Update (7:00 PM, Monday) – Whoops, we switched around Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru’s names as explained here, as well as some of their information. Corrected below. | Update (6:00 PM) – A new batch of photos has been leaked. Scroll down below for translations of them.
The July (technically August) issue of CoroCoro magazine is beginning to link on Japanese forum 2ch; the first photo leaked shows the Ken Sugimori artwork of the bird Pokemon that was shown on Pokemon Sunday this morning. Click the thumbnail below for a larger image – we will post images of the other pages as soon as they crop up. Thanks go to Heerosferret and Yaminokame for the translations below. This post will constantly be updated without edit notifications (unless a new scan pops up), so you might want to refresh once in a while.
- Wargle (ウォーグル) is the Valor Pokemon. Its name derives from “war” and “eagle.” It is Normal / Flying, weighs 41kg, and stands 1.5m tall. One of its abilities is Keen Eye and it can learn a new attack called Free Fall (フリーフォール). Free Fall involves the Pokemon grabbing the opponent, lifting it into the air, and then on the next turn throwing it to the ground.
- The names we posted on Friday have been confirmed:
- Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the green, cell-shaped Pokemon; its name could derive from “ranma” (chaos) and “homunculus.” It is a Psychic-type, stands 1.6m tall, and one of its two abilities is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line.
- Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル) is the black / purple Pokemon that looks like a woman; its name partly derives from “gochikku,” which means “gothic” in Japanese.
- Musharna (ムシャーナ) is apparently the evolution of Munna. The magazine says the Pokemon has a secret related to something called Dream Smoke (ゆめのけむり).
- Right now, we’re not sure what Dream Smoke is. This is all we can see from the photo: “Get ‘Dream Smoke’ and you will be able to receive a ‘Game Sync,’ which allows you to go to the Pokemon Global Link.” Apparently, Dream Smoke has something to do with uploading your Black and White save file to the Internet (the Pokemon Global Link) and is somehow related to Musharna.
- The woman’s name is Makomo (マコモ) and she is Professor Araragi’s friend.
Rest of the Photos
- 1st and 2nd Photos: One version will exclusively feature White Forest while the other version will exclusively feature Black City; Black City is in the first photo while White Forest is in the second.
- 3rd and 4th: These are two childhood friends of the main character. The
girl boy with the short hair is Cheren, who was revealed in the Oha Suta trailer two weeks ago. The blond girl is either named Yuberu or Beru (too blurry to tell).
- 5th: Ken Sugimori artwork of three previously-revealed Pokemon. Kibago (キバゴ) is the green Pokemon that slightly resembles Larvitar; “kiba” means “fangs.” Kibago was revealed on the anime character sheet last week and later as a toy. Koromori (コロモリ) is a bat Pokemon that was also revealed on the anime character sheet. It is a Psychic / Flying type. The Pokemon’s silhouette appears on the hat of Kurt from The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark, meaning it was technically revealed back in March. We revealed Minezumi (ミネズミ) yesterday.
- 6th and 7th: This man is a mysterious person named N. He also appeared in the Oha Suta game trailer from two weeks ago. Next to him it says, “Pokemon are ‘FRIENDS!'”
New Batch of Photos
- In 3-on-3 battles, the placement and setup of your Pokemon will be important to the battle. Depending on who is in the middle and in the front of your party, the way attacks hit will change, so switching your Pokemon’s positions based on battle strategy becomes the main point of triple battles.
- A new feature called “Passing By” will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey.
- There is a new “High Link” feature that is reminiscent of the rescues in the Mystery Dungeon games. You can take on missions from a building in the middle of Isshu to help players who are in trouble.
- The DSi will now have a “TV Transceiver” feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite). You can use its camera to talk to friends that you have exchanged friend codes with using “Live Caster.” Locally you can talk to up to four people, and over Wi-Fi only two. This may or may not be a Black and White-exclusive feature.
- A new attack called “Magic Room” negates the effects of all items held by your and your opponent’s Pokemon. Rankurusu can learn the attack.