News 'Ash vs. Team Rocket' Deck Featured Cards!

Isn't this the first ash card ever released? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen one before neither have I heard about it.

Ok. Most cards are worth it to be in English. What I mean is something like DayLyc or Gumshoes who aren't illustrated by the creators of the anime. Team Rocket's Harassment could be good if it is in English released. Let's see how it goes.

Ok. Most cards are worth it to be in English. What I mean is something like DayLyc or Gumshoes who aren't illustrated by the creators of the anime. Team Rocket's Harassment could be good if it is in English released. Let's see how it goes.
I think some of the Pokémon without the anime characters in it, but with the anime artwork, could be used in English set(s) as well, like Rockruff, Toxapex, Tapu Koko and perhaps also Togedemaru and Meowth, though I half-expect the Meowth to be in some kind of anime promo collection.

I really love the artwork! I think the anime artwork is interesting, and the rest of the artwork are really good looking as well! Also that Stufful is absolutely adorable :3

I wonder if the Lycanroc and Toxapex mean that Ash's Rockruff and James' Mareanie evolves, and if the Salandit and Bruxish (and Yungoos) are future captures by Team Rocket (and Ash)

1. This almost certainly constitutes anime spoilers, w/r/t evolutions and captures. I wonder if Tauros is reference to what will be an Alolan Ride Pokémon, or will one of his 30 Tauros find new purpose in life in Alola.
2. The fact those Supporters aren't useless makes me anticipate future FA versions of each, released in some form or another.
3. I get that they're not straight screencaps, but the artwork has actually turned me off the hype I had for this set.. I just can't shake off that it reminds me of half-effort Photoshopped Pokémon cards where the artist just uses a random screencap from the anime for the picture.

It's so weird to see anime art on cards, but I think I like it! I was never a fan of the anime art used on some of the Japanese movie promos and fake cards I've seen in the past, but I think the Sun & Moon anime style meshes pretty well with these templates.

(That Ash card makes me really happy for some reason.)

Last edited:
... I need that Mimikyu. I really hope that they stick it in some promo thing or whatever, as long as they print it in English. If all else fails, I'll buy online, but dangit, I want it in English.

Also, Team Rocket's Harassment is interesting. I realize it's basically Judge, but the fact that they upped it to five is what interests me.

hmm team rocket as judge replacement...
The only thing that makes Judge remotely good is its use in Yanmega decks.... So team rocket isn't good.... Also, N is so good for slowing your opponent late game, it won't see play in my opinion.

The only thing that makes Judge remotely good is its use in Yanmega decks.... So team rocket isn't good.... Also, N is so good for slowing your opponent late game, it won't see play in my opinion.
Nobody plays Yanmega decks bro.
wait that tapu koko is really good. it's pretty much baby volcanion
No. This is not baby volcanion. It has 20 less HP, the attack does 10 less damage, the first attack only attaches one Energy instead of two, the first doesn't do any damage at all so it can't be boosted, it isn't fire type so volcanion EX can't boost its damage and it can't hit decidueye for weakness. It is much much much much worse than baby volcanion. Not even comparable.

Is it just me or does the gumshoos look like he is lecturing some one? For the other 40 cards, will they include rowlet and litten's evol? I hope so.

Is it just me or does the gumshoos look like he is lecturing some one? For the other 40 cards, will they include rowlet and litten's evol? I hope so.
All the new cards have been revealed, so there won't be any Torracat nor Dartrix. The deck consists of 60 cards, however not all of 60 are new cards. As you can see, next to the set logo, 26 cards are in the set, so the deck likely consists of those 26 cards in various quantities, as well as energies :)

If we get any of these cards overseas I'd be happy, but I'm not optimistic. The track record over the years for anime inspired-cards to receive translations is pretty poor.

I am getting a PSA 10 of the "Team Rocket's Harrasmant" Also did this hint to Ash's Rockruff evolving to Lycanroc soon? Or did I just miss an episode of the anime.

Oh and seriously, why does "Ash's Friendship" have to be so horrible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like if we got that koko, but nothing else. I can see it being used as the energy acceleration lighting needed (other than magnezone), but magnezone is a bit clunky being a stage 2. Maybe it could be used as setup in a Koko deck.

Back