Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

I've not been on Pokebeach for a really long time but am looking to get back into the swing of things. I chose this name when I was younger but I really don't like it. I know their used to be a thread for name change requests but I can't seem to find it. Is it still possible to change my name? Or am I stuck with the one I have currently? Cheers!

Edit: If it's not possible to change my name, would it be possible to deactivate this account and use this email again for a whole new account?

I've not been on Pokebeach for a really long time but am looking to get back into the swing of things. I chose this name when I was younger but I really don't like it. I know their used to be a thread for name change requests but I can't seem to find it. Is it still possible to change my name? Or am I stuck with the one I have currently? Cheers!

Edit: If it's not possible to change my name, would it be possible to deactivate this account and use this email again for a whole new account?

It is not possible to change usernames any longer and the forum software will likely stop you from creating a new account due to detecting a multiple account with your current one, even if you were to change the e-mail address issue. If you're really dead set on not using this username, your best course of action would probably be to e-mail the forum admin at shiningraikou(at)gmail.com to discuss the issue and see if he can possible help you get a different account authorized, but of course no promises that such an arrangement could be made.

Hey guys,

Apparently I used a dummy DOB when I signed up a while back but I'm wondering how I can get this updated now? Thanks.

Hey guys,

Apparently I used a dummy DOB when I signed up a while back but I'm wondering how I can get this updated now? Thanks.

Birthdays cannot be edited by members once they have been submitted. If you would like to change the birthday you have on your account, your best course of action would be to send an e-mail to shiningraikou(at)gmail.com and ask him nicely to update your birthday to the correct date.

EDIT: PM's here are also great too regarding things that need updating. ~ Shining Raikou

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to wean away from this username that I have used for years (back from when I was in middle/high school) - aka: "shy girl" - and this site is one of the few sites where I still have it as my username. I was looking on where to change this, but I don't see a way to change it. I do not want to have to make a new account however.

The username that I would like to change to is "Yumene" or if that is somehow taken ... "DJYumene"

I would appreciate it <3

Thank you!

I am trying to wean away from this username that I have used for years (back from when I was in middle/high school) - aka: "shy girl" - and this site is one of the few sites where I still have it as my username. I was looking on where to change this, but I don't see a way to change it. I do not want to have to make a new account however.

The username that I would like to change to is "Yumene" or if that is somehow taken ... "DJYumene"

I would appreciate it <3

Thank you!

Unfortunately, we are not able to do name changes at this time. If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me or post in the thread again! :D

Hey I created my account a while back and set my birthday wrong. Can an admin change that for me? I want to be changed to 1998 instead of 1997. Thanks!

EDIT: I have received help, thanks Athena!

Last edited:
How do i get images that were saved on my computer to appear correctly?
Since the other moderators' explanations read a little unclearly to me, I'm gonna take a stab at it. There are two ways to upload an image. One is straight from your desktop, which is what you're asking about, whereas the other involves use of a third party image hosting site. I find the latter option to be much more simple, but I'll go over both for you.

The first way, uploading an image straight from your computer, is done by simply dragging the document of the image you want to upload straight from your folder and into the box where you type your post up. Once it's been dragged, you have the option of either including it as a "full image" or as a "thumbnail". The former is the original size of the image, whereas the thumbnail reduces the size. Generally the thumbnail should be used if you don't want to use spoilers, whereas the former is used if you have more minute details which you want to show off. Just make sure to use spoiler tags if you select the full image option!

The simpler option, in my opinion, is to use a site such as imgur to upload the image from your desktop and onto your imgur account. Then, you can use the button marked here in your post editor to paste the image url into the popup-esque thing that appears, by right clicking and then selecting this. I find this to be much more convenient, and as such it's my method of choice. The downside is that you don't have the resizing options that drag-and-dropping from your desktop provides, but you can resize your image in basic programs such as paint if you need to.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey everyone new to PokeBeach and just finished a trade can anyone tell me how i leave a reference or feedback to the person i traded with? Anything helps thank you!

I used to get email notifications when someone sends me a PM or replies to a forum post, lately in the last week or so I haven't been getting any notifications. My email address and preferences have not changed, it just stopped working all of a sudden. Any idea how to fix? It's important to get PM email notification so I know when an opponent replies to me for the monthly cups.

I used to get email notifications when someone sends me a PM or replies to a forum post, lately in the last week or so I haven't been getting any notifications. My email address and preferences have not changed, it just stopped working all of a sudden. Any idea how to fix? It's important to get PM email notification so I know when an opponent replies to me for the monthly cups.
The e-mail validation issues Athena mentioned in the sticky thread here are applying to all e-mails which the site should be sending out. There are no solutions to the problem right now, but our site staff are working hard on trying to fix the issue as we speak, so hopefully e-mails will be back online as per normal soon! :)

Hey, just curious. We recently started a youtube channel showing our pokemon card collection, opening cards, and talking about pokemon stuff. Is there a place on pokebeach to post and talk about it?

Hey, just curious. We recently started a youtube channel showing our pokemon card collection, opening cards, and talking about pokemon stuff. Is there a place on pokebeach to post and talk about it.
You can post a profile message with a link to a new video on occasion, but that's all. An entire thread dedicated to your YouTube channel unfortunately violates our anti-advertising rules, as we like to prioritise discussion on our site. The top 8 profile messages are displayed on the front page of the forums, however, so there is decent exposure. I'd recommend advertising your channel probably once or twice a month maximum though. :)

Hi, I haven't been around for a while and I was wondering where those meta decks threads went. (The ones with [Tier 1], [Tier 2], etc brackets.)

Hi, I haven't been around for a while and I was wondering where those meta decks threads went. (The ones with [Tier 1], [Tier 2], etc brackets.)

Those threads got rolled into the PTCG Competitive Play forum as part of the changes. Look out for the Deck Archetype tag, as that indicates popular meta decks and are what the old threads are now tagged with. :)

Just a minor gripe but I hate that this site is not responsive. Like I shrink the view all the time for a narrower screen. God help anyone who browses on mobile.

(i.e. 71% USA internet users)

Not sure if this is it where it goes but I can't find another better place so here is my question.

Will we ever be able to separate news by topic again? IE finding just TCG news, or just blogs?
You can find all TCG news via this link and all blogs via this link.

Just a minor gripe but I hate that this site is not responsive. Like I shrink the view all the time for a narrower screen. God help anyone who browses on mobile.

(i.e. 71% USA internet users)
What's the screen resolution you're viewing PokeBeach on? Mine is 1366x768 and seems to work great, but I'd imagine yours would be smaller than that?

You can find all TCG news via this link and all blogs via this link.

What's the screen resolution you're viewing PokeBeach on? Mine is 1366x768 and seems to work great, but I'd imagine yours would be smaller than that?

I just oftentimes halve my browser window, particularly if I'm dipping in and out of PCTGO which is the times I'm most often on here :v And it seems if I even take an inch off the side I end up side-scrolling too. I can't think of a single other website I use on the regular that isn't responsive.

Back