News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

sid18

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately with Marshadow being weak to psychic it's not likely to see much play with Garbodor around, 4 items in discard or 3 with choice band lets Garbodor ohko it.

Alolan Muk is pretty good, dark + DCE drop a salazzle and you're hitting 150 for 2 special conditions, 180 after the burn+poison damage without need for choice band.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if we can use Muk GX with SM Muk, the latter for an essential Silent Lab. Burning Shadows Grimer can search out copies of itself to help with this.

Marshadow is a fun card. An interesting application for its ability is if you failed to use Tauros GX's Mad Bull earlier, Marshadow can copy it for an instant KO when it's heavily damaged.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Muk GX could be used with Ariados AOR & Hypno BKP, but that's still kinda impractical & clunky. It's cool to have a free GX attack, but it has limited usefulness until Lysandre rotates out, and even then, it's still a little meh. Love the flying trash in the artwork, though. XD

GRI Salazzle would like to have a word with you. Allows Muk to hit for 220 without choice band for only 2 energy attachments. OHKOs Metagross w/ choice band.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
GRI Salazzle would like to have a word with you. Allows Muk to hit for 220 without choice band for only 2 energy attachments. OHKOs Metagross w/ choice band.
But then you need to scoop-up or devolve it, which is more clunky than having 2 Pokemon you can use every turn, though that is admittedly better in the damage department, since it can hit 180 (not 220 - that'd be WITH a choice band).

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
But then you need to scoop-up or devolve it, which is more clunky than having 2 Pokemon you can use every turn, though that is admittedly better in the damage department, since it can hit 180 (not 220 - that'd be WITH a choice band).

Err, right, my bad. For some reason I was thinking Salazzle paralyzed as well. So 150 or 180 w/ choice band. Still not bad.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
That Crabominable could make a great rogue deck - the side effect of its first attack could easily be fixed with a Max Potion, and with all the fighting support, that 80 damage could easily be stacked up even more!

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Man, that Marshadow GX looks awesome and seems amazing for battle. I also want that Alolan Muk GX, Kingdra, and Palossand for my collection!

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Elektross looks really fun, too. (sorry, i'm kinda keeping a close look at this right now!)
I know 80 damage is a LOT to be tossing onto a benched pokemon, but cards like Tauros GX and Ninetales GX really like having some damage on them. If you can't get your opponent to do chip damage, then just do the damage yourself ;)

edit:
WOW that Raticate can do 90 damage FOR FREE by having a Choice Band on it! That's a pretty efficient card!

Last edited:

TotoBoss

Kappa
I expectected marshadow to be a gx, but I expected it to be a "psychic" type in the tcg rather than a fighting type so I'm a bit surprised by that. Other than that it could be a fun gimmick with battle compressor / rainbow energy in expanded if anybody can think of a nice combination (atm I really can't).

Other than that, I like Muk GX, I love how his GX-attack is free which I didn't expect since Alolan ninetales' GX-attack wasn't free either. Anyhow I like the attack, it's a nice set up for a ko the next turn with it's first attack or it can stall a turn on your opponent's side. Another cool trick you can pull of with Muk is Salazzle for burn + poison which makes the first attack do 150 + choice band means 180 damage which is pretty decent for a dark energy + dce imo.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
OMG a knit Tynamo, I WANT IT. And the previously leaked Eelektrik, just for its art (I don't care how weak that attack is). Eelektross looks cool, too.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Err, right, my bad. For some reason I was thinking Salazzle paralyzed as well. So 150 or 180 w/ choice band. Still not bad.
Well, it'd be 180 with the 30 from poison & burn, or 210 with Choice Band. Which is why I said it was admitedly better in the damage department - that 20 from burn makes a difference!

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
I'm really intressted in Muk GX, love the art and its ability to punish status is great.
Combined with Salazzel or/and Raichu you got a hard hitting guy.

Kingdra might be a nice niche combo with Dusknoir, since it means 120 damage to any basic, which is a lot, heck 90 damage is already hard hitting, when you can spread somehow! ;)

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
I expectected marshadow to be a gx, but I expected it to be a "psychic" type in the tcg rather than a fighting type so I'm a bit surprised by that.

The second Rhyhorn was revealed killed any and all chances of Marshadow being Psychic, sadly.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Sucks that marshadow has such low hp, but him and muk look fantastic and our first gx attack with no energy cost.

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow-GX This adility is great! Ok the HP is really low but come on!
You can copy all fun or great attack, (saymin ex, from save the day, Lele is opponent have energy, maybe(once per duel) other gx attack, some set up attacks if really needed, is very intresting!
Ok with Hex maniac we cry.

Alolan muk Gx
is from troll ideas card. if you can put all day sp contition is great at least the Gx attack is very cool! ...
Looks like with burn and posion combo(Salazzle) can hit 180! (70*2+10 basic attack +20 burn+10 posion)(with no tools or Kukui). Ok is many stage 1 pokemon but is fun deck idea. Deevolution helps a lot.
And the Gx attack can save the game if you have other Salazzle or opponent play Hex Maniac

Kingdra is very cool only if you can lock the opponent active pokemon! i mean 90 beanch damage is cool from one energy and the 2nd attack is good (if you can set up fast) But i really love the idea from 1st attack.
i bet not really playable card, i stage 2...

I hope that is NOT item lock Vileplum...

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
So wait... Wouldn't Palossand's Dust Storm discard pre-evos along with the energies and tools? That could be interesting.

Why should it?!
Attatched means energy and tools and everything like those cards. ;)

Kingdra works well with Decuideye or Greninja.
As a second tech.