News Set and Promo Tournament Legality Schedule Change

Giratina's blister is being released in December, which would mean it won't be legal until January 6th.

Do you know if this counts outside of tournaments just at league I assume not, but on PTCGO snorlax isn't even legal in 'for fun' matches

Is the Snorlax GX box not out world wide? I saw one at my local Walmart when I was there just this saturday.

Do you know if this counts outside of tournaments just at league I assume not, but on PTCGO snorlax isn't even legal in 'for fun' matches

That is because the GX mechanic hasn't yet been implemented into PTCGO. The GX mechanic will be implemented in the next client update, which according to a post made on December 1, the client update will be happening tomorrow (the 14th).

Cards used in for fun matches are legal on release, or after the program in question(if PTCGO) updates to add it to the list of legal/available cards, whatever happens later...

Cards used for Tourney matches are not legal until the time stated within the TPCi rulebooks, or until after the program in question(if PTCGO) updates to add it to the list of legal cards...

In case of for fun matches...

Are you playing on the PTCGO UK/Indian OR even the PTCGO Australia server?

^ UK and/or India and/or Australian people speak English, yes, but legality applies to NA, and since Australia is 15 hours ahead of EST, and UK/India is 5/10.5(respectively) hours ahead of EST in terms of UTC/GMT, and my home, AZ is 2 hours behind EST, either you got it ahead of the street date, or you live in an area where it's already the street date in those regions of the world, but if you got the card from such an area, you'll have to wait one more day for NA to catch up and/or the game updates before you can play snorlax-gx in a fun match...

Last edited:
Is there a reason for this? Why not just allow it to be released the same day or the friday following its release? Seems like an awfully long time. Then again, I assume this must be to test out any potential ban-worthy or nerf-worthy cards.

First this Change doesn't seem to go into effect tell February.

So the Snorlax-GX box should fall under the current system and would be legal Dec 30 as Dec 14 seems to be the release (need to confirm Dec 14 date).

The Giratina Promo has a release date of Dec 1 so would be legal Dec 16 in time for san jose under either system.

Second I think the new system for promos can be broken down as such

if release is on 1st Saturday through 3rd Thursday, legal on 3rd Friday.

if release is on 3rd Saturday through 1st Thursday, legal on 1st Friday.

Actually, I think that if Snorlax-GX has a release date of December 14th, it should be legal December 16th, the third Friday of December. December has five Fridays, so it would seem a little sooner.

But yeah, this probably won't apply till Sun and Moon release.

Is the Snorlax GX box not out world wide? I saw one at my local Walmart when I was there just this saturday.
It won't affect the legality date either way, but the Snorlax GX box isn't out worldwide; it's not released in the UK (and possibly the rest of Europe) until the 10th of January.

Back