosterbox with the Ho-oh and the weird twilight. I know it's only the box/booster art but this looks majestic!

that_one_venasaur

Aspiring Trainer
Can we expect this set to be similar to Phantom Forces in that it is a decent set, but nowhere near as valuable as the previous set? It was that way with Flashfire to Phantom Forces so my thought is that there will be a similar pattern with Guardians Rising to Burning Shadows. Thoughts?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Can we expect this set to be similar to Phantom Forces in that it is a decent set, but nowhere near as valuable as the previous set? It was that way with Flashfire to Phantom Forces so my thought is that there will be a similar pattern with Guardians Rising to Burning Shadows. Thoughts?
cough NIGHT MARCH cough VS SEEKER cough BATTLE COMPRESSOR cough

I do agree with you that Guardians is better than Burning Shadows though.

that_one_venasaur

Aspiring Trainer
cough NIGHT MARCH cough VS SEEKER cough BATTLE COMPRESSOR cough

I do agree with you that Guardians is better than Burning Shadows though.

My apologies. I was speaking from the standpoint of a collector. There were great playable cards in Phantom Forces but I was referring to the monetary value of the cards.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
It was Furious fists to Phantom Forces

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
OMG need these decks! Alolan Ninetales and Lycanroc, beautiful combination <3 But Lycanroc will be weak to Alolan Ninetales, is it even fair to play to each other with them?
lycanroc is weak to rock normally in the tcg. water is strong to ground grass is to rock

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
OMG need these decks! Alolan Ninetales and Lycanroc, beautiful combination <3 But Lycanroc will be weak to Alolan Ninetales, is it even fair to play to each other with them?
Nope, majority of Rock/Ground "Fighting" types are weak to Grass again instead of Water since the XY era.
I think this is the Ninetales with the updated "Safeguard" ability, making it immune to attacks from Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX. Definitely picking this theme deck! Hope the new Lycanroc will have a useful ability and/or attack as well since the version from that Trainer half-deck (with Alolan Raichu) was just sad.

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
Lycanroc Midday is one of my favorite new Pokemon apart from Necrozma and a few others! I can't wait for this to come out! And just my luck Necrozma is on the Elite Trainer Box!

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I predict the the circular borders for the Silvally set (the one after Burning Shadows) will be Red/Orange and White, to go with Yellow and Blue (Base), Purple and Green (Guardians) and Orange/Red and Black (Burning Shadows)

Also, New Alolan Ninetales?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Can you tell me where the picture of these cards is? I cant find them lol

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
I see a pattern so far.
SM1 - Solgaleo and Lunala GX
SM2 Theme decks - Solgaleo and Lunala

SM2 - Lycanroc and Alolan Ninetales GX
SM3 Theme decks - Lycanroc and Alolan Ninetales GX

Do you think this pattern will continue?

Malavok

Aspiring Trainer

Hard to beat GR with cards like DCE, Lele, Field Blower, etc.

No doubt this set probably won't be as valuable, but it still looks great. I'm sure Charizard and Darkrai will go for a decent price (just because people love them), and there are a lot of really nice cards overall. Not sure what the FA supporters will be going for (there are many good ones like Acerola and Guzma; better supporters than GR).

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I was concerned that we weren't going to get that safeguard Ninetales promo that japan got, since it wasn't in Guardians Rising. We only got the Ninetales GX card. and then what happens....

ITS RELEASED AS A THEME DECK HOLO!!!
Guess what theme deck i'll be buying day 1 for my Alolan Ninetales/ Tapu Koko (promo) deck.

Zeno

The Wanderer
The pack arts are really nice looking. Interesting blister promos, but it's a shame that they aren't the most playable ones, except for Cosmog and Jangmo-o in something that runs Solgaleo/Lunala or Kommo-o respectively. Also really loving how the Elite Trainer Box looks, it's a pretty nice color.