Finished Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis - GAME OVER! Town Wins! Now w/ Postgame analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Celever ... please stop the RPing, it's /really/ annoying, especially after having to read 10 pages of it x_x
Besides, like some have already said, it's driving away from discussion and we may have to policy lynch instead of suspicion lynch because of it, and I'd really rather lynch people based on suspicion/slips rather than RPing.
"Golly, this sure is annoying, yup yup!"
Yup yup! IT SURE IS.

...didn't feel like reading all of your posts that were crowded with bits of "yup yup" "golly" and the like. Gets really, really annoying.

The point is, we're here to play werewolf. Werewolf. Mafia. Not a role-playing PMD game. And this is the last time I will say anything on the matter, because the simple fact that you have to keep arguing about why we should keep RP around is ridiculous and, ultimately, wrong.

Let's get back to playing the game then.

Just went through this thread... And I quoted my thoughts exactly.
But there's no need for anyone to be so serious about all of this. Stop the pointless bickering and move on, rather than continuing this argument for an eternity and beyond.
If I find anyone going on about the terrible 'crime' of role-playing after the first day, I'm instantly lynching them. Because enough is enough, and this bunch of people has gone ten times over what I'd consider as 'enough'.
I rest my case.

Celever is pushing on things that make no sense. First my "scumslip" then KoN's. Unless he can explain his reasoning in a way that makes sense there is no reason not to be voting him. This is a great lynch day one.

Celever's "playstyle" is WIFOM. Don't use that as a reason not to suspect him. I'll make a more detailed post later.
Please do now. And I don't mean this:
Celever is pushing on things that make no sense. First my "scumslip" then KoN's. Unless he can explain his reasoning in a way that makes sense there is no reason not to be voting him. This is a great lynch day one.
Let me direct everyone's attention to the area I bolded. So is almost everyone else in here, including you, Camo! It's day one, what do you expect from people? Perfect reads? From both what I've heard from everyone else AND from what I've seen, all you DO is push on things that make no sense.
*calms down*

I would like to point out that Camo makes more sense than Celever makes sense in regards to who to lynch, which is at least a start on Day 1.

Ugh. I hate being gone for the day on Day 1. So many pages to get through. >_<

Anyway, I mostly skim-read it; I'll go back and reread it in more detail later, but for now, here's what I have to comment.

As annoying as Camo's playstyle may be to deal with, he almost always gets us somewhere on D1, and usually a bit further. I don't fully agree with being that aggressive (at least, it's not a playstyle I could ever see myself using), but it's helpful. Everyone who has played at least one game with Camo, you should know this.

That said, everyone who's voting Camo on D1 and has played at least one game before that also included Camo, I'm keeping note of who you are.

Also, ##VOTE: Celever. Bidoof's a perfect safeclaim; he's like the towniest NPC (from what I understand of PMD) in the game. You're claiming that way too early; it's too good a claim to be real, and your hastiness to claim makes it even worse.

And also, please stop the RP'ing, although that's already been said. I saw no problem with it when we were signing up and before N0, but vectorised avatars should be enough for everyone.

I would like to point out that Camo makes more sense than Celever makes sense in regards to who to lynch, which is at least a start on Day 1.
Please be sure to make it clear what's opinion and what's fact. Saying what you meant there ("I agree with more of Camo's points") changes what you said entirely. After all, whether Camo or I is making better points is subjective, an example showing this can be found below (where simsands says I'm making better points than I'm being given credit for).
Though, he's definitely not playing overly well for a townie, even if some points he's making are better than you guys are giving him credit for.
I feel like at least one of the oppressors (Camo, Luis, KoN) are also scum. I'm pretty sure one of them would have posted in a scum QT saying "hey guys, there's a real opportunity to make them fail at Day 1 if we set up an argument here!".

I also definitely think that bb could be scum for trying to take town cred for "stopping the argument" when I'd stopped it several posts earlier. I've noted it down.
What was KoN's scumslip? I've never claimed that KoN has slipped.

I've got a few mins to post, from what I've read, Celever has been scummiest but personally I still town read him amongst his scumminess due to the reasons I stated earlier.

Those saying that the people shutting down role playing are scum are wrong, it's hardly Scummy.

Bb has been a lot quieter than the usual active self that he is, though I can't vouch for his real life schedule
for the sake of voting:
##AussieAssault: @bbninjas

Please be sure to make it clear what's opinion and what's fact. Saying what you meant there ("I agree with more of Camo's points") changes what you said entirely. After all, whether Camo or I is making better points is subjective, an example showing this can be found below (where simsands says I'm making better points than I'm being given credit for).
That's fair. Restated; I feel like Camo is making much more sense than Celever.

