News New 'Battle Arena Deck: Black Kyurem vs. White Kyurem' in June!

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Glad Trainer's Mail will be in rotation for another year with this. I hope that we don't get a Best of XY though, I want to see Shay and VS Seeker gone so that deck construction becomes a little more meaningful.

Glad Trainer's Mail will be in rotation for another year with this. I hope that we don't get a Best of XY though, I want to see Shay and VS Seeker gone so that deck construction becomes a little more meaningful.
As a LONG time player, I can understand no VS Seeker and Shaymin. (Though Vs Seeker has been a card before, and Shaymin being a "worse" version of Uxie) When we didn't have those cards, you ran lots of extra supporters. Trainers mail will help fill in for VS Seeker, but not to the point where people will be comfortable. As for Shaymin,... Same goes. Also it's not confirmed if Octillery survives the rotation. Unless we see another 2009.... which would not be that bad in my opinion.

Gabrip

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, but what the heck?
Why now?
Isn't it a bit late?
I was hoping for something like at least Gen 6 not something from way back...

They are doing this for the expanded, as they did with Rayquaza vs Kaldeo
expanded is really strong and a lot of regionals are only expanded now

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Sorry, but what the heck?
Why now?
Isn't it a bit late?
I was hoping for something like at least Gen 6 not something from way back...
Bruh.

B&W are still legal in expanded, so they're going to continue making these decks until they're no longer legal in expanded.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
I am glad they reprinted Trainers Mail to keep another rotation, and Sycamore may stay another too because of this (it will instead rotate in 2019). I am still quite troubled that there will be no more Lysandre!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Sycamore was already safe from rotation since he was reprinted in Steam Siege iirc.

If they give all of these new prints the same set symbol it would actually be easier to print them as a non-legality modifying 'set' in International Standard which would allow them to give us all of the BOXY prints in boxes without messing up the long awaited rotations of the draw engine components that have dominated deckbuilding since ROS, Shaymin/VS Seeker.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
I am glad they reprinted Trainers Mail to keep another rotation, and Sycamore may stay another too because of this (it will instead rotate in 2019). I am still quite troubled that there will be no more Lysandre!
Make people start using Pokémon Catcher. we still have two more sets. We don't know what other reprints there will be.

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
As a LONG time player, I can understand no VS Seeker and Shaymin. (Though Vs Seeker has been a card before, and Shaymin being a "worse" version of Uxie) When we didn't have those cards, you ran lots of extra supporters. Trainers mail will help fill in for VS Seeker, but not to the point where people will be comfortable. As for Shaymin,... Same goes. Also it's not confirmed if Octillery survives the rotation. Unless we see another 2009.... which would not be that bad in my opinion.

Hold on it says Vs Seeker will be in this box, so it should survive the rotation. Anyway I say good ridden to Shaymin, turn 1 Deci/Plume and M Ray attack for 240 should be far less consistent than they are currently. Give way to Tapu Lele and more consistent, simpler decks, imho.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Make people start using Pokémon Catcher. we still have two more sets. We don't know what other reprints there will be.

Hold up. Are we sure what the set number is for that Trainer's Mail? I didn't see it. If it is a promo, it will stick around. If it kept the original set number, then this would still rotate even with the new artwork.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer

Most likely they will be XY Promos, so they will rotate in 2018 with the rest of the XY block, not 2019.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Jolteon EX had a strange set logo and now sycamore has something strange too. What does this mean???

WastedSkyPirate

I love that new Trainers' Mail - those colors are gorgeous! As someone that doesn't care about max rarity, I'm definitely gonna look to pick up a playset of these for fun. Hopefully this drops the price of Trainers' Mail altogether because of it being accessible through these means. Also hoping there's another copy (non-foil?) in the deck as well.

I'd almost expect this copy to be more valuable than the Gold version. It is indeed gorgeous.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Oh man, my nostalgia is KILLING me here!! Both versions of the Black/White Kyurems? Yes, please. I really actually needed three of the four Kyurems for set completion(No idea why I haven't gotten them sooner). These are always a real treat of a product to get. Maybe not the best EXs in store but still, this is great because Boundaries Crossed IS my favorite set, so I can at least somewhat feel like I'm going back to the old days.

Hold on it says Vs Seeker will be in this box, so it should survive the rotation. Anyway I say good ridden to Shaymin, turn 1 Deci/Plume and M Ray attack for 240 should be far less consistent than they are currently. Give way to Tapu Lele and more consistent, simpler decks, imho.
You are correct, but remember, these are for the expanded format. There is no confirmation if it is a reprint or not.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Wonder if the trainers mail and syc will be a xy black star promo or sun/moon black star promo. Either way nice to see these ones stay in rotation.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
I am really confused about what those set numbers are. Maybe best of XY for us, Maybe some other 30 card reprint set with the vitals, who knows?

Chadillac12

Aspiring Trainer
Even when zoomed in, the picture is too poor quality to tell... Maybe set symbols similar to the ones from Trainer Decks?

Attachments

• Sycamore Set Symbol.PNG
    Sycamore Set Symbol.PNG
    889.8 KB · Views: 33

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Best Battle Deck Ever!

PLS Black Kyurem is playable, tnx. To Blastoise if I remember, I don't know the others