News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

A slightly more accurate translation would be

Each player counts the number of cards in their own hand, then shuffles their hand into their deck and draws the same number of cards they counted.

Who is Wicke!!!!!!??
Wicke is a member of the Aether Foundation who doesn't agree with Lusimine's pursuit of getting or bringing the Ultra Beasts out of their world. She also helped Gladion and Lillie escape the foundation with their Pokemon. Post game she also supplies you with the Beast Balls to capture the stray Ultra Beasts and provides more information about them as you capture them.

A slightly more accurate translation would be

Each player counts the number of cards in their own hand, then shuffles their hand into their deck and draws the same number of cards they counted.
It's basically the same as Sabrina's Gaze, which is why the English print of that got priority.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will replace N when he rotates out next year.

Nice thumbnail. :U

In all honesty though, I really like this card's art, and I think it'll be played at least one-off in decks.

well that is disappointing, but expected, given it would just be a "silver full art".

for the rainbow pokemon, they could have done a special "rainbow rare" imo

edit: that hooh booster pack artwork is sick though

Last edited:
Not to be all PC or whatever, but... Come on, man. Really?
tumblr_m1sa3ilfdF1rone1bo1_r2_500.jpg

Anyway... Naoki Saito's artwork is amazing, as always!

Entertainment brands often use overtly sexy character designs to sell their product. Someone sits there and consciously decides to pick these characters and highlight their assets because they think it will sell to their audience. But it's not something you typically find in a brand targeted at children, which is why I brought it up and highlighted it. I'm actually starting to think the demographic for the TCG is skewing older in recent years, which is why they've been making some artwork like this. I don't have a problem with the artwork personally, I'm just more curious about what these decisions say about the PTCG's demographics and if it's changing (getting older).

Last edited:
duskull looks good. bringing back a basic pokemon. :)

im liking the ability determination. seems good

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the first ever picture of Necrozma I've seen that doesn't look like they got the trainee intern to design a pokémon. :D

Entertainment brands often use overtly sexy character designs to sell their product. Someone sits there and consciously decides to pick these characters and highlight their assets because they think it will sell to their audience. But it's not something you typically find in a brand targeted at children, which is why I brought it up and highlighted it. I'm actually starting to think the demographic for the TCG is skewing older in recent years, which is why they've been making some artwork like this. I don't have a problem with the artwork personally, I'm just more curious about what these decisions say about the PTCG's demographics and if it's changing (getting older).
More so if you consider that as far as tournament goers go there are way more masters than juniors. So cards like this and skyla make sense. Japanese anime and games have been doing this for years so why not Pokemon get on board.

Wow, I thought the Skyla reprint was too revealing. The first thing I see when I login is a boob crop. Card itself is decent though.

More so if you consider that as far as tournament goers go there are way more masters than juniors. So cards like this and skyla make sense. Japanese anime and games have been doing this for years so why not Pokemon get on board.
That's a good point. These SRs are mainly sought by tournament players who want to bling out their decks or serious collectors who will buy all the cards no matter what's on them. Most kids will never open this card from a booster pack (especially with the absurd pull rates), so maybe that's why Pokemon thinks it's "safe" to make cards like this once in a while.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything exceptionally risqué about this card. Nothing is revealed, merely emphasized, and less prominently than Skyla FA at that. Besides, most kids old enough to care about boobs also have an internet capable device and parents too stupid to restrict it, so they don't exactly need to look to trading cards for 'material'.

I don't think there's anything exceptionally risqué about this card. Nothing is revealed, merely emphasized, and less prominently than Skyla FA at that. Besides, most kids old enough to care about boobs also have an internet capable device and parents too stupid to restrict it, so they don't exactly need to look to trading cards for 'material'.
I don't think the material is an issue at all, I think it's what Pokemon deciding to print something like it means for their brand. Like I said, someone sat there and purposefully decided to pick this character and emphasize her features because they think it will sell to their audience. It seems like an unusual business decision for a brand we typically associate with children, and I'm curious what it means about Pokemon's demographics and image, if anything.

Back