News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Rhyno

not very cool dude
I see you Pokémon, I see you

80.jpg
I
I think we can agree that Rhyperior is better though.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Hm... This could be a very powerful combo with golisapod (I think I spelled that wrong), using FOGP you can get golisapod in play on turn 1 and use guzma to do a consistent 120 damage, max potion for full health, and Raichu (burning shadows) so you can take 2HKOS without your opponent KOing your golisapod

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
For a good milldeck you need to mill consistent and as early as possible.
Charizard GX and Rhyperion are just way to slow and require a way to heavy set up/build around.
The last viable mill deck I can remember was durant (which I played for german nationals years back).

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Both better and worse than team flare grunt.
Its better since you can choose any energy on the board to discard. Basic or special energy.
Its worse because you have to pay cards in your hand to use the card.

I suppose it could be used with the Evolutions Starmie card with that Star Beacon ability. (Sorry if I botched the name here. That Starmie's ability discards 1 card and gets back 2 basic energy to your hand)

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Are all the Team Skull cards going to be slight variations and both better and worse than cards we already have? so far, the two we've seen are good.

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
Meta is moving to more sensible plays, rather than "I have a card and I am gonna play it".

We are seeing more cards that require more playing skills.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
That hp amount though. Still not as usable as oricorio in mega gardevoir mayb see some play with gardevoir gx but would be a little noisy especially sense having non gx/evolution attackers will be important again in a format without vs seeker lysandre plays
Have you read Guzma?
This card is not as good as xerneas. This only goes to your hand while xerneas goes tovyour pokemon.
Except Xerneas uses an attack. This is an ability.

Ribombee: because we needed more fairy support
It isn't fairy support dude... it searches any energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

thflame

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if this is really worth it. Discard 2 to discard one energy as your supporter for the turn is kinda bad, especially with Team Flare Grunt being almost as good with no downside and Crushing Hammer being just as good, but with a coin flip and no discard. Also, as long as Delinquent is a thing, reducing your hand size is not a good idea.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Plumeria does allow you to get cards into discard pile. Energies for aqua patch or mega turbo, or as was mentioned in article regarding Darkrai ability. However I prefer draw support rather than discard your cards for one energy removal. Plus other ways to get cards into discard....ultra ball, sycamore, and rarely used psychic third eye (think that's its name).

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
expanded with exeggcute will make this card too good. You can take out any energy on the field instead of just an active Pokemon's, and no coin flip.

Glad I only play Standard

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
New meta, Pokemon taking zero Energy to attack, just you watch.

Seriously, whats up with all the Energy hate cards? Do they not want you to play the game?

basilisx

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, it's a direct update to a previous Rhyperior.

12.jpg

Incidentally, I think that Rhyhorn may have my favourite art of any card. Certainly my favourite in a while at any rate. Not sure why, but I like it a lot. Maybe we just don't get enough happy Rhyhorn.

I wasn't expecting this tbh

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Plumeria - I love the card! It it like Ultra Ball and TFG fused together. Good for Mr. Darkrai in Standard to activate the ability, good for expanded so that it'll activate Maxie/Archie the following turn, good also to reduce hand size. Sylvie love this, some decks love this, 4-5 Geodudes.
  • FA Olivia in Burning Shadows - impossible to happen

Last edited:

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
New meta, Pokemon taking zero Energy to attack, just you watch.

Seriously, whats up with all the Energy hate cards? Do they not want you to play the game?

This. Sylveon-GX and other 'Quad Decks' already have too many resources to just stop their opponents from playing, why compound an already big problem?

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
They are not bad, I see that they are for specific cards like Golisopod-GX with Guzma and now Plumeria with Darkrai-GX. Maybe in the deck you're running it's bad, but for other decks these can be really good. I'm not saying that you have to only use them with those specific cards maybe your deck runs on attack from your discard pile or switching out like Golisopod-GX, it's just how you play it in your deck.