News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

It was odd there was no official sources on the Koko/Lele decks. This is an improvement though, those coins are lovely.

Edit: It would be too much to hope for unique cards for each Castform wouldnt it?

Are the cosmog and cosmoem reprints do we know or could they be new cards from SM2? Have we heard anything?

Are the cosmog and cosmoem reprints do we know or could they be new cards from SM2? Have we heard anything?
As far as I'm aware, there is a Japanese Cosmog promo (a reprint from SM1, with different artwork), which I assume could be included in the set. Cosmoem, I don't know anything about.
This is the promo I'm talking about, for anyone interested :)
CosmogSMPromo30.jpg

"...and the placement of damage counters from your opponent’s attacks and Abilities"

I have a hunch that this ability was worded this way because of Espeon-GX,

More the natural evolution of such effects.

Blocking Bench damage from attacks has already shown up on Basic Pokémon and Stadium cards. Blocking all effects of attacks, including damage, showed up on Bronzong (XY: Fates Collide 61/124). Machoke may not block all effects, but if it handles damage and damage counters while also blocking those from Abilities, seems like it is still a step up.

What's Rescue Stretcher and Energy Loto?
As mentioned in the article, they are currently unreleased trainers, most likely featured in the two Japanese sets :)
It’ll contain two as of yet unrevealed Trainers named Energy Loto and Rescue Stretcher. They will presumably be revealed next week when SM2 leaks in Japan.

I might snag both the decks, just so I've actually got some copies of Cosmoem. Dunno who thought it was a good idea to make the stage 1 form a rare when the evos are rarer still ^^;

Plus it might help if I make a deck with all those Solgaleo GX's I've pulled. Rare Candy can only get ya so far.

Random nitpick; why does Lunalaa's theme deck have 1 Altar of the Moone, but Solgaleo's theme deck has two Altar of the Sunne? :confused:

Definitely going to be picking up the Lunala deck! I'm in love with that card.

However, I wonder why they didn't make the decks based around other cards. Perhaps a regular Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele?

Luckly the same day they reveal the Machamp line as well.
With Machoke the Trevenant's Silent Fear is prevented, at least on the bench.

More the natural evolution of such effects.

Blocking Bench damage from attacks has already shown up on Basic Pokémon and Stadium cards. Blocking all effects of attacks, including damage, showed up on Bronzong (XY: Fates Collide 61/124). Machoke may not block all effects, but if it handles damage and damage counters while also blocking those from Abilities, seems like it is still a step up.

I like it. While it wont block effects like shadow stitching, it is still pretty nasty for Decidueye decks. You have been talking about this gap for a while now. Seems like a good step. Seems like the final step is to combine Bronzong and this Machoke into a stage 2 that blocks everything from affecting the bench. TBH, I am not sure I like the implications of that combination.

Would love your thoughts on that bit of speculation.

• So, it's not Koko and Lele. Hehe, wrong source! ;)
  • Rescue Strecher and Energy Lotto are interesting trainers, I hope they're good.
  • Wait, C-c-Castform??! After 10 years, we'll have a Castform? Yay!!!!
  • Are Bewears the Easy Money ones?
  • Chandelure Confirmed! Hopefully, it'll revive Night March.
  • These means Sol and Luna are non-holo rares in the set.
(Free to Reply, that's why I put bullets)

Also stops Umbreon GX, Alakazam EX, Golbat, as well as Greninja BREAK... Plus some others I know I am missing...

I already need 3 copies of each to play with lycanroc night form, choice band and some strong energy, get Lycan ability to "eat" a benched pokemon, if he gets beaten, make a machoke active, evolve and charge with 1 or 2 strong energy, get the choice band on that beast and make TONS of damage with 2 energies!

I like it. While it wont block effects like shadow stitching, it is still pretty nasty for Decidueye decks. You have been talking about this gap for a while now. Seems like a good step. Seems like the final step is to combine Bronzong and this Machoke into a stage 2 that blocks everything from affecting the bench. TBH, I am not sure I like the implications of that combination.

Would love your thoughts on that bit of speculation.

Combining the effects of Bronzong and Machoke into a final, Stage 2 form might actually be a step backward. Think about it... are they likely to give such a Stage 2 a good attack? Nope. We're back to that "Great effect, but no way can I afford a Stage 2 Bench-sitter just to protect the rest of my Bench." dilemma that has plagued Stage 2 Pokémon since the game began.

If Machamp is better than I expect, or we get another Machamp that is worth running, this does help with the whole "Evolving Pokémon are more than filler." design approach I've been advocating. I could see full Bench protection spread throughout an entire Stage 2 line... well that actually isn't too impressive. So spread throughout an entire line that has worthwhile attacks as well. That way, you stagger your Machop/Machoke/Machamp to get up to three different, worthwhile, effects while on your Bench. I'd say more, but we are getting into Create-A-Card territory, which calls for its own thread. ;)

Back