Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Have a General Forum Question? Ask the Staff Here!

45090323edbf1bf8670e138f9655d33ae3f6c376_00.gif

A few guidelines so that you have the best question-asking experience! ;-)

--- Be sure that you ask a question, and not make a statement. Don't jump to conclusions!
--- You can show your gratitude to a staff member by thanking them in advance, liking their answer post, or saying thank you on their profile.
--- Please don't post answers if you are not currently a staff member. This is to avoid any misinformation.
--- Feel free to bring your question to a specific mod/staff member's attention if you think they know the answer by tagging them. (Ex: @Shining Raikou)
--- The place to report concerns about technical issues with the forums/websites/chat/etc is also here.​

Make sure that you also check the Frequently Asked Questions compilation below, as your question may already be answered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shining Raikou

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I do ___________ using BBcode syntax?
A: You can find a list of BBcode that is compatible with the forums here, such as spoiler and strikethrough tags.

Q: How do I mark all threads in each forum as “read”?

A: If you visit the Recent Post page, you'll find the option on the top right corner (above the yellow-orange bar).

Q: I don’t like my username anymore. Can I change it?

A: Username changes aren’t possible at this point in time, due to conflicts with the forum system.

Q: My date of birth is incorrect! Who do I contact?
A: Contact a super moderator or administrator via a Private Message, and they will update your details for you.

Q: What are the rules on the usage of profanities?
A: As PokeBeach is a PG-13 forum, mild and moderate profanities are permissible, although should not be used excessively. Slurs and similar derogatory labels are not permissible, and using profanities of any intensity to flame or slander another person will result in a warning. (See the Forum Rules for more information.)

Q: What are the rules on signatures?
A: Signatures should be within the dimensions 680 x 250 pixels. Signatures may include .GIFs, however excessive use of images in your signature will cause it to be deleted.

Q: What are the rules on bumping old threads?
A: Threads that have not seen any new posts for over two weeks may only be bumped if that post adds new and relevant information to the thread. Posts that unnecessarily bump threads will be deleted.

Q: Who can I contact if I’ve encountered a problem with my premium subscription?
A: It’s best if you contact Water Pokemon Master directly. You can send him a Private Message, or use one of the avenues listed on the site’s Contact Us page.

Q: I have come across a technical site- or chat-related error. Where do I report it?
A: Glitches and errors should be reported in this thread, or reported directly to a staff member. Please provide as much information as possible so that we can fix the error, including when and how the error occured, any screenshots (if applicable) and the browser that was in use.

Q: I’m trying to use the spoiler tags, but when I post, the tag splits into two spoilers instead of one. [example]
A: This glitch is the side-effect of weird or superfluous code wrapped around the SPOILER tag in a post , typically faced by those who use complicated text formatting, and add and remove code using the default “Rich Text Editor” mode. Specifically, code that begins outside the spoiler must end outside the spoiler, and same for code that is inside the spoiler. [example] It is good practice to check for invisible, superfluous code located in a post via the “BBcode Editor” mode. If you’re still stuck, contact a moderator.

Q: I’m interested in joining the forum staff team! How do I apply?
A: We are always looking for fresh faces to join the team! You can submit an application for this voluntary position via this form. If your application is successful, Shining Raikou or Juliacoolo will contact you to arrange an instant message text interview on Discord.

Q: I’ve got an idea for a new feature or project! Who can I contact?
A: Let the Super Moderators and Admins know via a Private Message, and we'll see what we can do. We are always keen to hear your new ideas, but as general rule there are no guarantees, since current projects may take priority. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
When you hover over the words in the header bar, you get a drop-down menu for each of them that provide links to several resources. However, the drop-down menu for Forums does not appear unless you hover over the arrow next to the word. I don't know if this is intentional or not since the menu itself is significantly smaller than any of the others, but it bothered me so I figured I should point it out for the sake of consistency.

lookathis

Aspiring Trainer
Whats Pokebeachs stance on bumping threads (Assuming the post is meaningful etc)? As I want to reply to a thread that is just over two weeks old however there isn't anything in the rules about it.

Shining Raikou

Elite Member
Advanced Member
When you hover over the words in the header bar, you get a drop-down menu for each of them that provide links to several resources. However, the drop-down menu for Forums does not appear unless you hover over the arrow next to the word. I don't know if this is intentional or not since the menu itself is significantly smaller than any of the others, but it bothered me so I figured I should point it out for the sake of consistency.

Thank you, we'll take a look at it!

Whats Pokebeachs stance on bumping threads (Assuming the post is meaningful etc)? As I want to reply to a thread that is just over two weeks old however there isn't anything in the rules about it.

If you have new information or something relevant to add to the thread, bumping a thread over 2 weeks old is fine. However, don't just bump it to say something quick and short. It needs to be a well thought out post.

How do I join an official tournament? once there is one.

Keep checking back on the front page and the PB calendar for new activities, and sign ups will be announced for them soon!

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Chat Room FAQ has inaccurate information. It says the command to change your nickname is /nickname, when it is actually /nick [nickname].

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
The new design is nice, but it is not responsive, and thus forces me to scroll left and right to view replies on posts. This is soooooo unacceptable in 2015. Are there plans to fix this issue?

To fix it, remove the fixed width of 1180px on #content and the width of 1220px on header#masthead

Last edited:

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
Are username changes still unavailable after the move to xenforo?

