Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE:EXCALAURA

People asked you a very simple question. You didn't answer. (If you did then point me where cause I could not find it) . You most likely scumslipped.

Yeah, please stop using EBWOP. It wasn't added to the mafia terminology thread for a reason: it's ugly and pointless. Just type edit, which is literally the first word of that acronym, and less letters.

Excal might have slipped, yeah. Probably not, it's his first game and he's inexperienced. However, quaking was overly pushy and bandwagony when he actually voted for Jesi way early on in the game:
RVS was a good start, but you've played in games before, and know how to scumhunt.

##Unvote
##Vote: PikaMasterJesi

TFP and the other inactives can wait, but you should know how to scumhunt by now. Questioning scumhunting can be used as a scumtell.
This is dumb and was riding off the pressure from Camo. Jesi didn't ask how to scumhunt, she asked what method we should use to scumhunt from here. Quaking changed what she said, and this resulted in even Jesi being confused when Vom rode on quaking's reasoning. I think quaking was trying to ride off Camo's authority and build up momentum for him to use later in the day, which was indeed correct speculation when he made this ISO:
Jesi's ISO:
Random RVS Votes.

Jesi asks about a term that hasn't come up before, nothing that's too strange.

Jesi gets back to RVS, random voting Keeper and myself.

Now things get strange. Jesi declares that RVS, our best scumhunting method early on, is over because she thinks I made a case on TFP without her posting at all, when it was just an RVS vote. This is definitely a scum tactic. It gets scummier though. After Camo and me call Jesi out for trying to prematurely end RVS, she makes a huge backpedal and goes back to RVS.

While this post may seem to be more backpeddling and RVS, it becomes a lot more important in a sec.

Here's some fluff unrelated to the game, with some lies sprinkled in because Jesi just admitted that she was capable of scumhunting! For reference,

I would also like to point that in the game that was referenced here, EM was scum, so Jesi lied here hardcore!

A wild fluff post appeared!

Jesi lies again, with post 108 as reference.

Now Jesi is making excuses for wanting to skip RVS and getting defensive.
TLDR on Jesi:
-Wanting skip RVS
-Lying about being unable to scumhunt
-Posting some fluff
-Backpedalling
-Getting defensive (minor point)

Even though my vote's already on Jesi,
##Vote: PikaMasterJesi
Jesi already explained why she was confused, and it's easy to empathise with her logic. Quaking was forward with his post and phrased it like TFP was a definitive target, which isn't what occurs in RVS. Therefore, her confusion was entirely understandable, and I think both she and I read quaking's post with the same tone, the only difference in reactions was a result of experience.

Jesi's "lying", uhh, wasn't that. She never said she couldn't scuhunt, nor that she didn't know how to. She said that she didn't know what methods should be used to go about scumhunting in this circumstance, which considering her only experience with D1 RVS in a town vs mafia setting was her first game, is totally logical. She's played 2 games guys. Most of these players are closer to 2 years, so we still need to cut her some slack! This is also only her second town vs mafia because Splatoon was off-piste.

And EM being scum in that game would explain why Jesi thought you were making a legit case. After all, similar logic had worked before, right?

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: quakingpunch73. You are reaching and you are riding off of the pressure of Camo, which is overly manipulative for a townie.

Pika doesn't really read scum to me at the moment.

It definitely seems possible that Excal could have scumslipped, since he's been avoiding questions about it.

Yeah, please stop using EBWOP. It wasn't added to the mafia terminology thread for a reason: it's ugly and pointless. Just type edit, which is literally the first word of that acronym, and less letters.

Excal might have slipped, yeah. Probably not, it's his first game and he's inexperienced. However, quaking was overly pushy and bandwagony when he actually voted for Jesi way early on in the game:

This is dumb and was riding off the pressure from Camo. Jesi didn't ask how to scumhunt, she asked what method we should use to scumhunt from here. Quaking changed what she said, and this resulted in even Jesi being confused when Vom rode on quaking's reasoning. I think quaking was trying to ride off Camo's authority and build up momentum for him to use later in the day, which was indeed correct speculation when he made this ISO:

Jesi already explained why she was confused, and it's easy to empathise with her logic. Quaking was forward with his post and phrased it like TFP was a definitive target, which isn't what occurs in RVS. Therefore, her confusion was entirely understandable, and I think both she and I read quaking's post with the same tone, the only difference in reactions was a result of experience.

Jesi's "lying", uhh, wasn't that. She never said she couldn't scuhunt, nor that she didn't know how to. She said that she didn't know what methods should be used to go about scumhunting in this circumstance, which considering her only experience with D1 RVS in a town vs mafia setting was her first game, is totally logical. She's played 2 games guys. Most of these players are closer to 2 years, so we still need to cut her some slack! This is also only her second town vs mafia because Splatoon was off-piste.

And EM being scum in that game would explain why Jesi thought you were making a legit case. After all, similar logic had worked before, right?

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: quakingpunch73. You are reaching and you are riding off of the pressure of Camo, which is overly manipulative for a townie.

Adding to this, at the point of quaking's post, Pika hadn't backpedalled, from as far as I can tell.

Right now, I'm fine with my vote where it is.

o.o;

Town don't need to remember how to scumhunt.

I don't understand, what do you mean?

I don't understand, what do you mean?
Why does town need to "remember" how to scum hunt? The only time when someone needs to "remember" how to scum hunt is when that someone is mafia having to remember how they scumhunt as town.

So I went through and looked through everything, but I didn't really see much that was worth commenting on since it's all mostly just vote posts with little to no additional points added. I found a few things, though, which are here:

2) I might have lied, but I can tell you it wasn't intentional.
1) I was trying to be as honest as possible. I did forget how to.

I threw myself into a mess and it looks like it's gonna be hard to get out of it at this stage. However, I feel I will be able to prove why I'm not a good lynch candidate for today.

Great, now I'm confusing myself. I did not lie about forgetting how to scumhunt, I promise you that.

These statements directly contradict themselves because Jesi goes from admitting to have lied, to backpedalling and saying she never lied.

Why would a new town player refuse to answer who told him to contribute ? Yes, there are other potential reasons, but it is more likely that he scumslipped and that his scumbuddies told him that.

The case on ExcalAura4D is extremely weak and barely constitutes as a case; moreso as an attempt to get pressure off of her and onto someone who perhaps won't know how to respond due to this being their first game and conveniently giving her an opportunity. Jesi is starting to panic already, even though she's nowhere near the majority, which is not a good sign for her.

Why do you think it is so weak?

These statements directly contradict themselves because Jesi goes from admitting to have lied, to backpedalling and saying she never lied.

This backpedal was made after the fact that you called her out for it. The only way this could be relevant would be if you told her to backpedal and accidentally commented on it too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back