News 'Legendary Battle Decks' Featuring Ho-Oh and Lugia in May!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I hope TCPI is Using the Lugia and Ho-oh EX from Dragons Exalted and Plasma Storm. If it is, I might buy it. It would also be nice to have completely different cards unlike the set.

I wouldn't mind the Dragons Exalted Ho-oh but I strongly object to the Plasma Storm Lugia, that was the thing I hated most about the first Legendary Deck stuff was that it was about Plasma stuff, which I hated. I would much prefer Ancient Origins Lugia.

The main thing I hated about the Legendary Deck stuff though was that they couldn't even be bothered to make new versions of the birds when that would have been a perfect time to do so because of the mythical collection and Generations stuff.

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Both Lugia EX's are good, so thats something. On the other hand, one Ho-Oh EX is pretty great, whereas the other one is completely unplayable. Lets hope for the best!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I wisht that VS Seeker or Random Receiver will be in these battle decks. They are very worth it

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
As a Generation II fan girl (and Lugia being my 2nd favourite Pokémon), I'm happy with these products, and don't particularly care which prints they are (never really wanted to use either Ho-Oh, and I have enough of the other Lugias if I wanted to use those). Like @BrianFrobey said, I'm hoping to see some Trainers' Mails in these ones since I think they're the only ultra-playable trainer card yet to be featured in a sealed product. Although I won't complain about some more copies of VS Seekers either mind you!

I wonder what kind of Energy we'll get with them? I hope it's one they haven't done before in these products, I still need foil energy of Grass, Fighting, Steel and Fairy I think (I missed out on the BAD that had Fairy energy in it).

Legendz/Rios

Aspiring Trainer
I think it will be from the old bw sets, because the LBD for the legendary birds trio all where plasmas.

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I wouldn't mind the Dragons Exalted Ho-oh but I strongly object to the Plasma Storm Lugia, that was the thing I hated most about the first Legendary Deck stuff was that it was about Plasma stuff, which I hated. I would much prefer Ancient Origins Lugia.

The main thing I hated about the Legendary Deck stuff though was that they couldn't even be bothered to make new versions of the birds when that would have been a perfect time to do so because of the mythical collection and Generations stuff.

I totally understand what you are trying to say. As a collector I like the idea of using older ultra rares to make the price go lower. As a player, I agree with you I don't really like the plasma card era and Lugia EX in Plasma Storm was not playable while the Ho-oh from Dragons Exalted was okay. The Lugia EX from Ancient Origins is more playable than the one in Plasma Storm. The Ho-oh EX in Breakpoint is less playable than the one in Dragons Exalted.

Since Lugia is a plasma Pokemon-EX while Ho-oh Is not in the BW era ,it more likely that that Ho-oh and Lugia EX would be from the Breakpoint and Ancient Origins.

Ghidreigon

Aspiring Trainer
Please let it be the dragons exalted ho-oh PLEASE

So instead of picking good pokemon (like keldeo/rayquaza and mewtwo/darkrai), they chose to ruin one of the only good competitive products because of the cancerous Pokemon Go.

Starting to get sick of Pokemon Go honestly. Didn't think it'd infect the TCG so badly.
these are different from the battle arena decks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
Yes ancient arigins lugia awesome and you know i need more of them reverse holo fire enrgies (the ones from keldeo v rayquasa wasnt enough)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I'm amazed that they printed the good versions of each cards... Finally a way to get these for cheap....hopefully they unavoidable Groudon/Kyogre BAD's are as good as these

Lycodrake

Aspiring Trainer
Japan gets relevant, standard-playable Battle Decks and we get this? :(

What's the strategic reason behind including Blissey with Lugia? Or Suicune with Ho-Oh? I mean I get that Ho-Oh is the one in charge of the Legendary Beasts, but besides that?

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Japan gets relevant, standard-playable Battle Decks and we get this? :(

What's the strategic reason behind including Blissey with Lugia? Or Suicune with Ho-Oh? I mean I get that Ho-Oh is the one in charge of the Legendary Beasts, but besides that?
That Ho-oh is also one of the hardest cards to get from Dragons Exhalted. Its very good and very playable but the low amount of them out there doesnt let it see enough play. We will most likely see a lot more Ho-oh decks surface when these battle decks drop

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I never thought i'd say this but I like the idea of what Pokemon is doing. This is exactly what we asked for!:)