Why is it that I can set a signature, but not see anyone's sigs when I have viewing them enabled?

professorlight

Ice Queen
Reading about the activities it says there will be a create-a-pokemon challenge; is there any way I can participate in it as a judge or moderator for that specific contest? I proposed that some time ago for a forum game, so I would love to take part on it if it is now going to be a main feature.

Shining Raikou

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chat Room FAQ has inaccurate information. It says the command to change your nickname is /nickname, when it is actually /nick [nickname].

Thank you, we'll get that fixed right away!

The new design is nice, but it is not responsive, and thus forces me to scroll left and right to view replies on posts. This is soooooo unacceptable in 2015. Are there plans to fix this issue?

To fix it, remove the fixed width of 1180px on #content and the width of 1220px on header#masthead

I'll relay this comment to our team, and figure out a possible fix. Thanks! :)

In chat can you promote a post you did on THIS website?

As long as you don't spam it.

Are username changes still unavailable after the move to xenforo?

Why is it that I can set a signature, but not see anyone's sigs when I have viewing them enabled?

Username changes aren't available as of now, sorry!

As for signatures, it was an error from when we launched the site. We sat down tonight to work on fixing it, and it's back up now. :) Enjoy!

Reading about the activities it says there will be a create-a-pokemon challenge; is there any way I can participate in it as a judge or moderator for that specific contest? I proposed that some time ago for a forum game, so I would love to take part on it if it is now going to be a main feature.

Fill out an application here to become an activities organizer.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Can we possibly make the Skype link clickable on profiles? The Skype url should be
Code:

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
My "self-given" badges are outdated but they won't update even though I changed them on my profile?

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
I don't suppose there's a way to get back all of the stuff I had in my user notes thingy?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My "self-given" badges are outdated but they won't update even though I changed them on my profile?

It's the same for me; somehow I got stuck with a Competitive VG badge, even. :p I reported this back before the site went live, so I known it's a known bug. It's also probably low on the list of things to get fixed, but rest assured that we do know about the error.

I don't suppose there's a way to get back all of the stuff I had in my user notes thingy?

If you're talking about post drafts, all drafts were automatically posted in their thread of origin when the information was swapped over because Xenforo doesn't support the drafts feature that we had on MyBB. If you're not talking about drafts... then I guess I'm not sure what "user notes thingy" means, sorry. >_>

EDIT: Now that I'm more aware of what this actually is, I've passed the issue onto higher-ups. Not actually sure if the information is lost or moved somewhere weird, but someone will post again with a firmer answer for you.

Oh, thanks; I was hoping for something less... formal, really; I didn't know you had to become a mod to run those things. I guess I'll settle with watching in that case.

You do not have to become a mod to run an activity. You do become staff (as in, Activities staff), but that does not automatically make you a forum moderator, since forum staff (such as mods) are only one category of staff.

Last edited:

Guts

CyberPhunk
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing these problems, but:
  1. Whenever I try to open a spoiler, I am taken to an error page that reads "The requested page could not be found." I can screenshot the page if needed.
  2. When I click "Post Reply" at the bottom of a thread, I am again taken to an error page. However, this one says "Please enter a valid message." I must click "More Options" to actually reply to a post, which doesn't make much sense.
I'm using Google Chrome, if that information is of any help. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just checked to see if these features work in Firefox, and they absolutely do. I didn't even know there were drop-down menus until I logged in from Firefox. I'm also not able to edit my signature or edit any of my posts. Not sure if this is already being dealt with or has already been brought up, but I just thought I'd list some of the issues I was having.

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing these problems, but:
  1. Whenever I try to open a spoiler, I am taken to an error page that reads "The requested page could not be found." I can screenshot the page if needed.
  2. When I click "Post Reply" at the bottom of a thread, I am again taken to an error page. However, this one says "Please enter a valid message." I must click "More Options" to actually reply to a post, which doesn't make much sense.
I'm using Google Chrome, if that information is of any help. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

1. Spoilers are working fine for me and I've seen other people use them without issue. Could you please take a screencap of the issue?
2. That "Post Reply" button is at the bottom of a quick reply box. You can just type your response in that box and hit "Post Reply" to easily reply to a thread without opening a separate page. Clicking the "More Options" opens the reply box in a new window so that you have access to additional features such as previewing and attachments.

Also, an update:

The information from the User Notes section of old profiles is still stored in the old database and is possible to find to our site admin. If you would like to retrieve that information, we need a sample of the text from that section so that we can do a CTRL+F to find the entire section and share it with you.

Guts

CyberPhunk
1. Spoilers are working fine for me and I've seen other people use them without issue. Could you please take a screencap of the issue?
2. That "Post Reply" button is at the bottom of a quick reply box. You can just type your response in that box and hit "Post Reply" to easily reply to a thread without opening a separate page. Clicking the "More Options" opens the reply box in a new window so that you have access to additional features such as previewing and attachments.

Yeah, after checking the issues on firefox, it turns out the quick reply text box doesn't even appear on the bottom of the thread on Google Chrome, hence why I can't enter a valid message. And like I said, all of the issues I was facing on Chrome are nonexistent on Firefox, including the spoiler error.

I also double-checked to see if adblock was the reason that I was experiencing these errors on chrome, since I have it installed there and not on Firefox, but that wasn't the issue.