News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

basilisx

Aspiring Trainer
This card has lots of potential, I'm looking forward for a deck around this and maybe Xerneas BREAK?

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
I actually think this is very good. 30x one Fairy Energy, plus the ability. It makes it very good.
I give it 5 Alolan Geodudes

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't get why it's referred to as "searching" the discard when the contents of the discard are public knowledge? You don't have to look for anything because you can always know what's there at any given time.

You are still searching your discard pile even though you can check its contents whenever you want.

Twilight-GX is an S-tier GX attack. The only problem I have is that it's on a Gardevoir. I mean, I like Gardevoir as much as the next guy, but I would have rather seen this on a Florges (if having this on a Fairy-type card was set in stone).

It seems like a Garbodor counter, and it is, but it doesn't really seem like a counter; Gardevoir doesn't resist Psychic, needs a buttload of Energy to OHKO Garbodor, and it's a Stage 2. None of that screams "counter" to me. But I guess Fairy decks now have a kickass GX attack to use :D

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
So Mega MewTwo's psychic infinity for one energy and can hit for weakness? Alright.

To be fair, hitting for weakness doesn't really matter when you're just hitting dragons since after rotation there isn't going to be a single dragon card left in the meta unless burning shadows gives something worth playing or something that keeps them relevant.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY GEODUDES
  • Broski (Gardevoir) - GX - I love it! Too bad for the ability that is not as awesome as BKT Magnezone, but it's alright. Stage 2s slowly getting some love. The weakness is great bcoz nobody plays M-Scizor. Accesible to Xerneas and Fairy Garden, the attack is 2-sided Shatter Shot, the GX is insane, so I'll give it 4 Geodudes

InTheLight

Aspiring Trainer
Works well with Xerneas Break and Mega Gardevoir, but having to get out a stage two and a mega just seems like a hassle.

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see it.

Infinite Force doesn't seem like the sort of attack that actually has that many opportunities to throw down big numbers – let's say you switch in on an Active with 3 Energy attached, and in the same turn attach an Energy *and* use Gardevoir's ability to attach an [F] so you have 2 Attached, that's not actually 1HKOing any other GXes on its own.

Twilight seems OP for letting you bring back a whopping 10 cards from discard, but by returning it to your deck instead of your hand you're not pulling off anything so amazing it warranted pulling Gardevoir off the bench. If any mill decks take off, you might see this GX attack get some traction, but right now.. eh?!
When you put it like that, trying to get my Wishiwashi mill deck off the ground seems risky.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, not a lot of love for gardevoir. As a stage 2 it does become difficult to setup and makes decks rather inconsistent. However I think the low energy attack, ability, and especially the gx move are well worth it. I currently am playing some decks with virtually no items (ultra balls and lele with draw supporters) to counter garb. The gx attack allows the use of items and then to retrieve them from discard is yet another counter to Garbodor.

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
Watch Ralts and Kirlia have the Speed Evolution ability like Caterpie of FLF. Also use this with Premonition Gallade, and you're good. This seems really similar to Delphox BREAK. I mean, Greninja BREAK was a really good deck, but what made it better was Frogadier's Water Duplicates attack which sped up the process of getting it into play. This could be the top of the meta. Or it could end up like Vikavolt GX.