Update (5:30) – The last scan of the magazine has revealed the first XY TCG sets and Ash’s potential traveling companions in Kalos. Check below.
CoroCoro has leaked, revealing new Mega Evolutions, new Pokemon, new characters, an updated type chart, and some potential dual-type move foreshadowing. Thanks goes to DorianBlack for the translations! To discuss this news, check out this forum thread.
- Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions! The latest one is called Mega Mewtwo X and is exclusive to Pokemon X. It is Psychic/Fighting, has Steadfast as its Ability, and its Mega Stone is called “Mewtwonite X.” The original Mega Mewtwo is obviously called Mega Mewtwo Y, is exclusive to Pokemon Y, is Psychic-type, can learn Hypnosis, and its Mega Stone is called “Mewtwonite Y.”
- Mega Garchomp has Sand Force as its Ability.
- Fairy-type is super effective against Fighting, Dark, and Dragon, weak to Steel and Poison, resists Fighting, Dark, and Bug, is not very effective against Steel, Fire, and Poison, and is immune to Dragon. (Our leaker got most of them correct!)
- Steel‘s Dark and Ghost-type resistances are gone now.
- Hariboogu is Chespin’s evolution, Grass-type, and learns Mud Shot. Teerunaa is Fennekin’s evolution, is Fire-type, learns Psycho Cut, and has a twig in its broom-like tail (will it evolve into a witch or something?). Gekogashira, Froakie’s evolution, is Water-type and learns Bounce.
- Two Fossil Pokemon are revealed: Chigorasu (the brown T. Rex) is a Rock/Dragon type has Hard Chin as its Ability, which increases the attack of moves involving the jaw, like Crunch. Amarusu (the blue Pokemon) is a Rock/Ice type and has Freeze Skin as its Ability, which changes all its Normal-type attacks to Ice-type attacks and boosts their power as well.
- Torimian, a white Normal-type Pokemon (the one from the Pokemon Direct), has Fur Coat as its Ability, which cuts the damage from moves that come into contact with it in half. A new game mechanic allows you to trim its fur to change its appearance. Round Eyes is a new Fairy-type attack it can learn. Nyaonikusu (Meowstick from the leaks), a Psychic-type cat, has major gender differences. Each gender has a different set of movepools, with the male’s movepool being more supportive and the female’s being more aggressive. The male can learn Miracle Eye whereas the female can learn Extrasensory (the female is on the left, the male is on the right). Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator as its Abilities.
- For some reason Parting Shot, Geomancy, and Oblivion Wing are listed as unknown types (???) even though Geomancy was originally announced as a Fairy-type move and Oblivion Wing was announced as a Dark-type move. Hmm… our leaker strikes again? Dual-typed moves?
- There are five scientists associated with Team Flare: Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, and Kolea. Team Flare’s goal is to create a beautiful new world.
- You can customize your clothes and hair at a Salon/Boutique. A famous actress named Karune helps you.
The last page of the magazine (the last scan below) has also revealed TCG and anime news:
- The first X/Y TCG sets will be named Collection X and Collection Y. A basic Fairy Energy will debut in the sets, and you can just barely see it in the scan.
- Clemont and the female playable character are seen in the XY anime promotional poster with Ash. Will they be his new traveling companions?