'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

Sevus

Aspiring Trainer
Walk-off Homer?
Baseball term, meaning a home run scored in the bottom of the ninth inning that wins the game. Since the away team no longer has the opportunity to score a run, the game is over despite the fact the inning technically isn't. So when a walk-off homer is scored, both teams quit the field. Hence, "walk-off".

DragonBattousai

Aspiring Trainer
What's the point of Espeon's EX move to devolve your opponent's Pokemon, when they will just evolve the Pokemon again on their next turn? The only thing I can think of is if the Pokemon has damage counters on it and if it devolves, it gets knocked out.

arulz

THE SEEKER
What's the point of Espeon's EX move to devolve your opponent's Pokemon, when they will just evolve the Pokemon again on their next turn? The only thing I can think of is if the Pokemon has damage counters on it and if it devolves, it gets knocked out.

Archeops evolution lock in expanded, or devolution mega Pokemon and discarding spirit links

theminelander

Aspiring Trainer
Hypno x Darkrai. Hypno puts em to sleep with his creepy phrase, then Darkrai takes over with the nightmares. This set just gets weirder and weirder.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if M-Gyarados/Palkia will have a metagame impact. Not many people have been talking about it, I guess because its so simple

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if M-Gyarados/Palkia will have a metagame impact. Not many people have been talking about it, I guess because its so simple

Wouldn't P Kyogre/Palkia/Manaphy be a better combo? i just feel the side effect of M Gyarados too uncontrollable

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
This entire set seems so good. I just home I can build a deck around Espeon and maybe a deck with Raticate

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
goodnight babies... lol talk about creepy! what about ho-oh bats i think it might be good, due to the ability to heal, and that it can attack the bench, so if the active is already knocked out use bats on the bench, then use ho oh to attack it further, but if not, than use bats on the active to dish out extra damage. i think it might have some potential with arceus promo as a seccondary attacker with 140 damage with a band, and 160/170 with bats.
EDIT: Depending what I pull at the pre release/what I can trade for I might make a darkrai hypno all night party deck... Love that ability name tho lol

Icarus

Don't call me Pit.
"Goodnight, Babies"-?
Sorry if I don't find that as bada-- as the rest of you, but it sounds like a pretty lame translation to me.
Couldn't it be "Torment Sleep" or something along those lines-?

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Am I the only one who thinks that the darkrai artwork looks kinda "off"? I don't know why, but it just kinda looks weird imo

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Can Greninja BREAK be placed on Greninja EX?
Unfortunately it can not. it would be quite powerful I imagine :D A stage Pokemon always particularly states what it can evolve from. If a Pokémon evolves from an EX (which only Mega Evolution and Primal Pokemon can do currently) it says ''evolves from -name- EX''

Otaku

The wise fool?
Can Greninja BREAK be placed on Greninja EX?
Unfortunately it can not. it would be quite powerful I imagine :D A stage Pokemon always particularly states what it can evolve from. If a Pokémon evolves from an EX (which only Mega Evolution and Primal Pokemon can do currently) it says ''evolves from -name- EX''

Just to be clear, the -EX in a Pokémon's name is just that: part of the card's name. As far as the game is concerned, Greninja-EX is as different from Greninja as Blastoise-EX is.