News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Where's the 1st edition symbol on the SuMo cards? With the new card format, everything seems so weird to me. it's gonna take a while to get used to it haha.

I'm glad there's a new Porygon-Z card, it's one of my favorite pokemon! I don't really see it as being a decent playable card, but it still looks really neat.

looks like we gonna have more basic pokemon GX, kiawe definitely gonna boost the game speed, the only thing they like to do to balance the game spped is to have more basic pokemon or more strong supporter :)

looks like we gonna have more basic pokemon GX, kiawe definitely gonna boost the game speed, the only thing they like to do to balance the game spped is to have more basic pokemon or more strong supporter :)

We also know there will be a Stage 2 GX in the Ho-oh set. If history repeats itself, we will see each of these sets bring us 2 Basic GX, 1 Stage 1 GX, and 1 Stage 2 GX Pokemon.

For reference:

Collection Sun: Lapras GX, Espeon, GX, Gumshoos GX, Solagaleo GX
Collection Moon: Tauros GX, Umbreon GX, Lurantis GX, Lunala GX
SM1+: Drampa GX, Sylveon GX, Toxapex GX, Vikavolt GX

Islands Await You: Tapu Koko GX, Turtonator GX, Alolan Ninetales GX, Kommo-o GX
Alolan Moonlight: Tapue Lele GX, Wishiwashi GX, Lycanroc GX, Metagross GX
SM2+: Tapu Fini GX, Darkrai GX, Salazzle GX, Machamp GX

So far the first set pattern was 1 Basic, 2 Stage 1, and 1 Stage 2. The second set pattern was 2 Basic, 1 Stage 1, and 1 Stage 2.

My current assumption that we will see the same pattern is that the pack art including Marshadow hints at it as a GX, since paralleled the Ho-oh pack art has Ho-oh and Charizard as GX Pokemon and the Necrozma is known as a GX. However, they could go crazy and have Marshadow not be a GX in the set, or have the sets change between the two (least likely in my opinion).

Either way the current spread is this 9 Basic GXs (10 w/ Snorlax Promo 11 w/Bulu Promo and 13 w/Ho-oh + Necrozma), 9 Stage 1 GXs, and 6 Stage 2 GX's (9 w/Starter Promos 10 w/Charizard) The split honestly isn't that bad at the moment, and we have a ton of these things already, seeing as we get 12 a set in English (4 per Dual Set + 4 per + set) I think the game looks okay from here.

I will agree that Kiawe is a bit disappointing.

So glad we're getting something that can wall Tauros. Most degenerate card in the game right now, imo.
Huh? Why is Tauros a degenerate card? All the current metadecks have the capability to oneshot one, even Passimian Mew can because of Weakness, and it's second attack only does 60 damage. It will still go down eventually, it will just take some of your opponent's cards down with it which is perfectly normal.

Meh. Raichu's ability is cool though. Maybe spamming it with DeVo spray would be fun?

Wow. That Raichu could be really annoying if the opponent has no way to switch. It's basically Servine's Serpentine Strangle, but without the coin flip (and mercifully, not Grass-type).

The ability of this Riachu is awesome! However, attack wise, he is very "meh." To bad he doesn't have circle circuit :p Then he really would be awesome... Also, I wish this was Alolan Raichu. :confused:

Auto-Paralysis is always good. Might see a splash of play with Super Scoop Up coming in SM3 as well, but is fairly mediocre. LLC for 130 and 30 to itself is bad. 1 retreat on a bench sitter is not great either, but could still be toyed around with and might have a spot in a deck or 2. The art on both the Pikachu and Raichu is pretty cool, though.

When you play Pokemon, you get a money back guarantee of a new pikachu every 3 sets or less!

Raichu + Sceptile-EX wil be a tough deck to beat. 130 automatically and ya paralyazed. It's like a quicker Mega Venusaur! Aalso, the fact it ain't an Alolan Raichu surprises me. I wonder what they will do for Alolan Raichu?

Maybe this'll be the set where we see an Alolan Raichu GX? And Raichu's attack isn't the worst; rough seas helps mitigate that and so does the 110HP. Raichu eeveelutions anyone?

Back