Bb has been a lot quieter than the usual active self that he is, though I can't vouch for his real life schedule
for the sake of voting:
##AussieAssault: @bbninjas
Are you saying you want me to post mindless banter? :p

In the games, Bidoof always says "yup, yup" at the end of his sentences. I assume that is where TGK made the connection (I personally did myself when I read it). Shoutout to Athena's PMD Playthrough for that knowledge. :p

facedesk.jpg

So we can say that TGK is probably town if Celever will be lynched and flip scum. I don't see a reason for TGK to reveal his scum buddy.

Celever's flipped his role not once but 3 times in different posts not to mention all the "yup yup" content which after bb's post I understand that it is connected to the PMD Bidoof.
Such a mistake is weird and I can't see if it can tell Celever is scum or not. Mostly because he did a similar mistake last game.

Ice Espeon
Vom
Cypher333
GM Draclord
Yeowie

I want to see more of the above 5 players. I don't believe IE has posted yet, and the others have only posted once p sure.
Those saying that the people shutting down role playing are scum are wrong, it's hardly Scummy.
I don't think that anyone who has shut down RP is scum because they shut down RP. I think that there is scum among the three I mentioned (Camo, KoN and Luis) because they instigated an argument, using the RP as an excuse to do so.
Ugh. I hate being gone for the day on Day 1. So many pages to get through. >_<

Anyway, I mostly skim-read it; I'll go back and reread it in more detail later, but for now, here's what I have to comment.

As annoying as Camo's playstyle may be to deal with, he almost always gets us somewhere on D1, and usually a bit further. I don't fully agree with being that aggressive (at least, it's not a playstyle I could ever see myself using), but it's helpful. Everyone who has played at least one game with Camo, you should know this.

That said, everyone who's voting Camo on D1 and has played at least one game before that also included Camo, I'm keeping note of who you are.

Also, ##VOTE: Celever. Bidoof's a perfect safeclaim; he's like the towniest NPC (from what I understand of PMD) in the game. You're claiming that way too early; it's too good a claim to be real, and your hastiness to claim makes it even worse.

And also, please stop the RP'ing, although that's already been said. I saw no problem with it when we were signing up and before N0, but vectorised avatars should be enough for everyone.
This is incredibly flawed logic and one which I can mainly see a scum thinking of. Assessing every role name to figure out whether it would be a good safeclaim or not doesn't make any sense, since the host will intentionally put strong town characters and weaker town characters on both factions. Plus, who would you have not said was a good safe claim? Chatot, Wigglytuff, any other guild members (those that come to head being Sunflora, Chimecho, Corphish, Croagunk, Loudred, Diglett) and even some townspeople like Ursaring and Kecleon would all be totally ideal for a safe claim. As such, I think possibly two of these characters will be safeclaims for the scum, the rest are town. Then the scum will have one or two new made up characters as safeclaims and then one townsmember (assuming a scum size of 5, which seems sensible to me). Speculation about safeclaims is pointless right now, anyway.

And I always flavour claim early. That's just my playstyle. Unless my role is hella good and hinted at in my flavour I don't tend to keep it under covers, though that sorta makes it obvious when I do have a good role :p.

So we can say that TGK is probably town if Celever will be lynched and flip scum. I don't see a reason for TGK to reveal his scum buddy.

Celever's flipped his role not once but 3 times in different posts not to mention all the "yup yup" content which after bb's post I understand that it is connected to the PMD Bidoof.
Such a mistake is weird and I can't see if it can tell Celever is scum or not. Mostly because he did a similar mistake last game.
I already addressed this. I was intending on hinting strongly at the role and having fun through imitating Bidoof's dialect (which is apparently a criminal offence given the countless cases against me that have stemmed from it). I just accidentally said *Bidoof does x* instead of *I do x* and townslipped :p. It happens to the, uh, worst of us :\

Once my role name is already out there there's no reason to try and hide it again. Scum will have a post about it in their QT and everyone's now kept a mental note of it, just in case I claim later into the game under a totally different species. :p

I don't understand a word of it, there are much votes on celever but he said that he is Bidoof. And Bidoof is a good guy in the game, am i right?

If a player "townslip" by his RP, another can scumslip by his RP. In other words, there is no impact on the game whatsoever as every player can scumslip, accidentally reveal his/her role or appear scummy, regardless of said player being roleplaying or not. If someone's going to scumslip and tell it is part of his/her roleplay, I am not going to believe him as you cannot control on what you slip and determent that you only slip things when you are not roleplaying.
@scattered mind, this is a wholly serious post now. What did you mean in this post? At the time, I thought you meant my accidentally claiming Bidoof, and I still suspect that's what you were referring to. As such, all these questions about what happened with my claiming is either dumbtelling or following orders from your QT to try and incarcerate me, both of which would mean you're mafia. Care to explain?

