News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
What, no full art Plumeria? I wanted a whole row of Team Skull full arts in my binder. I really dont know why they made that over her.

(Well...I know WHY they made it...Its her face obviously. Just look at that face! What a nice pair of eyes! Yeah, that's it. ;))

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Plumeria is in the other subset for SM3 so we could still get a FA for her.

Wait is she? I'm pretty sure the regular one is in SM3 But really a full art being in sm3+ could be in the realm of possibility.

EDIT-Just realized you meant the other half of SM3. Okay that makes more sense. I completely forgot there were to separate subsets. It's even more in the realm of possibility then.

Last edited:

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Wait is she? I'm pretty sure the regular one is in SM3 But really a full art being in sm3+ could be in the realm of possibility.
That is true, though I do think FA Plumeria will be in SM3 as we've seen two FA Supporters from the Necrozma side (Guzma and Wicke), and iirc, we've only seen one from the Ho-Oh side (Kiawe).

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I've noticed Japan can be a little over the top with the card art. Which is a good thing most of the time. But his card will be interesting for play. Definitely gonna try to get this FA.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the wording basically say, "if I have 6 cards and you have 2 cards, I draw 6 cards and you draw 2 cards" if so, it would be good to replace maybe one N in a deck because there's been a lot of times when going second or second turn when going first, that I need something and don't want to Sycamore away all my items but don't really want to N either because my opponent has their hand down to 2 cards, while I have 6-8

I've faced this situation quite often.
With the introduction of Lele in our format... Supporters that are good for certain situations, becomes a more attractive option.

I'll probably play 1-2 of these, depending on my deck list~
This is especially good for decks that snowball, as it allows you to fix your hand without "N"ing yourself down, or decking yourself/discarding resources with things like Sycamore.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Speaking of supporters, I wonder how and when we're getting Lana. Hopefully in Burning Shadows along with a full-art version.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Speaking of supporters, I wonder how and when we're getting Lana. Hopefully in Burning Shadows along with a full-art version.
Burning Shadows will only have 6 FAs. We know 2 of them will be from SM2+ (Acerola and Sophoceles) and there's been 3 revealed in SM3 (Guzma, Wicke, Kiawe) and Plumeria is in SM3 as well so she's likely to be the last FA. So no Lana until at least SM4

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
She’s also… well endowed? I thought this was a kid’s game! :x
Not to be all PC or whatever, but... Come on, man. Really?
tumblr_m1sa3ilfdF1rone1bo1_r2_500.jpg

Anyway... Naoki Saito's artwork is amazing, as always!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
clearly aware of their actual audience. good job from a marketing perspective. and hey, I'm a male cis nerd so ... thanks TPCi. :)

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Ridiculous artwork on this one, hope they tone it down (don't care about the kids, just saying.)

Love the card though, will be using this a lot.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see this card getting a ton of play in the current format outside of decks that want to move second. That said, N will have significantly less utility in the post rotation meta due to the lack of seekers. Right now having an N in discard for lategame disruption is too good to not at least have one of them in your deck. Only time will tell whether people double down and go 4 N to increase the chance they have one available in the late game or start moving away from the card towards other shuffle supports like Hala/Wicke.

And really, are people surprised that they 'know'? Did you forget this?

1088281.jpg

Popular features of popular characters get featured prominently. Nuff said.