'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
"Leave both active Pokemon asleep"
Something sounds incredibly non-official about the way that effect is worded.

PkmTrainerBeezus

Aspiring Trainer
This is too contrarian for me. I don't think any of the other cards you mentioned are "sexualized," but I certainly think PCL knew exactly what they were doing when they put Skyla in this pose. I don't personally find anything wrong with her image, but let's be realistic here. They designed the card to get a reaction out of people. They're not dumb. Like ALL forms of media and entertainment, they know what sells, and they know what to play to.
You practically negated your whole argument. I quote you, "They designed the card to get a reaction out of people. They're not dumb. Like ALL forms of media and entertainment, they know what sells, " thats full support of my argument though. " PCL knew exactly what they were doing when they put Skyla in this pose" You just summed up my whole argument. Yes they know what they are doing. Yes "sex " sells. But that doesnt mean they need to put it on a darn card game card. Why does Skyla get 2 full arts? Sycamore hasnt even received one.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Hm? What do you mean? It sounds clear to me.
The best way to describe what I'm thinking is by writing out how I think it should have been worded; Once during your turn (before you attack), you may use this effect. Both Active Pokemon are now Asleep.

I know it's a very simple effect, it's written intuitively enough and you can't really abuse something like that. I just think the way they translated it sounds surprisingly conversational (and not very formal or official) for a TCG like Pokemon.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
The best way to describe what I'm thinking is by writing out how I think it should have been worded; Once during your turn (before you attack), you may use this effect. Both Active Pokemon are now Asleep.

I know it's a very simple effect, it's written intuitively enough and you can't really abuse something like that. I just think the way they translated it sounds surprisingly conversational (and not very formal or official) for a TCG like Pokemon.

Ah, just like Ariados' ability Poisonous Nest. I actually think this ability is formulated better. Its simplified, but I get where you are coming from.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I really just want to put a 1 of of slowbro in to my archies blastoise so I can be that guy. You know slowbro doesn't do anything but make sure you win the game I guess if your facing a wailord deck it might come in handy.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Judging by the way attacks and abilities are currently getting named, I fully expect the next set to contain an Electrode with the attack name "Sayonara B*tches", dealing 200 damage to itself and the opponents active pokemon

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
why is there a staryu but not a starmie in this set? very confused
PCL/TPCi does like to do that, particularly to catch up on Japanese promos. Roaring Skies had even more unevolved basics without an evolution in the set.

andrew smith

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Question about the Splash energy. Since the card will be returning to you or your opponents hand, would you or your opponent still take prize cards?
Yes defiantly, the knockout still happens.If it was the other way it would say in the text itself "your opponent does not take any prizes" But since it does not than you can assume that one would still take the prizes.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I would play Darkrai/Hypno, BUT Machamp/Ariados is way better right now(In my opinion) due to Fighting support, plus Steaming mad is better late game, especially with Heavy boots. I see Darkrai being a tech in Yveltal decks though.

BibiTotoLover

Eeveelutions, Lapras + Fairy Collector
Man, it's really been a long time since I've checked the TCG, and I'm kinda sad I fell behind so much. Not to mention I missed out on two great boxes of Mewtwo's Mega forms. :( But maybe I'll catch up a bit with this, because that Mega Gyarados Elite box is calling my name!

PatriciaWagon22

Aspiring Trainer
Nice, but there is something 'odd' that I'd like to bring up. I was at my local walmart twice and both days I saw NO BREAKpoint merchandise on the shelf, I was also at GameStop and they DID have BREAKpoint merchandise, mainly, packs, any idea what is going on with Pokemon and Walmart? Did they decide to stop stocking them or something?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Just like there are some stores that put stuff out before release date, there are other stores that don't end up getting stuff out until after. There was a store by where I used to live in the States that was notorious about not getting stuff out on time (it wasn't a Walmart though). Chances are they're either waiting for a 3rd party vendor to set things up, they're waiting for old merch to sell to make room, the boxes were misplaced or lost in the warehouse, or someone's just lazy and doesn't feel like stocking yet. :p