'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
that's the least they can do to make up for not giving us fan service.

Skyla isn't even sexualized in this full-art.

It's the players who are doing that. The players are the ones who need to calm down because you're gonna get good art canned if every single time you all overreact to seeing a full art of a girl. You all scream "SEXUALIZED" whenever you take a look at a female getting a full art. Because for some insane, ridiculous reason: Ya'll have never seen a woman before.

People did it when they saw the FA Juniper, people did it when they saw the FA Bianca, people did that for the very first Skyla FA, you all did it for Teammates even!

It's cute art, that's all there is...just....cripes you all need to get off a computer.

I'm excited for this, but sadly Skyla's price is going to be unjustly high.

Looking at all these rares... I'm not sure I want to even risk going to a prerelease. But I am glad there aren't any unjustly bumped rarities.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
We neeeed a full art Sycamore. He deserves it. ugh i absolutely hate that full art skyla. like seriously what is with the over sexualization of the girls in pokemon??? Calm the heck down.
I fail to see anything remotely sexual about it. She's stretching. If you think the winking could be looked at as that, you'd call that "suggestive", not sexual.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Skyla isn't even sexualized in this full-art.

It's the players who are doing that. The players are the ones who need to calm down because you're gonna get good art canned if every single time you all overreact to seeing a full art of a girl. You all scream "SEXUALIZED" whenever you take a look at a female getting a full art. Because for some insane, ridiculous reason: Ya'll have never seen a woman before.

People did it when they saw the FA Juniper, people did it when they saw the FA Bianca, people did that for the very first Skyla FA, you all did it for Teammates even!

It's cute art, that's all there is...just....cripes you all need to get off a computer.

I'm excited for this, but sadly Skyla's price is going to be unjustly high.

Looking at all these rares... I'm not sure I want to even risk going to a prerelease. But I am glad there aren't any unjustly bumped rarities.
This is too contrarian for me. I don't think any of the other cards you mentioned are "sexualized," but I certainly think PCL knew exactly what they were doing when they put Skyla in this pose. I don't personally find anything wrong with her image, but let's be realistic here. They designed the card to get a reaction out of people. They're not dumb. Like ALL forms of media and entertainment, they know what sells, and they know what to play to.

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
Raticate + Ariados maybe? With bats? Seems like it could be a fun play. Raticate + Laserbank in expanded. Mwahahaha

Electabuzz

Aspiring Trainer
Scizor and Gyarados as the centre stage Megas!? That has got me on board, looking forward to collecting this one. Another Electabuzz card is on its way too, which a bonus!

If they make the next set based around M-Alakazam and M-Beedrill I'll have no money left for the rest of the 20th anniversary year! :p

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Looking at the cards again, this could be a very playable set. At least more than BREAKThrough was.

LoveTheEspeon

One Espeon to Rule them all!
Question about the Splash energy. Since the card will be returning to you or your opponents hand, would you or your opponent still take prize cards?