Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

Purrloin

Neglected Pokémon

Not all Pokémon are treated alike by TPC. Some have to wait years between card prints, while others seem to appear in nearly every set (Charizard pls...). Let’s discuss this sad fate!

@Frost has created a spreadsheet tracking the latest prints of Pokémon! Check it out on Google Sheets here!

Last edited:

Purrloin

Well, it's been nearly seven long years, but Omastar was just revealed for the next set. Considering its ability allows you to search for Restored Pokemon, will we also be seeing Kabutops again at long last?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Aipom and Ambipom has been gone for a while too. Last set they were printed in was Dragons Exhalted, if I remember correctly. I would hope they would get a print soon, since I find them really adorable! :3

Purrloin

Welp, with the reveal of Fossil Excavation Kit, it's been confirmed that Kabuto/Kabutops will also be returning! I'm honestly feeling pretty nostalgic because I've used two Kabutops cards in the past (Kabutops-ex in Sandstorm, and Delta Species Kabutops from Holon Phantoms). With a quick way to get fossils in your hand, it won't be such a cumbersome deck, so here's to hoping Kabutops is useful. :3 (Though I'll probably use it even if it's not.)

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
I understand the reasoning behind neglecting baby Pokemon cards as they would essentially be the weakest in any given set. I'm a collector first and foremost so I would welcome any baby Pokemon cards at all. I don't see much point in printing completely useless cards that never see TCG play so I'm all for giving underdog Pokemon interesting abilities that give them a chance, even if they're only used in fun decks.

Other Pokemon I feel haven't been seen enough/or are always complete poo:

- Mankey & Primeape
- Koffing/Weezing
- Rotom (different applicances)

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Also missing...

Onix / Steelix (PLF)
Delibird (BCR)
Latios (PLF)
Turtwig (PLS)
Chimchar (PLS)
Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit (PBL)

Purrloin

Also missing...
Latios (PLF)
Latios got an EX (+ Promo EX), Mega, and was in the Legendary Collection as a full-art. :p I think he's okay for now.

The others on your list, though, would be nice to see. I'd like to see a Mega Steelix someday soon.

DPL

Aspiring Trainer
Kadabra - Hasn't been printed since Skyridge. Due to legal reasons won't see it anytime soon.
Bonsly - Only 1 card in English has been released.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
As someone said, Smeargle. People I know have stacks and stacks of their favorite mon in a dozen languages. My Smeargle stack is small in comparison. So, despite being reprinted, still neglected, still needs more reprints!
(Xerneas too. No pkyun print? gtfo)

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Until BREAKThrough, Seaking's last appearance was Supreme Victors. Lumineon only has had 3 cards total. Same with Mothim, but he hasn't been seen since Arceus. Wynaut has been missing since Diamond and Pearl base, and Armaldo was last seen in EX Legend Maker. (Please correct me if i'm wrong)

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
All pokemon that havent had pokemon cards in any XY sets
Mankey & Primeape
Abra, Kadabra
Farfetch'd
Onix & Steelix
Scyther
Ditto
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Mareep & Flaaffy
Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern & Sunflora
Delibird
Mantine
Houndour
Phanpy & Donphan
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Celebi (does have promos from xy)
Azuril
Wailmer
Zangoose (got double crisis but still)
Seviper (got double crisis but still)
Lileep & Cradily
Anorith & Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Chimecho
Wynaut
Snorunt (but got generations)
Latias
Turtwig and Chimchar line
Budew
Cranidos & Rampardos
Shieldon & Bastidon
Cherubi & Cherrim
Shellos & Gastrodon
Ambipom
Drifloon & Drifblim
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Croagunk
Carnivine
Mantyke
Froslass (but got generations)
Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf
Phione
Arceus
The Unova starters (excluding snivy line & emboar)
Throu & Sawk
Basculin
Darumaka & Darmanitan
Dwebble & Crustle
Yamask & Cofagrigus
Tirtuga & Carracosta
Archen & Archeops
Sawsbuck
Foongus & Amoongus
Klink, Klang, and Klinklang
Cryogonal
The 3 Muskateers - Virizon
Keldeo

idk if theres any kalos pokemon with no pokemon cards but ;p

Last edited:

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Alot of those have cards in the XY sets, XY promos, and/or the XY Trainer Deck set things... Also, lots of those will be in XY10. Would quote, but it's message is too long, unless it leaves spoilers out. But I appreciate the fact that someone would make a list like that. Good job. :p
EDIT: If you don't know who i'm referring to, i'm referring to Tepig4321.

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
Alot of those have cards in the XY sets, XY promos, and/or the XY Trainer Deck set things... Also, lots of those will be in XY10. Would quote, but it's message is too long, unless it leaves spoilers out. But I appreciate the fact that someone would make a list like that. Good job. :p
EDIT: If you don't know who i'm referring to, i'm referring to Tepig4321.
I mean I did mean any Pokemon excluding promos and the website I was using all the cards were anything behind Legendary Treasures (bw11)

Purrloin

Speaking of lists, would people here be interested in the spreadsheet I made listing the latest English set each Pokemon has been seen in? I could upload it to Google Docs or the like.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Speaking of lists, would people here be interested in the spreadsheet I made listing the latest English set each Pokemon has been seen in? I could upload it to Google Docs or the like.

Wynaut? Sounds like something I'd be into (and also something I would totally do haha). Send the link!

SSBBDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
Jynx needs some love up in this ...

Pls make a Jynx EX

And in sun and moon she needs to get a mega evolution in to Queen. Fatter Blacker and Prouder.

Can I getta Amen?

Purrloin

Forgive my newness but what legal reasons?
Bonsly has no legal reason against it being printed. It's just an unpopular Baby Pokemon.

Kadabra is likely based on Uri Geller, a Japanese magician, and he tried to sue Nintendo for using his likeness. Not wanting to settle, they went the ol' "cease and desist" route and haven't printed any Kadabra cards since Skyridge in 2003.