I don't understand a word of it, there are much votes on celever but he said that he is Bidoof. And Bidoof is a good guy in the game, am i right?

Just because Celever said he was Bidoof doesn't mean he is actually Bidoof. Bidoof could be his actual role (meaning he is town), his safeclaim (meaning he is scum) or just a random Pokemon he chose (meaning he could be either town or scum).

Sorry for not posting, I left home at 8am and got back at 10pm. Really long day.

scattered probably says that whether or not they're roleplaying, a player can slip. He can roleplay as a possible townie role and still make a mistake. It's a pro-RP argument that I wouldn't mind calmly discussing with them over a cup of cybernetic coffee, but right now I'd rather not since I'd prefer to leave the RP discussion in the previous pages.

##UNVOTE: thegrovylekid

Thank you for stopping RP'ing, it really makes our life easier. Also, thanks @TheFlyingPidove .

Not so much thank you at Celever, since part of his arguments was in the code of PMD's most annoying character, but it also seems to have stopped, so I guess it's OK on that part for me.

I'm gonna exclude one person from the scum list for starters, and that's gonna be mordacazir. He's so obviously clueless town I doubt he's actually faking it.

Also Camoclone you're first "random vote" was on a town player and so was it last game so I'm currently suspicious of you more than others.
This post bothers me. Camo's first vote was indeed on dos, but replying like this... well, it just seems quite weird. A random vote that changed within two posts should bring up a joke response, a single-word response, no response... but not this. "No, I'm town and you're scummy for voting me"? For an obviously random vote that lasted two posts?

Camoclone I can't really judge as much as I'd wanted, thanks to the whole RP'ing argument. Most of his posts were his classic one-liners (which are about as annoying as having to read through gollies, you should really consider making more actual posts Camo), stating that RPers should be lynched. Couldn't agree more, but I can't discern much from it.

Celever now. "Slipping" by revealing his role as Bidoof seems... quite silly, frankly. Bidoof's speech pattern is so annoying (or cute/funny/w/e, not gonna assault your opinions on this) that most people who have played PMD can instantly recognize it. Going for something a bit more subtle, like Sunflora's "Oh my gosh" would have been more likely, since that quote can actually fit a bit more and could actually have a small chance to stay unnoticed, at least for a couple pages (still a small chance). Celever however, didn't heavily hint on Bidoof, he was so obvious he could as well have posted it on reddit for everyone to see. And he picked Bidoof of all characters to do such an obvious imitation. Bidoof, the innocent rookie who is glad he is actually useful once in a blue moon. Surely, such a thing would never be scum now, would it?

The problem I find with my own argument is that I actually believe Celever capable of doing this detrimental move just because he thought it would be funny. It's entirely likely that he didn't give a moment's thought about how good of a safeclaim Bidoof could be or how obvious RP'ing Bidoof is and just went for it because he could.

Nobody has claimed Bidoof, so it's quite possible that Celever is telling the truth about who he is. Still not sure about what he is though. Seeing as this is WW, it's entirely possible that Bidoof, bored with always being the village idiot, finally decides to step up and take a mean revenge on all those who have laughed at him. Or it's a safe claim (unlikely, I'd expect Bidoof to be a role, but still) and Celever uses it to promote his Day 1 flavor claim, which I wonder how many games it will take for him to realize is a bad move (I'd write a paragraph explaining why claiming is worse the earlier it is in the game, but that's not the topic) and appear townie. Or he simply did what I fear he did, a pointless and completely unprovoked mistake, and he's a townie.

It turns into the typical Day 1 Celever lynch, but there are so many things wrong with this reveal that I can't drop it entirely on Celever making bad plays.

##VOTE: Celever

@scattered mind, this is a wholly serious post now. What did you mean in this post? At the time, I thought you meant my accidentally claiming Bidoof, and I still suspect that's what you were referring to. As such, all these questions about what happened with my claiming is either dumbtelling or following orders from your QT to try and incarcerate me, both of which would mean you're mafia. Care to explain?

I was referring to your accidentally role claim. I was commenting on Luis's post about his idea that you have claimed Bidoof and that is why RP is not good. I then said that this logic is flawed, since everyone can townslip, scumslip etc.. regardless of them being RP or not. I did not say that you have for sure townslipped. That's why I wrote "townslip" and not townslip. I never said that your slip is scummy or townie. I only said it was weird and that I don't know what to make of it as you have done a similar thing last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back