RBY 'Pokemon Red,' 'Blue,' 'Yellow' to be Released on 3DS Virtual Console!

original

This is great news, but I love to see a new game... :(
But it's clever you still can trade but then in the old games :3 Pokémon Yellow all the way!!! :D

Oh yeah, this is so awesome... I can't wait to play a freakin' outdated and slow game! This is beyong lame. Seriously, are they even planning to release a new game? What a disappointment... facepalm.

Wow. I wasn't sure this was ever going to happen but it did.

So that answers some questions about their plans for the 20th anniversary and the original games, but it opens up so many others. Is Z coming later since we have RBY to bide our time? Will they make sequels to RBY since the originals are accessible now? What does this mean for future remakes?

Wow that's incredible, yesterday I was killing time playing the TCG for GameBoy on my 3DS' Virtual Console and I was thinking that it could be cool to be able to play Red/Blue/Yellow on the 3DS, and now boom, this comes reality :D

Ok, now I'll start to think about the new games, so maybe they'll announce 'em soon :''''D

I was just discussing this with a few friends and I said how Nintendo would make money hand-over-fist if they released the classic Pokemon games on the 3DS Virtual Console.

I'm going to purchase all three of these games and play them; and just get lost in the nostalgia. Partying like it's 1999 all over again.

I've been waiting for this day for quite a while; and it's finally time.

Now to wait until they release Gold, Silver and Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console. Which I think is a pretty safe bet; because I just know the virtual copies of Red, Blue and Yellow will sell like hotcakes.

ABOUT DAMN TIME, really X3 I got the original games, but I don't really wanna restart them, one of them's complete Dex wise

Very interesting. However, I would have wished for FR/LG with the wireless function instead, but this very neath though.

Wow, good in The Pokemon Company and Game Freak to go back on their earlier opinions of whether or not these games should come to the eshop. They were very against the idea due to the nature of the games and them wanting to keep the games in cartridge form to preserve the aesthetic and appeal of link trading between gameboys.

Glad to see them succumb to fan demand and lose a little of my respect. These games are fine, but this is unnecessary and they should stay in the past where they belong.

*disappointing slow clap*

I can't be the only one who thought about this (apologies if I overlooked the answers) - but what about:
1) Special Attack/Special Defense being separate stats?
2) Dark/Steel/Fairy type Pokemon and moves?
3) Abilities?
4) Type effectiveness (e.g. Bug weak to Poison, etc.)?
5) In-game calculations (e.g. critical hits, etc.)?
6) Pikachu being fat?
7) Dragonite using Agility and Barrier perpetually against your lesser-level Venomoth while it dies from Poison Powder?
7) MORE!

Back