News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Here we go again! Another Strengthening Expansion Stiff, means another addition to SM4 maybe ft. Silvally.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
With the Necrozma on SM3, only the Ultrabeasts don't have cards yet. Maybe we will get DPPt remakes soon or another thing to next sets be based of?

Edit: Miss Type: Null and Silvally.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Man, so many SM#+ sets. Getting a little crazy to be honest - as is the number of Mew & Mewtwo as of late. I mean seriously, it's gotten kinda ridiculous.

At least the Mew is shiny this time, I suppose. :p

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I really hope Mewtwo GX, if there will be one, has an attack called "GX Ball" or "X Ball GX" or something stupid like that.

I mean, to be honest, it'd be kind of funny to see them just make X Ball Mewtwo on steroids even though Mewtwo is as overdone as he is.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Set only matters if Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam make this set. The only Aloan region pokémon and psychic types that seem to be woefully left out... Shining Mew translated in English would always be a happy dream come true.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
Set only matters if Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam make this set. The only Aloan region pokémon and psychic types that seem to be woefully left out... Shining Mew translated in English would always be a happy dream come true.
Uri Geller is the only reason why Kadabra has never been printed again

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I LOVE this set, but it BETTER not be as terrible as SM1+ (same hope for SM2+).

However this set reminds me more of a CP set then a + set (as noted by how it isn't called strength expansion pack

Uri Geller is the only reason why Kadabra has never been printed again

you do realize they won that lawsuit right?

ProcInc

Aspiring Trainer
Although the lawsuit against Geller was won, TPC decided against making any more Kadabra cards as both an act of good faith and to avoid negative publicity.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Although the lawsuit against Geller was won, TPC decided against making any more Kadabra cards as both an act of good faith and to avoid negative publicity.
Yeah I'm aware but they are allowed to print Kadabra if they wanted

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
I LOVE this set, but it BETTER not be as terrible as SM1+ (same hope for SM2+).

However this set reminds me more of a CP set then a + set (as noted by how it isn't called strength expansion pack

you do realize they won that lawsuit right?

Then explain why no Kadabra card since 2003?

Deku

The Starving Artist
Then explain why no Kadabra card since 2003?
Nintendo likes to take a 'Better safe than sorry' approach when it comes to Pokemon. Same reason why Porygon hasn't appeared in the anime since Computer Warrior/ Electric Solider Porygon. In fact I think there was one set where Abra evolved straight into Alakazam.

Theo

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my goodness, mew is great on its own, but shiny and a GX? That's gonna be awesome!

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Nintendo likes to take a 'Better safe than sorry' approach when it comes to Pokemon. Same reason why Porygon hasn't appeared in the anime since Computer Warrior/ Electric Solider Porygon. In fact I think there was one set where Abra evolved straight into Alakazam.

DP: Mysterious Treasures. It had Ultra Evolution which made you search your deck for an Alakazam and put it on top of Abra.
Last Abra card ever since Alakazam was able to be printed as a base Pokemon in subsequent sets