News 'M Camerupt-EX and M Sharpedo-EX Premium Collections' in April!

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Being after we move into the SM era, I wonder will these be printed as XY promos or SM promos? I would've assumed the latter, but that means when the format rotates into Sun & Moon onwards there's still EXs in a GX format.

Chika

Golden Hearted
Huh... what? But why? Does this mean I can still have hope for getting M Banette and Sableye...?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I hope this means they will be making boxes for all the other neglected megas.
I'm really hoping for Mega Medicham and Mega Pinsir.

Last edited:

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, I think I know where these come from... Don't you remember that there will be a Best of XY Pack in Japan in April? While most cards might be reprints, it may also have new cards, like the Premium Champion Pack. I think these 2 megas might come from that special set.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Is there a list of which Megas that have not gotten an EX yet? My memory isn't the best but I'm pretty sure nearly all of them got a card.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Is there a list of which Megas that have not gotten an EX yet? My memory isn't the best but I'm pretty sure nearly all of them got a card.

Pinsir, Medicham, Banette, Sableye, Abomasnow, (Sharpedo and Camerupt), Latias and Lopunny all don't have mega evolution cards yet

WastedSkyPirate

The announcement of these boxes feels really strange to me.

We're on the cusp of moving to Sun & Moon, where we already know EXs will not be printed (at least not in the first set), and the game is moving away from the Mega Evolution mechanic. Why, oh why then are we getting new Mega Pokemon EX introduced as late as April?!

On the one hand I'm happy because I had previously wanted Sharpedo and Camerupt to get their Megas but, on the other hand, I was looking forward to the new GX Pokemon being given room to develop.

Who knows - maybe the new Megas will be bad and no one will play them? Let's wait and see.

@MarshalBry makes a very good point; will these Promos have XY or SM borders?

Last edited:

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
Why not just make them RS-style Exs if they're going to keep printing cards they should have moved on from

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Pinsir, Medicham, Banette, Sableye, Abomasnow, (Sharpedo and Camerupt), Latias and Lopunny all don't have mega evolution cards yet
Huh, for some reason I thought all the megas from the X&Y games had gotten EXs and all that was left were ORAS megas.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Being after we move into the SM era, I wonder will these be printed as XY promos or SM promos? I would've assumed the latter, but that means when the format rotates into Sun & Moon onwards there's still EXs in a GX format.

Yeah, I don't really care for this. From a balance standpoint, this will be a huge problem. EX Pokemon shouldn't exist in a format that is printing SM cards. Look at the disaster ancient traits were. I don't know why they feel like they need to make new mechanics and then ditch them. If they want EX Pokemon around, then make them EX and remove GX.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I'd say it took them long enough given the EXs in question were released almost (or when this comes out; over) 2 years ago, but I dunno why these weren't released sooner tbph.

gravecow

Aspiring Trainer
I'm guessing they're going to be pretty awful, so it shouldn't matter much from a balance standpoint.

Nyora

A Cat
[DCC] Shark Rampage 120+
If this attack knocks out the Defending Pokémon, this Pokémon may attack again. (You may only attack up to 3 times in this way.)

Or does 2 sound less OP?

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Because it would have been too simple to release their megas as secret rares in Double Crisis lolz.

Glad to see them coming out at all, here's hoping the others follow, especially mega Latias. I just wish they weren't coming out in fifty dollar boxes.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
This doesnt make any sense. They may as well just release them all at once in smaller boxes with 4 packs. I thought we were done with EX, meanwhile here we are with EXs that are getting released during the SM period.

TCPi you've lost me, your business model has to be the worst if you want to keep a healthy competitive scene.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I wish these promos will fill the gap of XY promos. Wait! No mention of Spirit Links?