News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
If one were to guess what the Wicke card was only by the zoomed in picture in the homepage they wouldn't have come close to guessing it.

I thought it was something to do with tapu lele lol.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
What have they done to poor Ho-Oh?! I mean...I've seen bad Rainbow Rares but this is the worst one yet.
Hopefully it looks decent in real life...Because as it stands? It's just...Wrong.

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
so, just as a clear up for rulings, can you put a Fire Mega GX or a evolved Fire GX on the bench without needing the previous evolutions? ex: Incineroar GX or M Houndoom EX?

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Only time will tell whether people double down and go 4 N to increase the chance they have one available in the late game or start moving away from the card towards other shuffle supports like Hala/Wicke.

Wicke isn't close to Hala or N.

You shouldn't be putting unplayable cards in your deck. You should be able to use up most of the cards in your hand most of the time. Yes, there will be situations where your hand is just stuck full of cards that can't be used due to luck, but those occurrences are rare.

The only situation where wicke even comes close to the other two is if you for some reason have a hand full of bad cards. Why run Wicke, who is only useful when you have an entirely dead hand, when you could run Hala or N, who are both useful in those rare situations where you have a full hand of bad cards, but are also useful in the much more common occurrence of just not having too many cards left in your hand.

On average, Wicke doesn't improve the quality of your hand, and reduces your hand size by 1. She can take really bad hands and bring them up to average, but N/Hala can do the same thing while also extending good hands.

I mean, I'm gonna run 4 FA Wicke in every deck I ever make, but card's awful.

thflame

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks! well, maybe I should put Ho-Oh in my Flareon EX deck.

Don't just toss a Pokemon into your deck. You need to look at the strategy of the deck and how the Pokemon compliment each other.

What does Ho-oh GX do in your deck that Flareon EX doesn't? Is it useful to your overall strategy?

George

Don't just toss a Pokemon into your deck. You need to look at the strategy of the deck and how the Pokemon compliment each other.

What does Ho-oh GX do in your deck that Flareon EX doesn't? Is it useful to your overall strategy?
Well, since Kiawe allows me to search my deck for up to 4 fire energies and attach them to one of my Fire pokemon (but automatically ends my turn), and Flareon revolves around energy, what am I supposed to have when I am powering up a Flareon or two? because the meta with the way it is, I need support Pokemon to be in the active spot while I get a Flareon ready, I could use Ultra Ball to get a Flareon, but discard some Fire pokemon EX or GX, then bring them back when I am ready to OHKO my opponent with Flareon... I hope my explanation makes sense, but I do have a plan for Ho-Oh, and I have already done some testing with Ho-Oh and Kiawe proxys, and the decks works very well, I will post the deck list sometime if you'd like.

George

;)

19092873_1740646345952015_6163887682346381304_o.jpg
how did you make these? Can you make a Kiawe?