News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

WPM said:
Bruxish’s “Vivid Charge” attack reveals yet another slight wording change to the English TCG. Instead of saying “Shuffle your deck afterward,” it reads, “Then, shuffle your deck.”
As far as I know, this change was already revealed––or at least, I knew about it beforehand.

I don't really have much to comment on since I don't know the full wording for the rest of the cards, but I don't think Bruxish will get much play.

I'm sorry for everyone who ends up with the Bruxish promo. The other three promos are at least somewhat playable, although the Bruxish pack may have some of the Golduck line in it.

SM10 - Shiinotic
SM11 - Bruxish
SM12 - Passimian
SM13 - Oranguru

Good thing the word changes occurs again. Afterward is deadwood word.

Oh, good. We're back to having four Black Star Promos for prerelease decks. You know. An event where you only get one of these, and it's a pain to get the others because they're obnoxiously expensive, for some reason? (I thought a decent solution was the Evolutions non-Black Star deck holos.)

When does this era of prereleases end? =|

So if I would really love 2 of them but would really hate to get one... is it worth the risk?

Pre-releases are quite a bit of fun, so I'd definitely recommend attending one. :) If you don't get the promo card you'd prefer, you can always try and trade after the matches are done!

EDIT: since the original time of me posting this, a few more cards have been added which I have some thoughts about (just 3 pokemon and some trainers). Firstly, Skarmory. The ability to discard ALL special energy cards in play at once is something we've never seen before (to my recollection), but I don't think it'll see too much play. Also, although Poliwrath isn't all that good, having another water type frog with an attack named "quaking punch" is cool, especially since it doesn't lock out items. Lastly, Oranguru in-game counterpart Passimian, is also a very very cool card. Although it can't be splashed in decks on its own, I'm actually looking forward to trying a deck, possibly in expanded rather than standard (for laserbank), with just 4 Passimian and some Shaymin. With 4 copies of max elixir, this could allow you to attach a strong energy and a fighting energy in one turn, with 4 Passimian on the bench, Passimian's attack will do 130 damage, +20 damage for strong energy bumps it up to 150, +30 for laser + virbank = the MAGIC 180. Of course, there is always cards like Giovanni's Scheme and Regirock EX, and in expanded, there's an even greater arsenal of cards like Muscle Band, Focus Sash, Fighting Stadium, Korrina, Lucario EX (as a secondary attacker and draw support), and as previously mentioned, Laserbank. It's hard to say whether Passimian can work well and consistently, as there is always the danger of prizing a Passimian, however, I feel that it'll have the ability to get consistent 2hko's, and the occasional 1-shot as well, so I will without a doubt be giving the deck a try. Lastly, I am glad to see a Pokemon Catcher reprint (and great ball / pokeball i guess... yay?). Two more things I would've liked to see in this set (and hopefully the next set), are VS Seeker (although we don't absolutely need a reprint, we'e survived in the past without this card, and we can surely do it again), and Double Dragon Energy (a card absolutely essential for any Dragon type). Hopefully, TPCI will do these two cards justice.

Don't know if someone told you already, but you can't have 4 on the bench and attack with another one, only if you put Mew and Mew-EX in there and they can not hold any strong energies. Sorry for crushing your dreams, I think the best partner for this is Raichu.

Yes!! I'm so happy with this change. I hated the old "his or her" wording; it was clunky and less inclusive of nonbinary genders. Pokemon is a game that's supposed to be inclusive, right? I was waiting for this change so I'm glad to see it. Well done TPCi, for all of my gripes with you, I'll pat your back for this one here.

Sorry to break your party here, but I'm afraid that find less likely to have that change being up due to identity politics that the progressives love to march on these days...

Still, a welcomed change. The former formula was a bit clunky to read.

Don't know if someone told you already, but you can't have 4 on the bench and attack with another one, only if you put Mew and Mew-EX in there and they can not hold any strong energies. Sorry for crushing your dreams, I think the best partner for this is Raichu.

Oh my, you are right, I guess that's kind of a shame. Nonetheless, its still a cool card. Oranguru is still exciting though, as well as Sun and Moon as a whole :D

I get the sour feeling that Golduck, which I'm interested in, will be in the Bruxish kit lmao

I remember the changes to Pokemon TCG way back since HGSS:
HGSS - removing the level from the Pokemon
BW - "This Pokemon" changes. From "Discard an energy attached to Raichu" to "Discard an energy attached to this Pokemon".
XY - Getting rid of the "Defending Pokemon" in most card effects to avoid confusion.
SM - the " their" changes and omitting the "afterward" word in shuffling your deck effect. That word seems confusing to some players.

I am willing to invest in twenty Oranguru cards as soon as they release. One thing I learned from a hard to find necessity card like Shaymin is, it is definitely worth spending a large sum of currency because the buyer is definitely going to make a return! :D However, if Oranguru is ubiquitous and an easy to find card, the price will never go above twenty dollars per card. However, if you have a rare holo "Shaymin", the latter outcome will probably not happen. By the way, is there any way I can find out the print rate of a card in general? That would be a very useful tool for a Pokemon investor. :rolleyes:

I don't get why Oranguru is so hyped up.... It's not even that good, it's a worse version of Octillery

I don't get why Oranguru is so hyped up.... It's not even that good, it's a worse version of Octillery

Two very specific reasons:
1. Oranguru has a decent attack and, more importantly, is a Basic Pokemon. Octillery is not and while Octillery draws 5 Cards as compared to 3, it's the whole "Shaymin-EX vs Octillery" argument sans the numbers of cards drawn. They simply do different things for different decks.
2. Oranguru is a brand new toy for people to play with. It's currently going to be cheaper than Shaymin-EX and takes up less room than Octillery (when compared to consistency... obviously 2 Remoraid and 2 Octillery = 4 Oranguru in physical card copies). This is important because for brews that can use their whole hand in a turn, Oranguru is going to be very good. It is also a better top deck than Octillery for the simple fact that it is a Basic Pokemon (as stated above).

What I like about the card most is that it actually has a fairly decent attack. It's nice knowing that a utility card can fight back, at least in my opinion.

-Asmer

By the way, is there any way I can find out the print rate of a card in general? That would be a very useful tool for a Pokemon investor. :rolleyes:

You probably should invest in something that retains value artificially through a financial institution instead of a children's card game. :p

Yeah that would work better... Although there is a market for cards and the average Pokemon TCG player is 13-18...

Back