Best Card Sleeves

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
What do you think the best card sleeves are? They need to be able to be used at tournaments. Please don't say pre-release sleeves.

I pesonally like the really colorful and sparkly sleeves that come in red, blue and some other color made by ultrapro

^ Even though you like it, shiny sleeves aren't tournament legal.

I like the DP sleeves because I used them a lot and don't get worn out.

I use plain Ultra Pro sleeves. A few colors to choose from. They work well, are durable, are easy for me to find, and perfectly tourney legal, assuming you just get the plain ones. Couple textures to choose from, depending on where you go. Just don't get the sparkly, shiny ones (you can tell) and you'd be fine.

I love the LA sleeves. They hold up very well.
I also like the clear ones that come in the old deck boxes, they are sturdy and legal.

I've played through a season and a half with my DP Lucario sleeves and they're in as good of condition as the SW sleeves that I used for one day. Lol.

The best sleeves IMO are the 1-color Ultrapro sleeves. They shuffle well. They are easy to find. They are cheap in price.

Shadowwiidragon said:

Why aren't shiny sleeves legal? Those are the best kind, or the pre-release ones.

Dragon shield is my fav brand of sleeves. They are more expensive, but I bought 2 sets of them (enough for 3 decks) 2 years ago and I've not had to replace them. Not only that, but none of them are damaged.

I like the plain color ones made by/called Dragon Shield or something. They are kinda expensive but they last for a long time so they are worth it. The MT-MD pre-release sleeves suck. I used the MD ones one day on on nats in Norway (7 games) and when I came back to play the next day in top 16 they were totally broken. The LA and SF ones a quit good.

I remember when I played, Dragon shield lasted me from Cities to Nationals and were still usable in a PR after that.

I dont like Dragonshield sleeves. I bought a box of 100 and almost all of them were noticably different sizes. They also get sticky and are kind of hard to shuffle.

I personally think neo card sleeves - I think thats what there called. Not only are they relatively thin, light, and fit; the back is a little bit transparant so that you can slightly see the back of your pokemon cards. Also, their quite cheap and come in many different colours to suit differently themed decks.

I'm not sure if anyone suggested these or not yet, but these sleeves are nice.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DvqLrdukL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
They can take rigorous shuffling and last for a while. More than a year ago I bought some of these at my '08 states tournament and I still have some that are in good condition. They are also decently cheap. The only problems I've had was a sleeve unexpectedly break open. But that's why I carry some extras around with me.

Ultra Pro with a picture are quite nice IMO. They shuffle nice and quite strong. Regular Ultra Pro are just bad. They break so easily.

Dragon Shield is by far the best though.

Shining Suicune said:
Shadowwiidragon said:

Why aren't shiny sleeves legal? Those are the best kind, or the pre-release ones.

I heard you couldn't use shiny sleeves, because you could see a reflection of the next card, or something like that...

Back