• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Passimian/Mew Team Play-deck

Oh_Look1999

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
3 Mew
4 Passimian
1 Oranguru
2 Shaymin-EX

T/T/S/S:
1 Town Map
1 Special Charge
1 Escape Rope
1 Float Stone
3 Revive
3 Acro Bike
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Nest Ball
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Puzzle Of Time
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 N
1 Olympia
2 Lysandre
2 Teammates
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Skyfield

Energy:
  1. 4 Double Colourless Energy

The strategy of this deck is to fast setup with the help of various trainer and do 130 damage with 1 DCE if u have 4 passimian on the bench

Hmmm... what would you do if you prize 2 or more passimians? I don't think Town Map has any actual use here, why not use Rotom Dex?

Town map is a great card, probably a must in this deck. I played it twice this weekend and went 1 and 1. It's not a top tier deck but it's not awful.

Town map is a great card, probably a must in this deck. I played it twice this weekend and went 1 and 1. It's not a top tier deck but it's not awful.
Not really a must, I'd like to know what it could possible help you if you prize like 2 or 3 passimians, your damage would be so low you couldn't possible KO anything to get the prized passimians.
Rotom Dex in the other hand would help you much more in this kind of case since you would shuffle your prize with your deck.

I think the prize issue is the reason I don't think this deck could ever be more than a "fun" deck. If you prize even one of these, it drops your damage output from 130 to 100 (assuming you are attacking with mew). While you might be able to get additional boosts in order to take that first prize (Fighting Fury Belt, Professor Kukui, other random boosts), you are still likely behind the prize trade early.

Dunno, it looks like an interesting deck and I did, in fact, lose to it while I was playing my own "fun" deck. I don't think I would struggle with it at all playing any of my good decks. Honestly, it looks like a less effective "round" deck. It certainly felt like it while I was playing against it.

I think the prize issue is the reason I don't think this deck could ever be more than a "fun" deck. If you prize even one of these, it drops your damage output from 130 to 100 (assuming you are attacking with mew). While you might be able to get additional boosts in order to take that first prize (Fighting Fury Belt, Professor Kukui, other random boosts), you are still likely behind the prize trade early.

Dunno, it looks like an interesting deck and I did, in fact, lose to it while I was playing my own "fun" deck. I don't think I would struggle with it at all playing any of my good decks. Honestly, it looks like a less effective "round" deck. It certainly felt like it while I was playing against it.
I agree on the notion that it is a less effective "Round" deck. Round, at the very least, had the ability to play multiple copies of things with "Round" in it. That's what made the deck playable, especially in a format built for speed and damage (as 2012-2013 really was). Unfortunately, without the ability to play more than 4 Passimian (realistically), this deck will never be looking to OHKO EX Pokemon, which is already an initial issue.

That said, because your goal is to 2HKO instead of OHKO or, at a minimum, set up a KO with Passimian, the deck can be structured more towards that instead. I would love to see this be less revolved around Passimian as the Main Wincon and have it as a Starting Attacker instead, playing something like Raichu or even Vespiquen alongside it. Heck, with Raichu, you have really good coverage (Raichu deals pretty well with Yveltal-EX, Passimian hurts Darkrai a lot, etc etc.) and they have inherent synergy (both use DCE, both need things on the Bench, Raichu has Free Retreat, etc.).

Still, that aside, Acro Bike feels like a mistake in here. You want to save Revives as a utility card and not force plays with it. The low number of N is really bad because N not only helps you replenish your hand early on, it slows your opponent down which, as stated earlier, is important due to the fact that you will most likely not be OHKOing anything relevant in this upcoming Format. I also feel like you should be running 2 Switch or 2 Float Stone in general. Having 1 Float Stone is very awkward and really doesn't help much consistency-wise. Retreating is important and considering you shouldn't be using Energy to Retreat Passimian, I really do feel this change would serve you better in the long-run. Finally, I would advise you play Special Charge at 2. I say this because with how often you probably expect Passimian to die, having more potential DCE to play with is crucial. After all, not being able to come back in to a game means you lose.

So, TL;DR:
-3 Acro Bike
-1 Teammates
+2 N
+1 Float Stone or -1 Float/+2 Switch
+1 Special Charge

I went ahead and opted to drop a Teammates because 2 is a clunky number considering you are also playing 4 VS Seeker. That said, any card will do to even out your deck to 60 cards once more. Just be wary of consistency when you make changes and you should be okay.

I hope this has helped and if you have any questions, let us know.

-Asmer

Having only 4 DCE bothers me about this list. I run a version utilizing Strong Energies and extra damage with Bursting Balloon. Bursting Balloons in this deck seem really clutch since it forces your opponent to either knock themselves out or spending a turn with Lysandre. Dragonite EX is clutch in this deck as well. I realize that running Strong Energies seems inconsistent with Mew's in the deck, however you shouldn't be afraid to start with a Passimian since his first attack essentially swings for 50 damage for only 1 Strong Energy.

1 Mew EX
2 Mew
2 Shaymin EX
4 Passimian
1 Dragonite EX

4 Sycamore
2 N
1 Kukui
1 Hex
2 Lysandre
1 Teammates
3 Ultra Ball
2 Nest Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
3 Revive
2 Fury Belts
3 Bursting Balloons
1 Super Rod
1 Eco Arm
1 Special Charge
1 Parallel City
2 Sky Field

4 Strong Energy
4 Double Colorless
4 Fighting Energy

Last edited:
Have you considered Rotom Dex it allows you to retreive prized passimians without having to take any prizes

I have a deck that uses Tauros GX, Which is useful, and also the new Tapu Koko promo. The koko gets out the extra necessary damage early one so the lower amounts of damage from Passimian and mew KO your opponents

Not really a must, I'd like to know what it could possible help you if you prize like 2 or 3 passimians, your damage would be so low you couldn't possible KO anything to get the prized passimians.
Rotom Dex in the other hand would help you much more in this kind of case since you would shuffle your prize with your deck.
I have played this deck, you will NEVER prize 3 passimians, 2 at the very most, and town map would help you find them. This is just a decklist though, and if you feel you need Rotom Dex, by all means, use Rotom Dex. :)

I have played this deck, you will NEVER prize 3 passimians, 2 at the very most, and town map would help you find them. This is just a decklist though, and if you feel you need Rotom Dex, by all means, use Rotom Dex. :)

I thought this once with my Ray Eels deck. Then I prized 3 eels in a tournament and lost because of it. It sucked hard. Not saying Rotom Dex is a great idea. Just saying that prize issue really can happen LOL!

Back