Pokemon What Is Your Signature Pokémon?

98Greener

tree noises
For most people in the Pokemon community, they have a signature Pokemon. It's the one that you can't do without, the one that goes on your team no matter what. It can relate to you in real life, or it can just be appealing to you.

For me, it's Archeops, the First Bird Pokemon.
It's a clumsy, derpy, and may be smarter than the average Tranquill. The ability Defeatist sort of shows how it just...gives up when everything goes bad for it. I can relate to him. I'm usually the one causing screw-ups, and I'm a bit obilvious. He was a bro in my B/W run, and because I didn't add him in XY, I'm going to make up for it in ORAS. That might be near impossible, but I'll find a way.

So tell us, what's your signature Pokemon?

RE: What is your signature Pokemon?

In competitive battles lately it's Jolteon.
This Pokemon has helped me a lot. I think it is so underrated.
I nicknamed him "Mighty Max". I am not sure why it just felt like that boy from that TV show that isn't strong as all the other monsters but still survive all the time.
Plus its seems no one else I battle against has one which just emphasis how it's unique just for me : )

I would have to say mine is garchomp I love this thing. As a child I always had a soft spot for anything dragons but, there wasn't any dragon type Pokémon I liked till gen three enter rayquaza,salamence and, the eon Pokémon. As soon as fourth gen came out and I saw garchomp I switched my favorite dragon. My motto on y version even says Let's go Garchomp!

Mine is Breloom (shocker considering it's my profile picture). I've always loved Breloom for being an awkward creature that no one expects anything from, then it's arm stretches out at you like Luffy's gum-gum pistol and knocks you on your butt. No, I don't use a stretchy arm to beat up people (although that'd be pretty cool), but I can in some ways relate to having special skills no one expects. If I can get Breloom in a game, then I'll 100% use him in my run of the story.

Sceptile has and always will be my main pokemon and team leader. I love sceptile so much. My dear Slithe has been with me since Sapphire came out.

And now we are going back home to mega evolve him. I am so happy

Starmie has been a Favorite/signature poke for me since gen 1, water types were already my favorite and I saw it in the anime and loved it

Mine is Umbreon if the profile picture and signature wasnt a dead giveaway already. As a pokemon player I always liked playing Pokemon XD/Colloseum and Umbreon was/could be your starter pokemon. I always name my Umbreon's Obsidian, because it sounds good on Umbreon. I always wrecked people with him and he was so bulky that nothing could kill him and he would single handedly just destroy my opponent. I also really love Umbreon's shiny since blue is my favorite color.

For me it's Tyranitar. The first time I saw Larvitar on GS I said I will train it and called it "Godzilla", plus it evolving into Tyranitar was a huge plus for me. Whenever I start a new Pokémon game I tried to start with Larvitar in my game, it gets a little boring since when possible I start with it (and Staryu) but I just like it. Yay for Pokemon Bank.

My signature two Pokémon are Keldeo and Latias. Throughout playing in Generation 5 OU, these two were the 1-2 special combination on pretty much all of my teams, rain, weatherless, and even once in sand. They just synergized so well, and they at least are still viable in the Gen 6 metagame, meaning that I can continue to use them competitively or casually. The Latias is a shiny too, so all the better when I use her. Keldeo on the other hand is a bundle of raw power and the ones I have are the bearers of many of my best nicknames (one of my friends RNGed her own nickname on one, for example).

Excuse me if I sound like a hipster for heavily using legendaries, but they have served me very well ever since I first started using either.

Mine is Reshiram, and my twin sister is Zekrom!

My signature Pokemon would probably be Heracross. He has been among my favorite Pokemon since I first started playing G/S, and with the Moxiecross set he is insane in battles :p

I'm also fond of using Armaldo and Cradily :3

I have a lot of favourite Pokémon, but I guess if I had a signature Pokémon, it would be Bellsprout. I have a huge Bellsprout banner that I printed at my last job to test our new banner printer, and I often use Bellsprout as a username for things online (I'm ShinyBellsprout on Steam, Bellsprout on a few other Pokémon sites). I also have used Bellsprout as my main Pokémon in all the various Pokémon online RPGs I've taken part in.

The funniest part? I've never actually used Bellsprout in-game. Although it's one of my favourite Pokémon, I don't care for it's evolutions very much, and it's too weak on its own to really be a strong team member without evolving.

Gardevoir, from the moment I saw her; I was playing some silly PC trivia game back when I was 14 and didn't know about gen III (My. this would be my tenth anniversary of finding gardevoir... ten years) and in a hangman game she appeared. The best pokemon ever; graceful, serious, beautiful, a mysterious air, a flawless color scheme. she reminded me of me.
I played that hangman game and another game about trivia I didn't really know hundreds of times just to see gardevoir, until I was able to get ruby.

Later I found out about RS and spent hours trying to get and train a ralts each and every time I played it. I still do.

Last edited:

Depends on the game. For the most part, I like to have Jolteon, Bellossom, or Torkoal with me at all times. They're my 3 favorite Pokemon.

Pikachu Female named Kasumi is mine. After a fanfic i read in 1998-9 where Ash's Pikachu becomes a anthro female Pikachu for awile

I wish i had the fan art for that fic still but i forget what the title was.

Sometimes i'll use Yellow as nickname for a Male or another female Pikachu.

I guess when I was younger, it was Graveler and Pika. I had at least one of them on nearly all my teams from gen 1 - 3. From gen4 on, there's really no pattern I can see.

My signature Pokémon are Blaziken and Gardevoir. Although I started with Gen 2 I barely remember anything about it (including the Pokémon I used) so I consider Blaziken and Gardevoir to be my first Pokémon. I still have them from my old Ruby version. They're now in X/Y and currently waiting to go back home to Hoenn.

Ever since G/S it's been Crobat, although I never used one in X/Y. Hm, I should get on that... Also, I always evolve the first Eevee I train in a game into Umbreon, because it's my favorite Eeveelution.

My friends and I made our own factions, mine was named Orion (my best friend at the time was in the same faction, but used completely different Pokémon). My signature Pokémon at the time (Leaf Green, 2004) was Vaporeon and I build my team faction around him. I continued working on my faction until (very early) Black and White, even tough by that time it lost almost all of its meaning. I ended up with almost two boxes of signature Pokémon. The most important of which were Vaporeon, Crawdaunt, Wailord, Kingdra and Milotic (Water pokémon for the win :p).

Currently I don't have a real signature Pokémon. Lanturn may be in my name and profile picture, but it is just a Pokémon I really like (since Silver...), it is in no way my signature Pokémon. I must admit that I've been thinking about making a new faction for ORAS, because it is really easy to train Pokémon in XY. So new siganture Pokémon may be on their way.

I'm not really sure, as I like to use different Pokémon each playthrough and I hate using the same Pokémon twice in the same, or neighboring Generations, unless it gains something major.

Back